Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (A) Sun 11/04/21 @ 14:05

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Long overdue a penalty, we are.

Yeah, probably be awarded one, then miss it like the last time we had a penalty at West Ham. Luckily, we still went on to win, so I'd take that scenario.

Edited by MGLCFC

5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yeah, probably be awarded one, then miss it like the last time we had a penalty at West Ham. Luckily, we still went on to win, so I'd take that scenario.

Or like the home game last season in a 4-1 win

Rice is out, Antonio is out and Ogbonna has only returned to training this week after 4 weeks out so should be doubtful.  Those three are the spine of their team and were great when we played them in October, but West Ham are a different beast without them.  Not an easy game by any stretch and Lingard will definitely score, so could do with Iheanacho continuing his form and Vardy finding his.

38 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Rice is out, Antonio is out and Ogbonna has only returned to training this week after 4 weeks out so should be doubtful.  Those three are the spine of their team and were great when we played them in October, but West Ham are a different beast without them.  Not an easy game by any stretch and Lingard will definitely score, so could do with Iheanacho continuing his form and Vardy finding his.

Is Antonio confirmed out? What about Lingard? He was stretching the hammy at the end of the Wolves game.

18 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Is Antonio confirmed out? What about Lingard? He was stretching the hammy at the end of the Wolves game.

It looks as though Antonio may be out for the rest of the season. 

Nervous about this one already - We need to dominate the ball and keep the back door closed this time. 

9 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

It looks as though Antonio may be out for the rest of the season. 

Nervous about this one already - We need to dominate the ball and keep the back door closed this time. 

I'll pass that information onto Aubamayang.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think Lingard will be fine unfortunately, haven't heard anything about him so I'll take no news as bad news.

51 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Absolutely must restrict the number of corners and free kicks around our box that we concede.  That's a key route to goal for them; they have the most goals from set pieces in the league. 

Craig bloody Dawson incoming...

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Their tactics at our place were very effective 

This. I thought they totally out-thought us. Made us look incredibly ordinary. We’ve looked short of ideas in several games this season, but maybe none more so than this. A point would be good. A win would be immense. 

Last game our defence had a shocker and made Antonio look like CR7!

We are technically a much better team but they are a lot more physical. They will try and bully us but we have to hope our quality shines through. As long as our defenders don’t play as bad as last time then I fancy out chances.

• Like 1

Ndidi is integral to this game, with him in there we likely win the midfield battle and that was what was evidently missing in the home game. No Soyuncu isn't great for set pieces but I'm quietly confident we can get a result there. Bowen was unreal vs us in that home game, he'll likely be Antonio's replacement if he is out.

What a game this is, nothing but respect for what they are doing this season but we need the result so bollocks to um.

• Like 2

I wonder if the the lack of fans has been a blessing for West Ham as I remember hearing of a very negative atmosphere at their place. 

As for the game, you'd have to say a draw wouldn't be the end of the world, obviously we should be going for the win but a point a piece means one more game down without inflicting major damage to the table. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I wonder if the the lack of fans has been a blessing for West Ham as I remember hearing of a very negative atmosphere at their place. 

As for the game, you'd have to say a draw wouldn't be the end of the world, obviously we should be going for the win but a point a piece means one more game down without inflicting major damage to the table. 

100% West Ham have benefited most from having no fans at home games.  Atmosphere always seems toxic.

18 minutes ago, nnfox said:

100% West Ham have benefited most from having no fans at home games.  Atmosphere always seems toxic.

Newcastle as well. They are rubbish anyway so not sure if it'll make a massive difference with no fans but I couldn't believe the amount of hate emanating from the stands on a few games I attended. It is the polar opposite of our love for our owners, it couldn't be further apart.