Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

15 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The difference between big clubs and the others is that when it matters, they are there.

or there sqauds are massive and it doesnt really matter to them

p.s. we literally won the ****ing cup final on sat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If we are in this position again next season I hope we have a gentler run-in. In the past six seasons we've played at least two of the Super League mob in the final three games of a campaign.

Would actually be interesting to see how we hold up with three mid-table/ strugglers to finish.

Well que Sara, let's see what happens. We've got European football anyway and we won the cup, so it's been a better season than last year and we can build on that. Not only that, or club has gained more reputation, not only for our performance, but for a club that people actually like and relate too, there's a lot to be proud of. Great time to be a Leicester fan. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

Don’t do it to yourselves lads. I think it’s done and to be honest the fact we’ve riled all of them given how much they’ve spent versus us is just hilarious. 

Until we can go out and slap money into this squad we won’t actually convert it into CL. There’s a reason why we can’t beat some of the fodder and turn Chelsea over twice in as many days.

Thats not me complaining it’s just factual. We have done well. Could have done better but until we can spunk like these other clubs we can’t expect any more.

I'm very happy with 5th and the FA Cup, but I'll be damned if I give up hope of a top 4. I "hoped" we'd win the FA Cup, but after the 1st half on Saturday I wouldn't have bet on it. Yes, it's the hope that kills you, but it's also what makes it fun (I don't think fun is the word lol).

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

life is very much like a camel ride. you go up, and down, but are you really in control? no.. no one is. with that being said.... we must put ourselves in the best position possible on our mtaphorical camel.... but the camel does what it does.... hahahahha

in all truth, im not going to go crazy analysing the numbers. lets just do what we can and see what happens. im leicester till i die regardless. 

25 minutes ago, Torten said:

So I go onto Wikipedia as FT is riling me up and the featured article:

- Burnley Football Club

It’s a sign lads

Maybe, but their home form in the PL since the new year is dire: LWLDDDDDLLL.

Btw, thinking about our last season competing in the CL, what happened? We struggled in the PL and sacked the manager!

At the start of the season when I saw the final 3 fixtures I said we'd need a buffer by then as we'd be artificially higher in the table than we may finish, not knowing at the time if that meant top 4,6 or 8. But now it's here it's not as simple as that. We beat Man Utd so are getting at least 3 of the 9 points but dropped 3 against Newcastle and you look back at the Fulham game and several others.

We've had bad luck in the last few weeks, in a way the incorrect sending off of the Southampton player made that game harder, the loss of Evans just before kick off threw us into a shambles against Newcastle, the party which led to an under strength team vs West Ham, then the likes of Man City going easy against Chelsea (OK Utd did against us), dodgy penalties, added time when big 6 clubs need it so on and on. We're very close and you can really see that even just 2 extra bodies of quality would have helped us with those extra few points required. It's not over but it does feel that momentum has swung but if Perez shot goes in tonight no conspiracy / big-6 theories could take away the point and the loss of 2 for Chelsea, we were that close. Just hope for one more twist and some braver refereeing in the coming days but I really think Burnley are as Leia once said our only hope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Absolute bottle jobs!!!

Not the players, some of the melts on here!

crying it’s over, we’ve thrown it away, we have no chance! Pathetic the lot of you.

Simple fact is it’s far from over.

We need to beat Spurs and hope one of

Villa v Chelsea

Burnley v Liverpool 

Liverpool v Crystal Palace 

finish in a draw, to me that’s far from

over back the lads!

We have an implied 38% chance on Betfair.

As you say if we beat Tottenham then three games have to go against us.

We're certainly the outsider of the three but we're still well in this.

• Like 1