Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

I don't think he was quite up to the speed of this level. 

There is definitely a very good player there but he was caught in possession a fair amount of times and it's purely down to him not having the time on the ball that he's used to. 

Would love him to sign a new contract and learn under the likes of Maddison. 

• Like 1

You can see the potential there but he also didn't look ready for PL football yet. He didn't quite read the game up to the level yet and couldn't see some good potential passes.

Could easily be a good player in there in a couple of years time, but don't think we should be relying on him being in the first team yet.

Not going to go too technical here, but there really actually and genuinely is just something about the way he a) carries the ball and b) strikes the ball (sometimes to the opposition) that shows he's 10% chance of being world class of 90% of being the next big thing that never quite happened; but you'd rather the ability was there than not.

Let's remember we don't even play this system so god knows where his thoughts were!

• Like 4

We played poorly in a fairly unfamiliar system most of the time he was on the pitch. He’s certainly got a lot to learn but there was definitely some positive aspects to his performance today.

Hopefully, he signs a new deal and with KDH’s return he gets a loan move next season (Luton wouldn’t be the worst place for him, incidentally).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think he did as well as could be expected tonight. Was OK, but not great.  Making his debut will be great for him though, and will be a brilliant learning experience. He just needs to be given more game time (either starting or as a sub) to bring him up to the speed of the EPL.

This was not an easy game to judge him in for me, particularly in the first half because most of his team mates were poor. He didn't disgrace himself and was so unlucky with that shot. His technique and the confidence to attempt it was telling I thought. Yes, he did give the ball away but so did the rest. I thought he looked very promising. 

44 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Not going to go too technical here, but there really actually and genuinely is just something about the way he a) carries the ball and b) strikes the ball (sometimes to the opposition) that shows he's 10% chance of being world class of 90% of being the next big thing that never quite happened; but you'd rather the ability was there than not.

Let's remember we don't even play this system so god knows where his thoughts were!

Yep he can see the pass and doesn’t over complicate it. Times tonight it didn’t quite come off but the intention is right 

• Like 1