Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Could be harsh on contracted players that don’t want too do it.

I don't think the players are to blame and I imagine many of them will have lawyers going over contracts to see if there's a way out. I don't see how contracted players with no option but to play, can or should be punished. If a player now signs for one of these clubs or signs a new contract that's another matter.

• Like 1

I'm tempted to think that this is a ploy as some said for a better CL deal but this threat has been made before and never gone this far. This is real brinkmanship and it could blow up in there face. The quality of football in England will drop somewhat if it happens but I say bring it on. English football is due a revamp and getting rid of these cancerous 'elite' clubs and their owners is the perfect way to do it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Quick glance on the blue moon forum shows their fan base is absolutely devastated by all this. Just madness how quickly this is escalating

Yeah you can slate the big clubs all you like but ultimately this is awful for the hardcore supporters of those clubs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Pretty much. Suspend their status for next year in any of the leagues and competitions. 

Yep, as fans we need to put the willies up any potential broadcaster by threat of absolute boycott if they get involved in this charade. Let the ****ers sleep in their own shitty bed.

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Could be harsh on contracted players that don’t want too do it.

For a lot of South American players playing for their countries is one of the proudest moments of their careers, I imagine a lot of players for these "super league" clubs could kick off about it if they end up not being able to play for their country

• Like 1

Felt terrible for all the fan bases reading through their comments.... then if you go to the Spurs one half the comments are saying it’s a good thing and they are smug about it and just assume they will be allowed back into the league because they are so big. 

entitled scum

• Like 1

On the plus side, at least Spurs will finish bottom of the league every year.

How do they have the nerve to put themselves shoulder to shoulder among Real, Juve and Barca?  They haven't won a title for 60 years.

Maybe there will be a rival super league - Bayern, PSG, Ajax and Watford?

Also can we all just look at how shit the branding for this thing is. 3bn going around and that's the best they could come up with. I mean I could have designed that and I have no creative skills. It's kind of funny that this concept of a 'super league' has been talked about for years and they couldn't be bothered to put any thought into a name so just went with 'The Super League'. 

5 minutes ago, Phube said:

Interesting all the clubs are following the new corporate nature of the s***r league. All posts short non commit; all post with club crest. Nothing individual.

It’s been pointed out the statement Liverpool posted contained nothing at all from the club but did contain a quote from the Glazers at Man U!

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

For a lot of South American players playing for their countries is one of the proudest moments of their careers, I imagine a lot of players for these "super league" clubs could kick off about it if they end up not being able to play for their country

That was my first thought too. A contract is pretty watertight though I’d imagine.

If this was intended as a shot across the bows and a negotiating ploy, it's blown up right in their faces. Every major stakeholder - governments, federations, media and most importantly, the fans, are against this. The fact that the announcement was delayed suggests they were having second thoughts but they were too far in to row back. 

This could inadvertently strengthen the hands of UEFA and domestic associations as they can show they've got all the key parties on their side. 

Even if it did happen, the quality of those sides will stagnate, if not, worsen as teams get stronger through competition and a closed shop will mean they won't be exposed to the latest innovations. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

These clubs can't play any more matches in the premier league. From today onwards surely. How can they? Kick them out now. How can any football fan look these teams in the face? How can their managers do interviews? Puts covidpartygate into perspective. 

Absolute bollocks. Inter & AC Milan are way behind us now. You can add Tottenham and Arsenal to that failing group of shit soulless clubs we’re pulling away from. Barcelona are on the verge of bankruptcy too, and Man United.

They purposely announced it as soon as our FA Cup final position was confirmed. We’ve got the whole football world shook. 

Edited by Master Fox

Brinkmanship or not, for announcing their decision as they have and for spitting in the face of the football authorities, over a century of tradition and on their own fans, they should be kicked out now, whether it goes ahead or not. No CL spots for those cvnts next season even if they have a little rethink, which they will. 

Slap them down hard, NOW, and watch them wriggle like the little worms they are. 

• Like 1