Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

1 minute ago, noodles said:

tv deals are fairly new, its the big clubs that millions of fans around the world want to see, its going to be a glorified championship so thats why the PL wont boot them out, be writing their own obituary.

But how could they not when it would be totally unfair in terms of competition for other teams in the same league. 

You would assume the 14 other teams would be asked what they think and how do you think that would pan out?

If this goes ahead and these teams push through, I'm certain they'll be gone from the league.

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

But how could they not when it would be totally unfair in terms of competition for other teams in the same league. 

You would assume the 14 other teams would be asked what they think and how do you think that would pan out?

If this goes ahead and these teams push through, I'm certain they'll be gone from the league.

not a chance, clubs will think of the money, clubs will lose over 100 million a year without them, most are already struggling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noodles said:

tv deals are fairly new, its the big clubs that millions of fans around the world want to see, its going to be a glorified championship so thats why the PL wont boot them out, be writing their own obituary.

Spurs?? Really? I'll bet more superficial asian fans have heard of Leicester than Tottingham Hot spurts. But that's not the point. The product they are selling is a good one. But this is a fake version of it. And it will fail (if it goes ahead, but I doubt it will)

the "glorified championship" wouldn't be able to secure the huge TV teams that the current EPL does and a lot of clubs would be screwed financially when TV deal and prize money accounts for 80%+ of the clubs revenue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Still laughable that Arsenal and Spurs are classed as big 6 ffs.

Based on how many times Spurs have been in the top two of the top tier in their history, they're ranked below Huddersfield.

Will the Leeds v. Liverpool match go ahead Monday evening?

1 minute ago, turlo said:

the "glorified championship" wouldn't be able to secure the huge TV teams that the current EPL does and a lot of clubs would be screwed financially when TV deal and prize money accounts for 80%+ of the clubs revenue

agree, its totally unfair this breakaway super league, i dont agree with it at all but to think we can cast out those 6 teams would be cutting off nose to spite face

i wonder if we would accept a place in the super league should one of the 5 invites was us?

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

Who cares? I support the club not the money. We had duck all money between Micky Adam’s and nigels first stint. We was still there 

The thing is, from what I understand, correct me if I’m wrong, there’s going to be 2 groups with 10 teams and they play each other home and away?

That’s 18 games just in the group stages, so even if they were allowed in the domestic leagues, they’d still be limited to the 25 man squad size and how the hell would these team manage a potential 65-75 game season?

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The good news is we are up to 2nd!

:mad: **** this Super League and everything it stands for.

That really does show that west ham are very good against teams outside the "big 6". 🤣

• Haha 1

I'm not convinced kicking out the 6 will result in financial collapse. The tv deals likely have a few years left to run and in the meantime the primary source of clubs financial burden, the insane player contracts, will just have to be reduced. Players will just have to accept 30 and 40k pw contracts as opposed to 70 and 80k ones. Not all of them will be able to run off to the super league and if the various FAs go with this no international football for them threat they may not want to. We could see a situation where the super league soon has to make do with aging 30 somethings looking for that final big payday.