Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

I thought he simply needed to get faster in decisions and actions which of course will come as it is his beginnings of top level football.

He did enough for me to be happy with him on our bench as he learns the division, learns the speed and develops physically and technically.

It is only one game but from what I saw I would prefer him on our bench than on loan. 

• Like 1

Carries the ball forward extremely well! I was disappointed his shot did not go in, would have been a beauty and he deserved it. Good debut from Tavares in the context of the situation, impressed by him.

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It was great to see him play for a long period of time, and from the start. His great shot that tested the keeper will get most of the attention, but there was a lot more to his game than that. He's very technical on the ball and was able to shift and jink it very well. He carried the ball forwards often and put in some very nice passes. On the negative side, his physicality is not good enough for the Premier League yet, he will get away with it against Brighton because they are a footballing team, but against pretty much everyone else, it would not be enough. As a youngster it was also not that surprising to see him take up some bad positions at times, as well as letting the game pass him by at others.

BUT overall for a very young player, there is definitely something about him. Players like Harvey Barnes, Ben Chilwell, James Justin all started with some naive performances before becoming important players. Sidnei is probably 2 seasons away at minimum from really staking a place in the first team and it will be interesting to see what they do with him next season. If it were me, I would loan him to the Championship KDH style and get him working on his muscle strength ASAP, taking into account that he will likely still be growing and developing.

But credit to Tavares agent aka @Ric Flair, there is something about this player. He will IMO go onto have a good career in a big league, and it will be interesting to see if that's with us. Based on what I've seen of him so far, I think he has a lot of potential.

Ran out of reps, bang on the money

If he is contracted for only one year and his contract is ending this summer. Supposing that rumours about interested clubs are true, why are we playing him without extending his contract first place. What is the logic of it?

I liked what I saw! Made some poor decisions but he can only improve on that, let's not forget he's only 19! He's got the likes of Tielemans and Maddison to learn from (hopefully he won't be learning long distance shooting from Wilf ;)). I'm glad BR gave him the opportunity.

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It was great to see him play for a long period of time, and from the start. His great shot that tested the keeper will get most of the attention, but there was a lot more to his game than that. He's very technical on the ball and was able to shift and jink it very well. He carried the ball forwards often and put in some very nice passes. On the negative side, his physicality is not good enough for the Premier League yet, he will get away with it against Brighton because they are a footballing team, but against pretty much everyone else, it would not be enough. As a youngster it was also not that surprising to see him take up some bad positions at times, as well as letting the game pass him by at others.

BUT overall for a very young player, there is definitely something about him. Players like Harvey Barnes, Ben Chilwell, James Justin all started with some naive performances before becoming important players. Sidnei is probably 2 seasons away at minimum from really staking a place in the first team and it will be interesting to see what they do with him next season. If it were me, I would loan him to the Championship KDH style and get him working on his muscle strength ASAP, taking into account that he will likely still be growing and developing.

But credit to Tavares agent aka @Ric Flair, there is something about this player. He will IMO go onto have a good career in a big league, and it will be interesting to see if that's with us. Based on what I've seen of him so far, I think he has a lot of potential.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

WE LANDED ON THE MOON

Massive night for Tavares, some positives and negatives to work on. Look at how Barnes has bulked up, they'll be getting him to strengthen over the next 12-18 months.

There's a player in there, that's why I was so insistent that it would be a travesty to see him leave in the summer.

Shame that rip snorter didn't go in but to be honest I think it would have been too much too soon, you lot would have hated it. At least now you can keep claiming he's not good enough still.

Welcome to the big time Sidnei, plenty more to come.

Thought his movement on and off the ball was exquisite for a debut start. He was very keen to get the ball too - at one point Wilf kept telling him off for coming too deep! He did lose the ball a few times too often but here's definitely something there!

Couple of times playing youth football speed but attempted passes were correct choices. Excellent technique for the shot! Keep him round the squad and then loan next year with kdh or sowah coming back with experience. 

id hate to see it but can see tavares going on loan and replacing youri when someone like Barca come for him

5 minutes ago, Greyowl said:

If he is contracted for only one year and his contract is ending this summer. Supposing that rumours about interested clubs are true, why are we playing him without extending his contract first place. What is the logic of it?

I've been trying to work out the same thing and I've come up wit four possibilities 

1. He has already signed a contract/is close to
  2. We are hoping fast tracking him to first team football will persuade him to stay
  3. He's genuinely seen as our best option right now and we don't really care about anything else apart from getting pts
  4. If he does leave the compensation other clubs will have to pay will be significantly higher now he's playing first team football

But honestly I don't think anyone knows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did ok, reminded me a bit of when Harvey got his first couple of games not in style more the fact you can see talent there but needs to get up to speed with the Premier League  If he improves at the same rate Barnes has then we are on to a winner .