Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

There are NO easy games here on out. We have to perform to our best levels no slacking. We don't know what to expect and things can change in an instance. If we lose to a team after a hard fought quality match I will accept it but anything less than 100% is not acceptable. There will be fine margins and so we need to take the chances yes that means Vardy sorting himself out now asap and start banging goals in we need everyone pulling their weight. COYF! 

4 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Pity there not  all  away  only the bottom 3 have lost more at home . I  wonder if anybody else has qualified for the champions league losing 7 or possiblly more at home

On the face of it our home form looks abysmal but prior to yesterday our points per game at home was 7th best in the league. Our away form was the best and that's why collectively we are 3rd. We have lost a lot of games at home but thankfully due to minimal draws we are where we are and that's why I pay little attention to it.

30 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Leeds have Utd, Liverpool and Spurs all at home, to come. 

Really can't see them losing all 3 of those. 

I think we'll be OK for top 4 as long as we keep our heads👍💙

I look at Leeds and Villa and I'm so glad we've played them twice already. They absolutely will do us favours, the horrible beautiful bastards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Thats a fans pub-talk scenario..for also rans..out of the Top 6.....

every season there are shocks in the premiership. just off the top of my head in the last 2 seasons, Norwich beating Man city, Sheffield utd beating Man utd, West Brom beating Chelsea, Brighton beating Arsenal twice last season, Brighton beating Spurs 3-0 and 1-0, Liverpool losing 3-0 to Watford, Burnley beating Liverpool, Fulham beating Liverpool to name but 10, sure they are less likely at the end of the season, but it can happen, no game is a gimmie in the premiership despite the stronger squads of the bigger names, it's why its such an exciting league, an is watched all around the world.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I look at Leeds and Villa and I'm so glad we've played them twice already. They absolutely will do us favours, the horrible beautiful bastards.

Towards the end of the season that is less likely, both mid table ish with Leeds having very little to play for 

Edited by TJB-fox

53 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Towards the end of the season that is less likely, both mid table ish with Leeds having very little to play for 

Not necessarily. Both still have a small shot at top 7, I also don't see either manager allowing a drop off. Leeds have real momentum right now and Grealish is back imminently, both have Liverpool in the next couple of weeks so even if they do fail to get Europe those games will be when they still have a fair bit to play for.

Liverpool will be in a world of trouble vs Leeds frenetic press with that dog shit back line.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not necessarily. Both still have a small shot at top 7, I also don't see either manager allowing a drop off. Leeds have real momentum right now and Grealish is back imminently, both have Liverpool in the next couple of weeks so even if they do fail to get Europe those games will be when they still have a fair bit to play for.

Liverpool will be in a world of trouble vs Leeds frenetic press with that dog shit back line.

There’s nothing a manager can do, majority of the time players will drop off towards the end of the season if they have nothing to play for whether they realise it or not! 

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

every season there are shocks in the premiership. just off the top of my head in the last 2 seasons, Norwich beating Man city, Sheffield utd beating Man utd, West Brom beating Chelsea, Brighton beating Arsenal twice last season, Brighton beating Spurs 3-0 and 1-0, Liverpool losing 3-0 to Watford, Burnley beating Liverpool, Fulham beating Liverpool to name but 10, sure they are less likely at the end of the season, but it can happen, no game is a gimmie in the premiership despite the stronger squads of the bigger names, it's why its such an exciting league, an is watched all around the world.

Bit they Were not EOS...bringing. the Team already onthe beach stories that is the giste of the posts..

but games won during the season...!!

Edited by fuchsntf

17 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

There’s nothing a manager can do, majority of the time players will drop off towards the end of the season if they have nothing to play for whether they realise it or not! 

But as I said, they are both currently in with a shot of top 7 and the main rival who have some momentum (Liverpool) face them both in their next 2 games way before the " end of season drop off " that you're referring to.

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Bit they Were not EOS...bringing. the Team already onthe beach stories that is the giste of the posts..

but games won during the season...!!

I get your argument and in part I agree, but my point is teams at the bottom are also fighting for survival, if a top team is 10-20% off there game an overconfidence can bring that, at any time of the season, any result is possible in football being a lower scoring game compared with other sports, an more specifically the premiership. Amazon have a great series on Football called this is football one episode is called chance (luck) episode 3, a study was done on hundreds of bundesliga games an found 25% of the result of games was down to luck, an while sure its a smaller % its extremely relevant, an why I usually feel more nervous as a fan with the games we should win, than those we aren't expected to win. 

Edited by Beachyboy

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

I get your argument and in part I agree, but my point is teams at the bottom are also fighting for survival, if a top team is 10-20% off there game an overconfidence can bring that, at any time of the season, any result is possible in football being a lower scoring game compared with other sports, an more specifically the premiership. Amazon have a great series on Football called this is football one episode is called chance (luck) episode 3, a study was done on hundreds of bundesliga games an found 25% of the result of games was down to luck, an while sure its a smaller % its extremely relevant, an why I usually feel more nervous as a fan with the games we should win, than those we aren't expected to win. 

Ahh...Now I understand...you  actually are One of those weirdos, that believe there are games we "should" win..

By the way the Bundesliga is Never any good as an example of Stats......Bundesliga games are the cynical opposite of Roy of the Rovers stuff,

With Bayern Coming out always (99.8%) on top....If they Trip up & get dirty,they will Comeback Smelling of Roses....

Edited by fuchsntf

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Ahh...Now I understand...you  actually are One of those weirdos, that believe there are games we "should" win..

By the way the Bundesliga is Never any good as an example of Stats......Bundesliga games are the cynical opposite of Roy of the Rovers stuff,

With Bayern Coming out always (99.8%) on top....If they Trip up & get dirty,they will Comeback Smelling of Roses....

If we cant beat a team we beat 9-1 away at home  ad given no chance  correctly  against one we beat 5-2  away   there is nopremier side we are certain to beat   so I  agree   but  human nature it is