Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

HOME fans with 0 AWAY fans is an advantage after watching our game tonight. 

Burnley vs Liverpool may not be the walkover I was first predicting with fans there.

Aston Villa vs Chelsea may not be the walkover I was first predicting with fans there.

I know I am clutching a bit, but those bastard Chelsea fans made a difference tonight. 

It's out our hands but stranger things have happened! And that's me signing off for the night as I can't be bothered with the abuse the players and manager will (rightly or wrongly) get. 

p.s Chilwell is a proper bellend. I am so happy the game he wanted to win most. He lost. To us. FA Cup winner... you'll never sing that! 

• Like 4

Got to beat Spurs and hope Chelsea come unstuck at Villa. Liverpool will get maximum points. Disgusting we're going into the final game with it likely out of our hands again.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Got to beat Spurs and hope Chelsea come unstuck at Villa. Liverpool will get maximum points. Disgusting we're going into the final game with it likely out of our hands again.

Wasn't out of our hands last season. 

Had we beat Man Utd, we'd have took 4th.

• Like 2

Optimistic side of me says I don’t think its over yet. 

The league is unpredictable. We’ve seen the impact a crowd can have & the Villa fans will be expecting a good performance against Chelsea.

As for Liverpool, Burnley & Palace are tricky fixtures so who knows what could happen.

Keep the faith :thumbup:

• Like 3

Mentality is the key as Rodgers says and West Ham away was the big one on that front and we completely bottled it (tonight to an extent too). Both the idiots that were excluded but also a big team turns up there and just gets the job done, plays the game on their terms

A bit like Chelsea did a week or two later.

Someone could do us a favour but it looks gone and that’s now two years where we had to chance to do great things for developing the club and fluffed it. Probably aren’t going to get another chance next year

Well, everyone, its been an amazing ride...winning the FA Cup...been top 4 for all but the last 2 games of the season (im assuming Liverpool will win tomorrow)...but I can't watch whats coming so I’ll see you all next season. Have a great summer all 👋

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Absolute bottle jobs!!!

Not the players, some of the melts on here!

crying it’s over, we’ve thrown it away, we have no chance! Pathetic the lot of you.

Simple fact is it’s far from over.

We need to beat Spurs and hope one of

Villa v Chelsea

Burnley v Liverpool 

Liverpool v Crystal Palace 

finish in a draw, to me that’s far from

over back the lads!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Terrific post.

• Like 1

I’m usually a Leicester City pessimist but it’s far from over.

We can beat Spurs at home and there were real flashes of fight at the end there.

Villa away is not an easy fixture for Chelsea. If they draw that and we beat Spurs then we’re back in business.

That said, it would be great if Burnley can do us a favour and leave us in a position where a draw is enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Makes me wonder if some of our players actually want CL. It’s a great gig being at Leicester and some must worry that they’d be out of the door if we were able to strengthen the squad with the extra revenue 

Think they'd be happy with the bonus they make.

Especially as we give contracts out for fun to people like Matty James.

4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Makes me wonder if some of our players actually want CL. It’s a great gig being at Leicester and some must worry that they’d be out of the door if we were able to strengthen the squad with the extra revenue 

Almost certainly the exact calculation Perez made when he saw that ball coming towards him

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

We can beat Spurs at home and there were real flashes of fight at the end there.

Villa away is not an easy fixture for Chelsea. If they draw that and we beat Spurs then we’re back in business.

That said, it would be great if Burnley can do us a favour and leave us in a position where a draw is enough.

We could beat Spurs at home, but we also could've beaten, Everton, Villa, Leeds, Fulham and Newcastle at home.

I definitely think we're in with a big chance, but throwing away points like that is absolutely criminal. 

That's what would ultimately cost us if we fail again.

Guest bennytwohats

Three games we aren’t involved in and we are relying on one of them to go our way. Of course we need to do our bit and beat Spurs, which won’t be easy. Need to pick ourselves up and focus on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I'd like to be optimistic here, but unfortunately they have nothing to play for, and neither do Liverpool's opponents.