Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Burnley match thread - Wednesday 3rd March at 6pm

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

This site is going to be an nightmare WHEN we don't win, even more than normal. I don't care how we do it, we need to win to keep me sane tonight. 

I’ve changed it for you. We had a tough time winning before the line up, now we have 0 chance of winning. Brendan has set up a line up to not lose so it’ll be 0-0 0-1 0-2 depending how Burnley play. Well done Brendan 🙌

Edited by deanolegend1989

I wish he'd take a risk from the start. What is the point of waiting until 60 minutes to bring on Tavares or Under when Burnley are then going to move into 'shut up shop' mode and drop even deeper than they were in the first hour. 

We all know how this is going to go, and it's not going to be pretty viewing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

The classic cliche that means absolutely nothing but makes you feel better pre game when you say it before the reality.

Very true! It makes me feel better though :D

• Haha 1

Blimey that line up is as narrow as pin-stripes on a suit. Will we get outside of the width of the penalty box? I am surprised he didnt chuck in Daley-Campbell and Sidnei T. to provide some energy and movement. 

Not confident with this - it's like Rodgers is shrugging and saying "what do you expect?" to the board. 

Have some courage man - play the youngsters and rest our valuable assets.  

Burnley are smelling blood I guess.

Edited by oxtonfox
sp

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

We need some 1-0 shithouse wins whilst we wait for players to come back. Where is Ulloa now? 

The worry I have, is that that line up, despite being enforced is going to make this a tight slog of a game, and that's exactly what Burnley will want. Open games suit us as we usually have the quality to punish teams. Tight games are Burnley's dream. We need an early goal I think.

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I’ve changed it for you. We had a tough time winning before the line up, now we have 0 chance of winning. Brendan has set up a line up to not lose so it’ll be 0-0 0-1 0-2 depending how Burnley play. Well done Brendan 🙌

What would you do differently?

Not sure what else he can do. At least we've (hopefully) got 2 up front and Vardy has been isolated since Villa 2nd half.

Just a shame we can't dip into the reserves and pick a few players out.

89th minute Vardy dive for a pen that controversially isn’t checked by VAR, panenka finish from Tavares from the spot. 0-1. Dyche to turn red in the post match presser whilst ranting about how many pound notes our squad costs vs. His. 

• Haha 1

Haha, you lot almost got me there, then I realised this must be a FIFA20 simulation selection. I mean, who'd pick that back three? Also realised it must be an 8pm kick off, so the real team isn't out yet. You guys, honestly, such jokers, see you around 8 for the kick off........

Anyone coming for Rodgers later if we don't get a result can seriously suck my balls. There is literally nothing else he can do. He has done the right thing in setting us up to get at least a point. Any Brendan slander can do one

Edited by LCFCJ

2 strikers but will they get any service? We know Burnley are a strong physical side with Chris Wood up there and with no little pace or creativity I'm worried. However pleased to see Mendy back and cannot say there are any glaring omissions given the state of the injury list