Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

The guy is a melt but Ole was bang on the other day in his interview, finishing 2nd is not an achievement if you’re a big club. 

Yes top four for us is huge. But if you’re Chelsea/Liverpool it should be just another day at the office, yet they’re celebrating like they’ve won the World Cup.

3 minutes ago, yag101 said:

I'd like to be optimistic here, but unfortunately they have nothing to play for, and neither do Liverpool's opponents. 

Could've said that about Brighton and Fulham but they both managed to get points out of the Manchester clubs tonight

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yag101 said:

I'd like to be optimistic here, but unfortunately they have nothing to play for, and neither do Liverpool's opponents. 

This is different though - it's first and only match back in front of the fans before the end of the season. They will be putting their absolute all in. Will it be enough? I guess we wait and see.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

The guy is a melt but Ole was bang on the other day in his interview, finishing 2nd is not an achievement if you’re a big club. 

Yes top four for us is huge. But if you’re Chelsea/Liverpool it should be just another day at the office, yet they’re celebrating like they’ve won the World Cup.

That’s rubbish! If we weren’t so passive in a few games we’d have too 4 sewn up! 

looking back at the games where we had chances etc to get something more from a game...Fulham(H), Villa(H), Southtampton(A) to name a few, could have easily been 5 more there

we should have put it to bed before now imo, its annoying but meh i suppose

the hope that kills you 

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Absolute bottle jobs!!!

Not the players, some of the melts on here!

crying it’s over, we’ve thrown it away, we have no chance! Pathetic the lot of you.

Simple fact is it’s far from over.

We need to beat Spurs and hope one of

Villa v Chelsea

Burnley v Liverpool 

Liverpool v Crystal Palace 

finish in a draw, to me that’s far from

over back the lads!

And if it doesn't work out, we have just had our second best season ever, despite battling some insane injury challenges. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Could've said that about Brighton and Fulham but they both managed to get points out of the Manchester clubs tonight

True, but they didn't have anything to play for either. Already celebrating. 

5 minutes ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

Chelsea didn’t on Saturday. It’s still all to play for 

Cup Finals are a completely different game. One off games with a trophy at stake bring out plenty of surprises. Unless Spurs are in them...

Edited by KrefelderFox666

9 minutes ago, rachhere said:

This is different though - it's first and only match back in front of the fans before the end of the season. They will be putting their absolute all in. Will it be enough? I guess we wait and see.

Exactly this... Also after all that super league rubbish teams will what to beat the proclaimed big 6

Southampton and Newcastle has cost us, 5 points dropped would be difference now. With injuries aside, Evans, JJ and Barnes probably start tonight. Big misses for us. Throw in the poor return to form of Ricardo and Madders from injury alongside Vardys alarming drop as well and you have to wonder how we've managed to stay in touch. The latter Vardy seemingly feels like the end of his career with us playing out, certainly as anything first 11 wise. Just a shame that drop was so alarming goal wise, none of us saw that coming before Xmas. Huge summer ahead. I'd guess some realignment to options in market if we miss out on UCL which looks most likely now sadly.

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Southampton and Newcastle has cost us, 5 points dropped would be difference now. With injuries aside, Evans, JJ and Barnes probably start tonight. Big misses for us. Throw in the poor return to form of Ricardo and Madders from injury alongside Vardys alarming drop as well and you have to wonder how we've managed to stay in touch. The latter Vardy seemingly feels like the end of his career with us playing out, certainly as anything first 11 wise. Just a shame that drop was so alarming goal wise, none of us saw that coming before Xmas. Huge summer ahead. I'd guess some realignment to options in market if we miss out on UCL which looks most likely now sadly.

more than just them games tbf, likes of the villa home game when they scored in the last minute, fulham at home, the home form has cost he dearly 

26 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Absolute bottle jobs!!!

Not the players, some of the melts on here!

crying it’s over, we’ve thrown it away, we have no chance! Pathetic the lot of you.

Simple fact is it’s far from over.

We need to beat Spurs and hope one of

Villa v Chelsea

Burnley v Liverpool 

Liverpool v Crystal Palace 

finish in a draw, to me that’s far from

over back the lads!

great post. some of the pathetic posts on here on this thread remind me why this country has completely gone down the sh*tter. 

Liverpool still have to beat Burnley for it to be out of our hands and even then we'd still be able to catch them assuming our goal difference betters theirs. Let them win first and then we can re assess. They haven't exactly been electric this season. 

• Like 1