Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The idea of waiting until next season to punish them is stupid. If you can't kick them out now deduct them all their points. What ever. Just do something now. 

Exactly. The minute that statement was issued they should be relegated. And Chelsea should be chucked out of the FA Cup. I'm not even joking.

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The idea of waiting until next season to punish them is stupid. If you can't kick them out now deduct them all their points. What ever. Just do something now. 

So then we win the league? I'm all for it 

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

As much as I agree in general, in the context of this thread I'm not sure we can conclusively say we were offered a place but rejected it

No but we have stood against other steaming piles of shit like the ppv TV deal

I know the Germany jobs coming up, but you do wonder if the bayern manager asking for a contract termination knew about this? 

I mean club managers get poached for international jobs when they come up, none of them ask for termination they just get bought. Maybe he knew. Disagreed and asked to be let go. 

All that extra money will mean even more inflated prices for players when they attempt to buy from teams not in the Super a league. 

National FA’s and Uefa could sanction them.

Imagine a national team full of hungry players not seemingly picked due to thy team they play for?

Will have to see if the local FA’s do what is right for what should be a competitive sport. Teams and football will survive in the long term without these teams. 

4 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Who cares? I support the club not the money. We had duck all money between Micky Adam’s and nigels first stint. We was still there 

7 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

The thing is, from what I understand, correct me if I’m wrong, there’s going to be 2 groups with 10 teams and they play each other home and away?

That’s 18 games just in the group stages, so even if they were allowed in the domestic leagues, they’d still be limited to the 25 man squad size and how the hell would these team manage a potential 65-75 game season?

They’ll negotiate special terms won’t they?By the way we are now allowed a squad of 40,but only 25 can be registered to play in the Prem?

Sky sports news is utter shit. I don't normally watch it, but as this is a bloody major piece of sports news I put it on. Barring Neville's rant (which I love) they really don't have a thing. ****ing useless journalists. I'm sick of them.

11 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Spurs?? Really? I'll bet more superficial asian fans have heard of Leicester than Tottingham Hot spurts. But that's not the point. The product they are selling is a good one. But this is a fake version of it. And it will fail (if it goes ahead, but I doubt it will)

Spurs are the 8th largest club in the world (in terms of finances), right? That'll largely be international fans. Son would also help with a lot of that.

What's a fake version of it? I think if we'd go and ask somebody in 1985 or 1975 what they felt about the PL a lot would call that fake. ManC had a bench the other day that was made up of Foden, Augero, Walker, Gundogan, Mahrez, Silva... basically a second team that would compete for the PL title. Where the financial gap between the "big" teams and the rest is a massive chasm. We can say, look at plucky Leicester for stirring it up, good for us, but given we're really the anomaly and rarity tells us something important about this league. 

20 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'd prefer to watch Leicester in 'a glorified championship' than accept these proposals. At least there will be fairness and sporting integrity. 

100% this.

I'm sorry but people banging on about losing TV money if the Big 6 are kicked out.  Guess what, we are going to lose TV money if they stay in because the Premier League isn't the pinnacle anymore.  It'll become their reserve league.  

I'd actually argue we'd lose MORE TV money by keeping them IN.

Kicking them out gives the fans a cause to rally behind and to support with our time and money.  The Premier League would retain its integrity and would act as a direct competitor to this fake league.

For the sake of the sport in this country, these clubs must NOT be allowed to get away with this.  They've gone too far, way too ****ing far.

• Like 4

I'll be absolutely gutted when all that comes of this are those absolute dogshit CL reforms. Feel like that is the most likely way this ends too. 

Whatever happens, it's pretty funny to watch. Would love it if they all got an expulsion from the league or some bollocks

4 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Spurs are the 8th largest club in the world (in terms of finances), right? That'll largely be international fans. Son would also help with a lot of that.

What's a fake version of it? I think if we'd go and ask somebody in 1985 or 1975 what they felt about the PL a lot would call that fake. ManC had a bench the other day that was made up of Foden, Augero, Walker, Gundogan, Mahrez, Silva... basically a second team that would compete for the PL title. Where the financial gap between the "big" teams and the rest is a massive chasm. We can say, look at plucky Leicester for stirring it up, good for us, but given we're really the anomaly and rarity tells us something important about this league. 

If Spurs and Arsenal are so great why are they so shit? Sorry for being glib.

Edited by trabuch

4 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

They’ll negotiate special terms won’t they?By the way we are now allowed a squad of 40,but only 25 can be registered to play in the Prem?

But that’s my point, domestic leagues will just become diluted? I’m sure the top 6 will just not register their stars for the PL so they can priorities on the Super League, at least in the first half of the season anyway and then if they have little chance of making the knockouts they can just register these players in the second half of the season and see if they can win the PL

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

100% this.

I'm sorry but people banging on about losing TV money if the Big 6 are kicked out.  Guess what, we are going to lose TV money if they stay in because the Premier League isn't the pinnacle anymore.  It'll become their reserve league.  

I'd actually argue we'd lose MORE TV money by keeping them IN.

Kicking them out gives the fans a cause to rally behind and to support with our time and money.  The Premier League would retain its integrity and would act as a direct competitor to this fake league.

For the sake of the sport in this country, these clubs must NOT be allowed to get away with this.  They've gone too far, way too ****ing far.

you are incorrect IMO,  quite simply without the tv money then we wont be able to keep our better players. We get about 150mill a year because of the tv deal, it wont even be 10% of that without the big 6.

• Haha 1

Just now, LCFCbwoi said:

But that’s my point, domestic leagues will just become diluted? I’m sure the top 6 will just not register their stars for the PL so they can priorities on the Super League, at least in the first half of the season anyway and then if they have little chance of making the knockouts they can just register these players in the second half of the season and see if they can win the PL

Exactly that,and I can imagine their reserves would probably end up hogging the top tops.

2 minutes ago, noodles said:

you are incorrect IMO,  quite simply without the tv money then we wont be able to keep our better players. We get about 150mill a year because of the tv deal, it wont even be 10% of that without the big 6.

Frankly I personally don't give a flying ****.  I'd rather we folded then share a Mickey Mouse "Premier" League with these scum.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

If Spurs and Arsenal are so great why are they so shit? Sorry for being glib.

Yeah that's not a reflection of their ability on the pitch. The fact that Arsenal and Spurs are even in this break away proves this is only about money. Because it's not on merit. Just for some context, the next biggest English club after Arsenal are Everton (I think they're 17th).

1 minute ago, Hoopla10 said:

Yeah that's not a reflection of their ability on the pitch. The fact that Arsenal and Spurs are even in this break away proves this is only about money. Because it's not on merit. Just for some context, the next biggest English club after Arsenal are Everton (I think they're 17th).

It's horrible isn't it?

22 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

I'm not convinced kicking out the 6 will result in financial collapse. The tv deals likely have a few years left to run and in the meantime the primary source of clubs financial burden, the insane player contracts, will just have to be reduced. Players will just have to accept 30 and 40k pw contracts as opposed to 70 and 80k ones. Not all of them will be able to run off to the super league and if the various FAs go with this no international football for them threat they may not want to. We could see a situation where the super league soon has to make do with aging 30 somethings looking for that final big payday.

Again I ask what about ticket prices?You can’t devalue a competition by kicking out the main draw and expect to still charge top wack.This would have serious ramifications for the lower leagues who let’s face it are already fecked.