Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

That was my first thought too. A contract is pretty watertight though I’d imagine.

*If true* I can imagine A LOT of players are going to be massively unhappy about it as well and will look for a way out, they have seemingly managed to turn PSG into the good guys ffs

We have to start defining what we mean by the clubs, I presume in some cases it's just the owner or chairmans decision (do shareholders vote on stuff like this?) and these w**ky social media statements, smug and senseless are posted by the I.T. guys but ordered from the very top.  It could be one guy per club driving the decision, it could be boardrooms of snakes? 

I'm very, very happy we've declined or shown absolutely no interest in this farce. I know we praise our club (rightly so) for doing the right thing but can you imagine the reaction had we pretty much thrown all of that out the window for money to be involved in this. I am so, so glad we are not joining in this corporate greed project.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I'm very, very happy we've declined or shown absolutely no interest in this farce. I know we praise our club (rightly so) for doing the right thing but can you imagine the reaction had we pretty much thrown all of that out the window for money to be involved in this. I am so, so glad we are not joining in this corporate greed project.

Doubt we were invited tbf 

2 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Absolute bollocks. Inter & AC Milan are way behind us now. You can add Tottenham and Arsenal to that failing group of shit soulless clubs we’re pulling away from. Barcelona are on the verge of bankruptcy too, and Man United.

They purposely announced it as soon as our FA Cup final position was confirmed. We’ve got the whole football world shook. 

That's what it is. It's desperate. And pathetic.

Could this be a chance to give football back to the people? 

Let them go circle jerk each other for American and Asian audiences whilst in the real world we nip these crazy TV deals in the bud. Lower the price of admission at PL grounds. See Lower transfer fees and put focus back on homegrown players. 

Clearly there will be a massive culture chock and adjustment needed but it could be what the game needs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Haywood_6 said:

It's an utter disgrace and it will not work. Punish them now. And when they realise that it was a terrible idea and come crawling back. They should be made to start at the bottom of League 2. 

They don’t deserve to play in League 2 let alone the National League.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Do we know we were even offered to join? Others in Europe would be ahead of us in their queue you would think.

1 minute ago, smallpauldj said:

I know this won't happen because they will also be lured by the gravy train, but what if the refs had no part in all this? Who will be the refs as they are employed by their respective league's? 

I’m sure some would be attracted by the $$$$$$

Get rid of them all!  I hope the leagues, uefa and fifa don`t end up backing down on this.    Make it crystal clear to them that at the end of this current season, any club still intent on joining this sham of a not so super  league, will be immediately thrown out of their domestic leagues, and out of europeon competition, and that any players willing to play for the dollar at those teams will never be allowed to play for their country again.

Let them stew in their own filthy money greedy not so super league.