Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

8 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

How can they monitor how every fan gets to Wembley. Thousands of people travel to London every day to work from all over,  so not sure what the difference is !

People are just quoting from what other fans have had to do for the Carabao final and the fact we've seen extracts around needing to travel on a few ways. If people want to risk being stung twice then that's their choice. 

38 minutes ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

I’m going London regardless, will be very surprised if you have to take a designated train down.

Man City fans had to do it for League Cup final other week.

Think there were 3 specials put on.

Trains chartered exclusively for the use of Manchester City supporters to travel to and from London will depart from Manchester Piccadilly at the following times: 10:20am, 11:55am.

A further train has been made available, departing Manchester Piccadilly at 12:55pm.

Edited by Fox92

12 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

It’s getting to the point where if they don’t sort the tickets out soon they won’t be able to post them in time lol

Wouldn’t they be print at hone or pick up at Wembley due to the time?

Regarding that link to EMR trains, has anyone on here used public transport much since last March? As I read it they’ll monitor trains and you may be held back from travelling on the one you booked, hence have they taped hundreds of seats off all over and it’s a reduced capacity?

Club coaches surely will be the same but given the 2 options I’d sooner mask up for one hour on the train then tube across London than sit on a coach for 2 1/2 hours being told to not do this, and be masked up the whole journey.

Or it’s drive there but I read on here that results in special car parks but who is to know I drove to done tube stop then jumped on a tube for 2 stops to Wembley?

It doesn’t seem much of a test event to me especially with barely any fans in a 90k stadium.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s awful for some people and I’m gutted for them that aren’t going to be able to go. I’m a firm believer in you get out what you put in and in this case it’s paid off for those that have put in. The club have had a priority system in place for years now, and it works.

I don't mind the club having an away priority scheme.   What I object to, is how it's been organised in recent years.

Up to the summer of 2014, your away priority was solely based on the number of away games attended.

(there had been a couple of changes over the preceding years.  The away priority used to be based on the number of games attended in the previous season.  This priority was fixed for the duration of the next season.  eg Priority 3: 0-7 away games, Priority 2: 8-12 away games, Priority 3: 13+ away games.    I think we then had one season where it was based on your current running points total.)

The real problem started in 2014, when the club added 100 points for having a season ticket ... and in subsequent years added 50 points for every year a season ticket was held.

This was a bit like the League changing the number of points for a win from 3 to 50, but leaving a draw worth 1 point.   Can you see the problem?   A draw then becomes worthless, unless you happen to have won the same number of games as a team around you.

When they changed the system in 2014, attending an away match effectively became worthless unless you had a season ticket.   And keep having a season ticket.   It would take you going to 50 away games "to equal" just a single season ticket year.   So basically the current away priority system effectively starts with you having to have had a season ticket for the last 6 years.   

So last season's semi final at Villa (4226 tickets), went to those with 6 year's season tickets, and a "real" away priority of between 10 and 29 matches.   Or theoretically you could have that priority with 5 years ST and 60-79 away games attended, but that's unlikely.

And of course, having away priority on your ST doesn't mean you actually attended the games anyway.  

The current system is bad in 3 ways:

1. It's ruined the priority for people who used to go to a fair number of away games, but didn't have a season ticket.  
(especially bad for people living a long way from Leicester, but who used to get to 5 or so away games every year when we played in the part of the country where they lived.)

2. It's also made our away support worse, because it's jettisoned loyal lads and blokes who had worked themselves into decent away priorities ... and replaced it mostly with a closed shop season ticket holder only clique.

3. But the worst problem is it meant you had to have a ST reference to have any real priority ... and this then started the culture of borrowing ST references from someone else, instead of having your own away priority.   But then some ST holders soon cottoned on to the idea, and  actively starting hawking out and lending their ST reference to every Tom, Dick and Harry.   So we end up with people attending "big games" who haven't even necessaraily been to many away games.

And before anyone suggests it ... yes, I do realise that season ticket holders should have some priority.  And they already do.  It's called a guarenteed seat to every great home match, and all the joy that brings.   I just don't think ST holders should ever have had an automatic away priority.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I don't mind the club having an away priority scheme.   What I object to, is how it's been organised in recent years.

Up to the summer of 2014, your away priority was solely based on the number of away games attended.

(there had been a couple of changes over the preceding years.  The away priority used to be based on the number of games attended in the previous season.  This priority was fixed for the duration of the next season.  eg Priority 3: 0-7 away games, Priority 2: 8-12 away games, Priority 3: 13+ away games.    I think we then had one season where it was based on your current running points total.)

The real problem started in 2014, when the club added 100 points for having a season ticket ... and in subsequent years added 50 points for every year a season ticket was held.

This was a bit like the League changing the number of points for a win from 3 to 50, but leaving a draw worth 1 point.   Can you see the problem?   A draw then becomes worthless, unless you happen to have won the same number of games as a team around you.

When they changed the system in 2014, attending an away match effectively became worthless unless you had a season ticket.   And keep having a season ticket.   It would take you going to 50 away games "to equal" just a single season ticket year.   So basically the current away priority system effectively starts with you having to have had a season ticket for the last 6 years.   

So last season's semi final at Villa (4226 tickets), went to those with 6 year's season tickets, and a "real" away priority of between 10 and 29 matches.   Or theoretically you could have that priority with 5 years ST and 60-79 away games attended, but that's unlikely.

And of course, having away priority on your ST doesn't mean you actually attended the games anyway.  

1. It's ruined the priority for people who used to go to a fair number of away games, but didn't have a season ticket.  
(especially bad for people living a long way from Leicester, but who used to get to 5 or so away games every year when we played in the part of the country where they lived.)

2. It's also made our away support worse, because it's jettisoned loyal lads and blokes who had worked themselves into decent away priorities ... and replaced it mostly with a closed shop season ticket holder only clique.

3. But the worst problem is it meant you had to have a ST reference to have any real priority ... and this then started the culture of borrowing ST references from someone else, instead of having your own away priority.   But then some ST holders soon cottoned on to the idea, and  actively starting hawking out and lending their ST reference to every Tom, Dick and Harry.   So we end up with people attending "big games" who haven't even necessaraily been to many away games.

And before anyone suggests it ... yes, I do realise that season ticket holders should have some priority.  And they already do.  It's called a guarenteed seat to every great home match, and all the joy that brings.   I just don't think ST holders should ever have had an automatic away priority.

Essentially you should get a point per game you attend, home or away, on say a three year rolling basis. 

Maybe there’s an argument for two per away or something, but it should be based on matches attended and across the board. 

That way members (and general sale) get rewarded for the games that they attend equal to STH who attend the same game. 

Cup games included too.

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

Essentially you should get a point per game you attend, home or away, on say a three year rolling basis. 

Maybe there’s an argument for two per away or something, but it should be based on matches attended and across the board. 

That way members (and general sale) get rewarded for the games that they attend equal to STH who attend the same game. 

Cup games included too.

Think it’s fair to say there absolutely should be a system in place, although it’s also fair to say the current one needs improving. The current system is flawed but only rears it’s head in situations like this; plenty of games over the last 2-3 years have made it way down the list of priorities and some to General Sale.

Agree with the suggestions you’ve made, although I’d suggest the away matches being rewarded with points on a tiered basis. Midweek matches in the arse-end of nowhere for example, should be rewarded with more points than the so called bigger matches. 

You’ve now got people that have spent years building their priority, most of which haven’t abused it. How do you alter it now without punishing those that have done so?

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hahaha this guy is a class a nob.

Someone tweet him on my behalf and tell him he should have gone to away games.

He was referring to the local complimentary tickets. Not the away scheme. Absolute farce and a touts delight.....

46 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

What you must realise is that someone with 390+ points must’ve have consistently been to away games over the last 5/6 seasons. There’s roughly 23 aways a season. With the 50 points for each year you’ve had season tickets let’s say for 6 years that’s 300 points. Anyone above 390 has been averaging over 15 away games over the last 6 seasons. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, SamL said:

Think it’s fair to say there absolutely should be a system in place, although it’s also fair to say the current one needs improving. The current system is flawed but only rears it’s head in situations like this; plenty of games over the last 2-3 years have made it way down the list of priorities and some to General Sale.

Agree with the suggestions you’ve made, although I’d suggest the away matches being rewarded with points on a tiered basis. Midweek matches in the arse-end of nowhere for example, should be rewarded with more points than the so called bigger matches. 

You’ve now got people that have spent years building their priority, most of which haven’t abused it. How do you alter it now without punishing those that have done so?

Yeah, I’m one of those. I don’t think it’d punish anyone that regularly travels away as everyone would be in the same boat. 

It may push some members further up the queue  and subsequently some slightly down, but they’d have put in the work to get there. 

The club seem reluctant to change it though so I suspect it will stay as it is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluearmy99 said:

He was referring to the local complimentary tickets. Not the away scheme. Absolute farce and a touts delight.....

Won’t be a tout’s delight on this occasion because the name has to match the ticket of those who acquired it. 4 checkpoints at the last two test events with ID and showing negative tests

21 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Won’t be a tout’s delight on this occasion because the name has to match the ticket of those who acquired it. 4 checkpoints at the last two test events with ID and showing negative tests

The semi wasn’t like that, I’m aware of 3 lads who got tickets off locals outside the ground 

• Like 1