Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

7 minutes ago, noodles said:

you are incorrect IMO,  quite simply without the tv money then we wont be able to keep our better players. We get about 150mill a year because of the tv deal, it wont even be 10% of that without the big 6.

Where are they going? There's going to have to be some serious negotiations in adjusting pay given that drop in club income, but that'll be across the board and will effect the entire game. Unless those break away clubs come into buy them (something they can do previously anyway) then where will they go? I could see that in the first window the power will be on the player (and their agent) if one of the break away clubs are interested in them. But it'll soon readjust. 

This fear of loss of money is kind of what they want. They want people to fear, to see this as some natural state being taken away from them. It's part of their power. But there's nothing to fear. Football in the past did fine without the crazy money that circulates now.

5 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Again I ask what about ticket prices?You can’t devalue a competition by kicking out the main draw and expect to still charge top wack.This would have serious ramifications for the lower leagues who let’s face it are already fecked.

I've started watching the show "24" recently.  There's an often referred to policy of not negotiating with terrorists.  There's a reason for that policy.  Extreme semantics aside, this isn't that far off from what's happening.  They are counting on people thinking the PL needs these 6 clubs.  They don't.  Things may be different without them both short term and long term.  But to admit that 6 clubs control the sport and organization of that sport is something that cannot happen.  There are going to be negative consequences to what's happening regardless at this point.   #snowflakesix

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FoxCal said:

Fofana retweeting these;

I’m assuming retweets to be endorsements of their sentiments, so in a week where he’s been linked with a ‘Super League founder’, it’s good to see he seems uninterested in the entire notion.

Hoping to see a lot of players suggest similar tomorrow.

Wasn't it created by Old Etonians? 

8 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Again I ask what about ticket prices?You can’t devalue a competition by kicking out the main draw and expect to still charge top wack.This would have serious ramifications for the lower leagues who let’s face it are already fecked.

I don't think it would. There will be a lot of football fans going to watch lower league clubs. The timing of this is very deliberate. They have exploited covid. But soon that will be gone and people will want to get back to watching real football matches. The lower leagues (and less fashionable clubs) could benefit massively in terms of crowds. And I can't see that many people paying to watch this shit show (I won't). The market they have identified (china) is very fickle. I can't tell you how much I want them to fail.

8 minutes ago, FoxCal said:

Fofana retweeting these;

I’m assuming retweets to be endorsements of their sentiments, so in a week where he’s been linked with a ‘Super League founder’, it’s good to see he seems uninterested in the entire notion.

Hoping to see a lot of players suggest similar tomorrow.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

Wasn't it created by Old Etonians? 

They were in and around it though I won’t pretend to have an in depth knowledge of football’s inception. They certainly tried to gatekeep in the early days of the FA, at the very least.

Depends how literally you want to take the message. I’d take it more as the game has ultimately been built on the backs of the working class, even if the reality was - and very much still is - the rich being the beneficiaries.

Edited by FoxCal
Typo

2 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

I've started watching the show "24" recently.  There's an often referred to policy of not negotiating with terrorists.  There's a reason for that policy.  Extreme semantics aside, this isn't that far off from what's happening.  They are counting on people thinking the PL needs these 6 clubs.  They don't.  Things may be different without them both short term and long term.  But to admit that 6 clubs control the sport and organization of that sport is something that cannot happen.  There are going to be negative consequences to what's happening regardless at this point.   #snowflakesix

I agree.However we have posters who seem to think that kicking the six out will have little to no negative consequences.I’m more worried about the non league clubs I follow tbh.

30 minutes ago, noodles said:

you are incorrect IMO,  quite simply without the tv money then we wont be able to keep our better players. We get about 150mill a year because of the tv deal, it wont even be 10% of that without the big 6.

We already lose our best players to those clubs anyway. 

What happens is a massive correction in income, but that means a massive correction in outgoings. Wages plummet, but so do transfer fees. You go back to the days of players being in a few grand rather than 100,000 and championship players got a million or two rather than 30 million.

6 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I don't think it would. There will be a lot of football fans going to watch lower league clubs. The timing of this is very deliberate. They have exploited covid. But soon that will be gone and people will want to get back to watching real football matches. The lower leagues (and less fashionable clubs) could benefit massively in terms of crowds. And I can't see that many people paying to watch this shit show (I won't). The market they have identified (china) is very fickle. I can't tell you how much I want them to fail.

I hope this is the case.I’m fearing that after a lot of threats,hot air and bluster, this will go through with a few tweaks and promises of drip down cash,and that in a decade the mid week super league will be part of the furniture.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We already lose our best players to those clubs anyway. 

What happens is a massive correction in income, but that means a massive correction in outgoings. Wages plummet, but so do transfer fees. You go back to the days of players being in a few grand rather than 100,000 and championship players got a million or two rather than 30 million.

Spot on. And it would be no bad thing.