Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Burnley match thread - Wednesday 3rd March at 6pm

19 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Is it? You really thought Ndidi, Mendy and Hamza would be starting? 

I did, as bad as it sounds I think Rodgers is just trying to freshen it up and hope we get an ugly win 

He obviously doesn’t trust Under, Albrighton has been very poor recently, so yes I did half expect it.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Re point 2. Ricardo just ain’t fit yet, hence why you ain’t seeing the explosive pace and tricks.

Think you’ve forgotten how he’s played before injury. 

Have to agree though I’d rather see him playing in his best position long-term but he’s our best option on the right at the minute. 

It's only opinion I suppose. He's been tried before this season on the right wing and I just think he looks a bit lost and contributes little there. I think he's any absolute star in his correct position though.

Hopefully the 3 CB's will give Ricardo & Castagne more license to get forward. In the last 2 1/2 games our full backs barely crossed the half way line. If they do, this can work. I trust in them I'm just concerned at the energy levels they have, a sharp version of this line up can get a result here but how sharp will they be?

Well, despite injuries, what a dreary defensive set up tonight. Same old same old dull defensive first half beckons, no flair or ambition. The back 4 even with Armarty are as good as anyone else is putting out at the moment. Ricardo and Castagne are both competent defenders so why not have Albrighton and Under in front of them or ... do we have to wait and go 2 goals down then panic and throw everyone on in the last 15 minutes?

This is Burnley we're playing, not Manchester City. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Poor Papy. Cue the 30 yard screamer that he’s gonna dedicate to yourself ;)

If I got 1,000,000/1p I wouldn’t waste my 1 penny.

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

What would you do differently?

I wouldn’t play BOTH Hamza and Papy. I also wouldn’t put Ndidi at CB and Tielemens in the hole, both proven to be square pegs in round holes.

Kasper

Castange Soyuncu Amarty Ricardo

Ndidi Tielemens Hamza

Under                             Albrighton

Nacho

Good balance, keeps our best players in the best position and gives us a chance to score.

We also rest Vardy for Brighton. He’s playing too much, he’s looking poor because he’s over played. Running people into the ground doesn’t work.

I think he’s got it all wrong and we are literally hoping for 0-0 at best. I can see the injuries but he’s bottled it because arsenal beat us.

Burnley arnt arsenal, Burnley offer not as much threat. Being THAT defensive is playing into there hands.

When we lose tonight, you’ll get people saying ‘but it’s not his fault’ ‘but we have injuries’ he’s a messiah regardless what happens.

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Sad 1

[Wonders if selection is going to be a bit funky, given our very well-documented injury problems]

[Sees team selection]

[Notices that the match thread has 8 pages of comment after half an hour  lol]

Screenshot_20210303-173434_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3