Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

Hang on. Boris Johnson is against it? Either his social media monkeys have told him it's unpopular and he's just saying something that he thinks people want to hear, or he knows loads about football and is against it. If it's the latter I'm all for it.

Just now, Mehrez said:

It’s up to the fans of all clubs to stand up against this, it’s pure greed, hit them where it hurts and boycott all revenue streams 

The premier league needs to expel the clubs ASAP, may be harsh for the fans involved but these clubs have brought the game into disrepute, no going back now 

• Like 1

More questions -

Wonder what this is doing to share prices of involved / not involved clubs?

Are there protests at any grounds yet (orderly in household bubbles I hope)?

Will there be a Super league game on the PS5 and will it have the proper kits and names (sorry, I mean boycott it)

Why us? 

Why always us? 

Just now, Happy Fox said:

The premier league needs to expel the clubs ASAP, may be harsh for the fans involved but these clubs have brought the game into disrepute, no going back now 

the PL is finished without the big 6, without Man u, liverpool then the tv deal is history, most clubs will go bankrupt.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Because the German league have club ownership done properly, fans basically own 51% of a club and have a majority ownership stake

As opposed to ceding ownership to dodgy tax exiles, dodgy yanks, dodgy private equity operations , oil rich Middle Eastern satrapies and Russian crooks 

Imagine a few years ago, say when Kasper was (nearly) scoring the last minute equaliser against Yeovil, or that when we missed out on signing Nicky Maynard, that in the next few years we’d win the league, reach an FA Cup final, and be the inspiration for the destruction of modern professional football as we know it.

What a football club!

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

As opposed to ceding ownership to dodgy tax exiles, dodgy yanks, dodgy private equity operations , oil rich Middle Eastern satrapies and Russian crooks 

Or Thai buddies of the royal family :ph34r:

Just now, noodles said:

the PL is finished without the big 6, without Man u, liverpool then the tv deal is history, most clubs will go bankrupt.

The Premier League will find a way, we may see an expanded Premier League with 24 teams or more, maybe the Football League also will be incorporated, as a Premier League Second Division and so on.

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Because the German league have club ownership done properly, fans basically own 51% of a club and have a majority ownership stake

Exactly. Vichai & Top are the closest thing we have to that England. With the soul of the club and fans behind them, look where are now. Leicester are the last hope for football. We’re fighting the dark forces of corruption and evil. We’ll never surrender 

Edited by Master Fox
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm very, very happy we've declined or shown absolutely no interest in this farce. I know we praise our club (rightly so) for doing the right thing but can you imagine the reaction had we pretty much thrown all of that out the window for money to be involved in this. I am so, so glad we are not joining in this corporate greed project.

We're owned by people who removed themselves from polo tournaments for a year or so because they kept winning it. They're pro competition and thank the lord for that. 

We'll be taking messi then this summer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Imagine a few years ago, say when Kasper was (nearly) scoring the last minute equaliser against Yeovil, or that when we missed out on signing Nicky Maynard, that in the next few years we’d win the league, reach an FA Cup final, and be the inspiration for the destruction of modern professional football as we know it.

What a football club!

I absolutely hear you. **** them - we've got Leicester City. We'll always have Leicester City. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I think this is bollocks to be honest. They’ve not always been the big six. The league’s been successfully built up over nearly 150 years.

tv deals are fairly new, its the big clubs that millions of fans around the world want to see, its going to be a glorified championship so thats why the PL wont boot them out, be writing their own obituary.

• Like 1