Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

Also, where is the revenue coming from for this league? If it’s a mass fan boycott, then surely that cuts it off at the knees. 

I appreciate that some

of these clubs have massive international

following, however all 12? 

Just now, Sly said:

Also, where is the revenue coming from for this league? If it’s a mass fan boycott, then surely that cuts it off at the knees. 

I appreciate that some

Look on Twitter and all the plastics who’ve never been to a game saying it’s a great idea. Actual match going fans or local fans they don’t care about.

Half of these ****ers have American football franchises they’d happily move to the other side of the country to make more money.

• Like 1

In all seriousness, I can't see anyone being chucked out a league or docked points this season. 

It will likely be a case of them getting an ultimatum that if they join this league they give up their domestic place and that they have till the end of the season to announce their intentions.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Only way to stop it is to ban them, nothing else is going to work. They think they won’t get kicked out because the league needs them to get the money in. You can’t bend to them.

This is where it needs the FA, the Premier League and the TV companies to act as one.

If the PL kick them out then the TV companies have to go after the selfish 6 rather than the PL. If they go after the PL for doing what’s right that just solidifies the ESL.

Just now, Babylon said:

Look on Twitter and all the plastics who’ve never been to a game saying it’s a great idea. Actual match going fans or local fans they don’t care about.

Half of these ****ers have American football franchises they’d happily move to the other side of the country to make more money.

Exactly. None of these clubs care about the actual season ticket holders who've been going for decades.

You can easliy have a ESL game between Liverpool and Milan played in Los Angeles, Beijing, Dubai or anywhere else they fancy. As long as enough people sign up to watch it on tv then it's all good for them

Also not being called out is the sheer cowardice of doing this at a time when there are no fans in stadiums.

Everything about this stinks.

Love the bit about there being money to help their infrastructure to develop top class training facilities, you know, like the thing Top and his team have worked their b******s off arranging and getting the financing for us.

Some interesting angles coming out this morning, it could be a case of the six owners in this country only being allowed to own the clubs and the stadiums and the names but not authorized to stage any football games in this country, having to become a travelling circus and play all games in countries that will let them. Best hope is that the six get so much opposition in practical terms not just verbal and written that they p*** off and sell up.

The reaction of the sixes fan groups, managers and players will be very interesting.

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

I appreciate that some

Bayern v Real Madrid will get huge viewership no matter how many times a year they play each other.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

As far as I can tell their bots and they've paid serious money for them.

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

image.png.03db208673fd76730551fba9316ddd4a.png

Now that might actually hurt them

they will get more from the super league than they lose 

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

I appreciate that some

you mentioned the international following - add that this tournament would probably be broadcast on a PPV platform controlled by the clubs 

Neville’s tweet bang on about the audacity of these clubs to take £300 million each year and then roll up on a Saturday being financially doped. 

That it contains the big six in the PL sums up. The PL has the best TV deal. It has the best TV deal on European football. However they just want more. 

There’s a few points where I think this competition begins to struggle: 

- Finance, an incredible amount of money requires investing in to get it off the ground

- Referees, fundamental point that the referees are governed by the football associations 

- The 3 mystery clubs, would be hell of a call now for one of those to come forward 

- A midweek tournament will always struggle to milk the best TV deal. You can’t spread games as well over a week than you can a weekend. At best you have 6 games a week shown on prime time. 

Their absolute horseshit line about assisting the pyramid and improving the quality. This competition is going to have a lot of deadwood games with no form of jeopardy riding on it - even more than the CL does currently. 

I know a lot can accuse the PL of doing something similar. However a lot of how the PL funds money down to the pyramid goes unnoticed. They gave a decent sum over to the National League during Covid, they invest in the Football Foundations ground fund and ensure solidarity payments across the pyramid. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Bayern v Real Madrid will get huge viewership no matter how many times a year they play each other.

It will, however at the moment Bayern have not opted into this.

If you’re a player, what’s your opinion of this I wonder. 

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Love the bit about there being money to help their infrastructure to develop top class training facilities, you know, like the thing Top and his team have worked their b******s off arranging and getting the financing for us.

Some interesting angles coming out this morning, it could be a case of the six owners in this country only being allowed to own the clubs and the stadiums and the names but not authorized to stage any football games in this country, having to become a travelling circus and play all games in countries that will let them. Best hope is that the six get so much opposition in practical terms not just verbal and written that they p*** off and sell up.

The reaction of the sixes fan groups, managers and players will be very interesting.

I don't think this is anything more than bluff,.but if it's not and it goes ahead, I see Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Mourinho all walking. 

These guys - no matter what you make of them-  are in love with football. They won't buy into this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sly said:

It will, however at the moment Bayern have not opted into this.

If you’re a player, what’s your opinion of this I wonder. 

As long as I am still getting paid 100 grand a week that’s fine with me... it comes down to money this whole thing is money and greed. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

As long as I am still getting paid 100 grand a week that’s fine with me... it comes down to money this whole thing is money and greed. 

Yes, but sorry Mr Super Pro, you can no longer play for your Nation in International Tournaments - still ok with it?

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, but sorry Mr Super Pro, you can no longer play for your Nation in International Tournaments - still ok with it?

Do players care about International Football it’s not that a big deal to most? As long as they get paid their money and this competition will likely Double or triple their existing salaries. It’s just pure greed at the end of the day.