Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

Arsenal and Spurs will love being bottom each season won’t they .

Probably soon try to come running back when they find fans walk away but then

it’s not for the match going support is it ?

All to get the eye of the armchair support across  the world only interested in the “best” who will pay anything to watch.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Arsenal and Spurs will love being bottom each season won’t they .

Probably soon try to come running back when they find fans walk away but then

it’s not for the match going support is it ?

All to get the eye of the armchair support across  the world only interested in the “best” who will pay anything to watch.

They would then get 1st draft pick in the new series though, being the lowest ranked franchises. 

Edited by wardyfox86

Hope the champions league format removes the clause about the 2 of the bigger teams getting a wild card entries now.   

As the ESL will 100% not happen if domestic leagues threaten to kick the teams out too.  

Would be funny for them to end up in a worse position then when they started.  

7 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Hope the champions league format removes the clause about the 2 of the bigger teams getting a wild card entries now.   

As the ESL will 100% not happen if domestic leagues threaten to kick the teams out too.  

Would be funny for them to end up in a worse position then when they started.  

You have way more faith in the football authorities than 99.9% of the rest of us ...

turkeys don’t vote for Xmas ... money talks and the big clubs generate the vast majority of the money - the rest of us are riding on their coat tails and their owners have decided they aren’t prepared to fund that any longer - they’ve bought the club to generate vast profits for them and they want those profits ....

it’s anathema to the very principles of competitive sport but then again, when did principles matter when it came to money ??????

Uefa could make a statement today that any players contacted to these clubs will not be qualified to play in this summer’s euros unless these clubs withdraw their intention and agree to sign up to the new CL format.

anyone expect them to do that ??

nah, me neither .... remember those turkeys .....

OK, we’ve heard the indignation and anger from the fans and the ex-players.

Now let’s see where the current managers and high-profile players of these clubs stand. Or have the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, Messi and Ronaldo been contractually gagged?

This obscene monster needs to be strangled at birth. Those are the people who are best placed to do it. If they unite in their disapproval, through their established organisations and unions, the ‘money men’ will have little or no foundation for this vile, preposterous, heartless project.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Uefa could make a statement today that any players contacted to these clubs will not be qualified to play in this summer’s euros unless these clubs withdraw their intention and agree to sign up to the new CL format.

anyone expect them to do that ??

nah, me neither .... remember those turkeys .....

They did so last night to be fair. Whether the threat is carried out is another thing though.

We’ve got to the stage where clubs are making up human beings in the PR war.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bovril said:

The PL is essentially a closed shop. There is no 'meritocracy', the clubs with the richest backers win. 

It suppose it may be ‘essentially a closed shop’ if you have literally no understanding of what the phrase ‘closed shop’ actually means.

I know those Burnley v Eibar memes are meant to be taken lightheartedly however it did make me think what you would be left with and honestly **** that breakaway league, any potential CL would still have the below which has a damn sight more leading European clubs than Spurs, Man City and Arsenal 

Bayern Munich

Dortmund

Roma

Napoli

PSG

Lyon

Benfica

Porto

Ajax

PSV

Celtic

Rangers

Valencia

Sevilla

Plus all the Eastern European sides and whoever qualifies from our league  

So it wouldn’t exactly be as bad as some people are making out 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Rumour has it Klopp will walk away

Interesting if so. 

Apart from being a moany cvnt, he does generally have some sensibility about him when it comes to being on the fans' sides. I'd love to hear his thoughts about what his owners have agreed to. 

Kicking them out is best for everyone imo. 

They can then go away and wank each other off every year only playing each other in the likes of Beijing at 1 am. 

These great players they make out everyone wants to see play each other every week in this shit league will leave anyway because they all wanna play international football. The masses won't support the super league. They'll stick with the best players. Thats the draw. Not the clubs pandering to the plastics they're trying to milk dry. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

As much as I’d love for them all to be booted out the league for a year or two. There’s no way it happens. The premier league relies on those teams to bring in the money, without them the revenues are significantly lower. If these plans go ahead, football as we know it is dead.

This feel more than the normal " we want more pie" complaints from the trad clubs, so the only question now is who blinks first.

I would say that these trad clubs have been almost wholly responsible for increasing player power, so use player power against them

Can’t beat us on the pitch so they have to bully us off it. Viva la revolution. **** them off and don’t let the door hit them on the way out. 

I ****ing hate them, every single one of them. Absolute scum bastards. 

I love the fact that not only Spurs one of the 6 getting hounded joining for the money, they're getting hounded as well because no-one can understand how they were invited to this Super League as they really have won feck all for a long time... 

• Haha 1

If and it’s a big if, they do decide to penalise the clubs that join the “Not So Super League”, then it’s going to impact the domestic revenue in the short term. 

However, in the long term it will adjust without them. 

This might mean that players are paid less, streaming / watching becomes cheaper etc. 

Certain clubs have always had more money and influence than others. This is a power grab by the 12 as they struggle financially to try and stay elite. It’s a flip of a coin which side could go down in flames if I’m honest. 

If the UEFA, FA and the Premier League kicked the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea or Manchester City out of all competitions, can you see the “trophy chasing” / “glory hunter” fan base still supporting them when they don’t win anything? They’d transition to the others. 

If this goes ahead, I wonder if it alters what the likes of Everton do with the new stadium, or the Saudi Arabian family purchasing Newcastle United view as good value. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Manini said:

Can’t beat us on the pitch so they have to bully us off it. Viva la revolution. **** them off and don’t let the door hit them on the way out. 

I ****ing hate them, every single one of them. Absolute scum bastards. 

Perfect comment really. 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I love the fact that not only Spurs one of the 6 getting hounded joining for the money, they're getting hounded as well because no-one can understand how they were invited to this Super League as they really have won feck all for a long time... 

It is literally the worst idea ever, but that fact that Spurs are somehow involved gives it a small dose of comedy value!