Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

4 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I think our top four depends on how our rep players come back,  if none are injured then we only have to play every 7 or so days which means our players get a rest , with 9 games to go I think we need at least 17 points from 29

Assuming WBA gets pushed back to the midweek after the Semi; only 4 of our Premier League matches will follow a full weeks rest. 3 if we get to the FA Cup final.

16 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Assuming WBA gets pushed back to the midweek after the Semi; only 4 of our Premier League matches will follow a full weeks rest. 3 if we get to the FA Cup final.

Not too much of a worry that, this recent easing of the schedule is what's been most important. Just hope Ndidi and Tielemans are handled sensibly by their international coaches.

12 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Surely 4th doesnt guarantee champions league   if   Liverpool and Arsenal  win in Europe  and Southampton won the  cup  would we even be in the europa

Arsenal winning the Europa League is a possibility but Liverpool winning the CL and Southampton winning the FA Cup (they have to get through the mighty Foxes first) - highly unlikely. Even if the virtually impossible does come to pass, as I said, this Leicester side is a different beast and finishing 4th is a minimum expectation. Man U and Chelsea are our direct competitors in the run in and both have European commitments which we, thankfully, do not. Why shouldn't we finish runners-up to Man City?

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Chelsea now need to win 6 out of 8 games or win 5 and draw 2 in order to hit 68 points. They still have to play Man City, WHU, Arsenal and ourselves.

Thats why that result was huge, in my view it means two teams from the chasing pack need championship winning form to overtake us instead of one, on the basis we are on 'decent form'. For one team to hit that run of form is possible, for two teams to do it its higely unlikely.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I do love points on the board, even after last year.

Very true - bit off topic but I've seen fans from League 1 and 2 sides talking about their games in hand only for those teams to lose / draw their games in hand. Points on the board is what its all about.

• Like 2

Basically we need, to go into those last three games needed as little points return as possible. If we go into those games needing wins were buggard. We have a massive opportunity now to go for it, I’d even sacrifice the FA cup, I’m not overly sentimental about it and for the clubs development a CL place is more beneficial than the FA cup. 

5 huge games coming up, let’s get it done lads, no repeats of last season. We need to aim to have a 7 point gap between us and 4th by the end of play V United. 

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Basically we need, to go into those last three games needed as little points return as possible. If we go into those games needing wins were buggard. We have a massive opportunity now to go for it, I’d even sacrifice the FA cup, I’m not overly sentimental about it and for the clubs development a CL place is more beneficial than the FA cup. 

5 huge games coming up, let’s get it done lads, no repeats of last season. We need to aim to have a 7 point gap between us and 4th by the end of play V United. 

Sorry but that is crazy as we'd only have 1 extra game and the gaps between games are quite favourable for us with no reason not to play our strongest team in all.

- Gap between Man City to West Ham is 8 days

- Gap between West Ham to Southampton is 7 days

- Then we play 4 days later (West Brom) and then 4 days later again (Crystal Palace)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We took 7 out of 9 in the return fixtures. And battered Man U in the cup. There’s no need to be some deterministic about those last 3 games. 

44 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Certainly not buggered with those last 3.

Can beat all of them on our day and even so we’ll be pretty much there by the time we reach those games.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We took 7 out of 9 in the return fixtures. And battered Man U in the cup. There’s no need to be some deterministic about those last 3 games. 

We also battered Man City and got pushed around by them today. 

We’ve got an opportunity to wrap things up before those final three games, the caliber of those three teams means we really can’t afford to go into those games needing wins. In our next five games, we have West Brom, Palace and Newcastle.... we have to beat these, and then get points from Southampton and West Ham and we will be about there I think. We just need a cushion to take into those final few games.. no pissing around, the next five games are monsters.  

4 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Think we need 4 wins and 2 draws to get top 4 that would give us 70....hoping that will be enough but guess there's no guarantee...6 wins guarantees it...gives us 74....most points Liverpool can get is 73.

I don't see them beating Man Utd at Old Trafford anyway 

37 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We also battered Man City and got pushed around by them today. 

We’ve got an opportunity to wrap things up before those final three games, the caliber of those three teams means we really can’t afford to go into those games needing wins. In our next five games, we have West Brom, Palace and Newcastle.... we have to beat these, and then get points from Southampton and West Ham and we will be about there I think. We just need a cushion to take into those final few games.. no pissing around, the next five games are monsters.  

All true. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Not true. 

That's all I'm saying

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Natural to be pessimistic, we're Leicester fans, but honestly, I think if we need a win from those last 3 games we'll achieve it. United might have top 4 wrapped up by then, plus they may be in the Europa League final, players won't want to get injured. Chelsea we're away, no reason we can't beat them on our day with Barnes back. Spurs last game of the season, they may have nothing to play for by then, it's much easier to beat a team who have nothing on the line.