Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

Travel arrangements must be finalised by now and it'd be nice if, as a courtesy, LCFC could put something out about how that will work even if they can't post ticket info. Train prices will be going up every day the announcement's delayed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Travel arrangements must be finalised by now and it'd be nice if, as a courtesy, LCFC could put something out about how that will work even if they can't post ticket info. Train prices will be going up every day the announcement's delayed.

Well, if the trains are being put on by the club then the price will be fixed either way. It would be good to know if your own travel will be possible at all though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Having such limited tickets for an occasion like this is going to inevitably piss someone off. Even if there was 30,000 available, someone will be arguing they deserve a ticket because they had a season 20 years ago. I think I deserve something for sitting  through the rubbish before relegation to league 1 and then the promotion back. Barely been since lol

It's not the clubs fault the allocation is so small or the processes that will be in place. 

Season ticket with away points 

Season ticket holders 

Members 

How else are they supposed to do it? Only other way is a random ballot for all season ticket holders but then that will rightly piss off people who have been to every away game. 

Only annoys me if people have built away points without actually going but not sure that can still be done these days. 

Just wait till we get to a European Final and inevitably get allocated 15,000 tickets in an 80,000 stadium...

12 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Just wait till we get to a European Final and inevitably get allocated 15,000 tickets in an 80,000 stadium...

And people that have never left LE2 on a Saturday are kicking off because they can't get to Minsk.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1

I imagine they're just as frustrated as we are, feel for the admins running that page for the crap they'll get. Some of the comments under the tweet are laughable, some absolute boneheads around.

Edited by UniFox21

28 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Well, if the trains are being put on by the club then the price will be fixed either way. It would be good to know if your own travel will be possible at all though.

Fixed at £67.50 for a return and do not for a second think it will be discounted. We'll still have to pay the price EMT set regardless.

Currently, that's the cheapest price for the train.

3 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Fixed at £67.50 for a return and do not for a second think it will be discounted. We'll still have to pay the price EMT set regardless.

Currently, that's the cheapest price for the train.

think we’ll pay a premium on that, with no chance of using a railcard too

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

There is no fairer way. 

The only thing that you could complain about is the abuse of the away priority system. A lot will be in P1/P2 having bought up their tickets and selling them on, but I've been guilty of using a mate's reference on a number of occasions and haven't bought anywhere near as many using my own ST. It's meant that I have less than 300 points and won't be going, but that's the way it is. Short of some miracle, I'll be watching on TV with my old man.

The only other solution I can think of is to ban fans for frequent use of clappers, which is a measure that I think Jonathan would almost certainly fall foul of.

lollol laughed at that.

1 minute ago, Channies6thswan said:

I think I read somewhere that this years charity shield is to be played away from Wembley due to the women’s euros. 
might have dreamt it though

No that is right. However, I think the women's EUROs have been moved back to next year now though.

I know it's not the same thing but I wonder if reaching the League Cup Final last season and having a larger allocation that would certainly have included all STHs would've reduced the desperation to get to this one? Attending a cup final, albeit a lesser one, is better than none at all.

The fact is, 6,250 is a quarter of our Season Ticket group. 18k people are going to miss out who do exactly the same for home matches as those able to go. A ballot isn't right, for me, you have to cater for those who go home and away every week first and foremost.

We just have to accept that it's a right bollock kicking that we reach the FA Cup Final in a year where so few can attend.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I imagine they're just as frustrated as we are, feel for the admins running that page for the crap they'll get. Some of the comments under the tweet are laughable, some absolute boneheads around.

Agree some comments are not required but They really don’t help themselves sometimes on that page tho,

Anyway I wouldn’t imagine the logistics required would be much different to the other games held there so far, the blueprint is surely already in place, ticket allocation has already been announced publicly I would assume the clubs would have been told beforehand so that plans could be made The league cup final details was announced 2 weeks before the game at this rate we will be lucky to find out a week before

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

There is no fairer way. 

The only thing that you could complain about is the abuse of the away priority system. A lot will be in P1/P2 having bought up their tickets and selling them on, but I've been guilty of using a mate's reference on a number of occasions and haven't bought anywhere near as many using my own ST. It's meant that I have less than 300 points and won't be going, but that's the way it is. Short of some miracle, I'll be watching on TV with my old man.

The only other solution I can think of is to ban fans for frequent use of clappers, which is a measure that I think Jonathan would almost certainly fall foul of.

I have to agree for the majority but holding a season ticket for many years and doing a 600 mile round trip counts for nothing as I cant afford away games on top of so called home games....suppose i should never have moved to Scotland 🤔🤔.  I know someone who gets a ticket for her husband who has been dead a good few years and then uses his priority points and name to get an additional ticket...that's the sort of thing that makes my blood boil tbh....

1 minute ago, glasgowfox said:

I have to agree for the majority but holding a season ticket for many years and doing a 600 mile round trip counts for nothing as I cant afford away games on top of so called home games....suppose i should never have moved to Scotland 🤔🤔.  I know someone who gets a ticket for her husband who has been dead a good few years and then uses his priority points and name to get an additional ticket...that's the sort of thing that makes my blood boil tbh....

Probably has better opinions than the people who sit near me to be fair.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

No issues with the priority scheme being used but anyone caught reselling or passing on should be banned for life 

You won't stand a chance of that in this case. It will be your ticket and no one else will be able to use. If you read Wembleys terms. Even the NHS guest tickets have to be used by the nominated person and if you can't attend you have to notify Wembley yout guest is travelling alone.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Probably has better opinions than the people who sit near me to be fair.

I know someone who kept his dead sons season ticket as they shared the same name. 

Guess what. He got to do all 5 CL aways because the name on the ticket matched his passport:blink:

• Like 1

These stories of people "deserving" a ticket won't be anything new either- I'd imagine that all the Wembley trips in the 90's and 2000 had many miss out who "should've" been there. Just that the internet and this place weren't around for people to discuss it- I reckon the club had plenty of letters and correspondence, though.

We've got a tiny allocation at a time when we've got a record amount of season-ticket holders who have had their ticket for any number of years.

The fact is, these issues only ever come up when huge games happen. There aren't complaints about people missing out when we've had less than full away sections in the Championship in the past.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

I’d get booking the train as they will surely not over book them due to social distancing.

I managed to book for £45.00 so they are going up by the day.

That’s all well and good until they specify you have to travel on a specific train.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

I’d get booking the train as they will surely not over book them due to social distancing.

I managed to book for £45.00 so they are going up by the day.

If it’s anything like how Man City managed it then you’ll have to purchase your train ticket at the time of purchasing your ticket. 

Chance you could get stung twice by doing it now. 

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

If it’s anything like how Man City managed it then you’ll have to purchase your train ticket at the time of purchasing your ticket. 

Chance you could get stung twice by doing it now. 

Also, not sure if it’s been posted in here but there will be no charter trains. 

This is from EMR...

EMR Advice for 15th May