Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I daren't go to bed. I'll wake up and find out we've been forced to merge with Forest and Derby as the "East Midland Foxy Tree Sheep" in a restructuring of the Leagues

Wait Forest haven't been invited? 

• Haha 2

This whole esl nonsense is a smokescreen for the champions league changes which still makes the "big clubs" richer and gives them favourable access into the closed shop that will be the new champions league. Fans of the "big 6", the fa and the pl need to make a stand. Get these vile, money grabbing pieces of shit out of English football. Force them to sell up or remove them from the epl. The sad thing is, this isn't the fault of the fans or the actual football clubs, its all down to greedy owners. Ad much as I despise the "big 6" and their fans, they don't deserve to have their clubs destroyed by greedy owners. Henry, Glazer,Roman etc. Sell up and piss off you vile, disgusting human beings! 

• Like 1

The Times revealed in January that a proposal document showed founder members of a proposed European Super League would be offered up to 350million euros (£310million) each to join the competition.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have signed up to the breakaway plan with Manchester City the last of Big Six to do so, sources with knowledge of the development have told The Times.

City are believed to be the last of the six English clubs to join. The Premier League leaders, along with Woolwich, Chelsea and Tottenham, are thought to have been reluctant to join but did so because they did not want to miss out.

There would be among 15 permanent founding members and five other clubs, who would qualify on an annual basis. They would be split into two groups of 10 and play between 18 and 23 European matches a season.

The Super League proposals include:

- The 15 founder clubs sharing an initial 3.5billion (£3.1billion) euro “infrastructure grant” ranging from £310million to £89million per club which can be spent on stadiums, training facilities or “to replace lost stadium-related revenues due to Covid-19”.

- The format would see two groups of 10 clubs who play home and away, with the top four from each group going through to two-legged quarter-finals, semi-finals and a one-legged final.

- Matches would be midweek and clubs would still play in domestic leagues

- Clubs would have rights to show four matches a season on their own the digital platforms across the world

- Income from TV and sponsorship would favour the founding clubs: 32.5% of the pot would be shared equally between the 15 clubs, and another 32.5% between all Super League clubs including the five qualifiers

- 20% of the pot would be merit money “distributed in the same manner as the current English Premier League merit-based system” according to where clubs finish in the competition or group if they don’t make the knock-out stage

- The remaining 15% would get a “commercial share based on club awareness”

- A cap of 55% of revenues permitted to be spent on salaries and transfers (net)

- A ‘Financial Sustainability Group’ would monitor clubs’ spending

4 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I daren't go to bed. I'll wake up and find out we've been forced to merge with Forest and Derby as the "East Midland Foxy Tree Sheep" in a restructuring of the Leagues

That really made me laugh but I can't do a laughy face rep because I've shot my load following the fact that we just got into an FA Cup final.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Think the biggest LOL is Bayern Munich, arguably the architects of running a top European successful club aren’t included. 

Because the German league have club ownership done properly, fans basically own 51% of a club and have a majority ownership stake

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The Times revealed in January that a proposal document showed founder members of a proposed European Super League would be offered up to 350million euros (£310million) each to join the competition.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have signed up to the breakaway plan with Manchester City the last of Big Six to do so, sources with knowledge of the development have told The Times.

City are believed to be the last of the six English clubs to join. The Premier League leaders, along with Woolwich, Chelsea and Tottenham, are thought to have been reluctant to join but did so because they did not want to miss out.

There would be among 15 permanent founding members and five other clubs, who would qualify on an annual basis. They would be split into two groups of 10 and play between 18 and 23 European matches a season.

The Super League proposals include:

- The 15 founder clubs sharing an initial 3.5billion (£3.1billion) euro “infrastructure grant” ranging from £310million to £89million per club which can be spent on stadiums, training facilities or “to replace lost stadium-related revenues due to Covid-19”.

- The format would see two groups of 10 clubs who play home and away, with the top four from each group going through to two-legged quarter-finals, semi-finals and a one-legged final.

- Matches would be midweek and clubs would still play in domestic leagues

- Clubs would have rights to show four matches a season on their own the digital platforms across the world

- Income from TV and sponsorship would favour the founding clubs: 32.5% of the pot would be shared equally between the 15 clubs, and another 32.5% between all Super League clubs including the five qualifiers

- 20% of the pot would be merit money “distributed in the same manner as the current English Premier League merit-based system” according to where clubs finish in the competition or group if they don’t make the knock-out stage

- The remaining 15% would get a “commercial share based on club awareness”

- A cap of 55% of revenues permitted to be spent on salaries and transfers (net)

- A ‘Financial Sustainability Group’ would monitor clubs’ spending

Kick the fúckers out of all competitions immediately.

15 minutes ago, Strokes said:

That was my first thought too. A contract is pretty watertight though I’d imagine.

I would have thought that any football contract would include get out clauses if a player is prevented by the club for playing for their country.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

I would have thought that any football contract would include get out clauses if a player is prevented by the club for playing for their country.

It’s not technically the club stopping them though, it’s the governing body.

The issue with money is that it might not matter what any fan thinks of this. Or even media outrage. If the international television revenue will see them through the initial "rough patch" of local fans response they know that eventually a lot (maybe not all, but most) will eventually come around. As people have already mentioned Sky and BT sport might be all up-in-arms now but come the time for tv rights they'll be in line like all the rest. They're the ones that in the middle of lock-down where fans couldn't get into games asked ridiculous money for pay-per-view of those games. We live in a world where corporation exploit workers and most will say how bad it is then a few days later buy stuff off Amazon, some pair of trousers for £5 made in some Indian sweatshop thinking what a bargain we've got, go order something through deliveroo. As the money influenced the game it disenfranchised the fans and took it away from them. This is what comes home to roost. 

The good thing is, football isn't dead, it's not going anywhere. Next season we'll all watch City play whoever because we're Leicester fans. I'd just has happily go and support the women's game (something I intend to do more anyway). What is concerning is the trickle down financing to the lower leagues. That's what the PL and FA have to address pretty sharpish. As for this "big six", fk'em, fine them, remove their points and exclude them from all competition going forward. Yeah, well done lads, we've just won the FA cup lol.    

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Because the German league have club ownership done properly, fans basically own 51% of a club and have a majority ownership stake

If only this could happen in England but unfortunately the EPL and especially the "big 6" had had its head shoved well and truly up its own arse for this to ever happen. Personally think the owners of the big 6 should be forced to sell up or face a firing squad. Its the only fair thing to do for the good of football.