Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Burnley match thread - Wednesday 3rd March at 6pm

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Nacho doesn't do well as a lone striker, Under is a myth as far as I'm concerned and you've got Albrighton who needs a rest just as much as Vardy playing on the wrong side.  Agree Tielemans is in the wrong role but we don't really have a fit, viable alternative, maybe with Iheanacho on the pitch he'll be a bit further back than in recent games, with Vardy or Nacho coming deeper.  After Prague I'm not sure Ndidi and Hamza is necessarily an improvement on Ndidi and Mendy, I think that one's much of a muchness tbh.  All in all Brendan's gone for a defensive formation which still has teeth, I'm not sure you've really done anything to improve that.

You make some good points and I agree no team tonight would be great as we are short but I believe Brendan has shat the bed and is going for a 0-0.

Ndidi and Tielemens have to play in their best positions and build around that. This has hit Everton at home written all over it, rubbish 0-2 loss from a set piece and no attacking threat and Wilf out of position..

• Sad 1

Every Opposition Manager:

"Pump balls into the box and win set pieces"

Do that effectively and we are a beaten team.

Absolutely zero defensive ability when it comes to set pieces or crosses yet so many clumsy players willing to give them away.