Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (A) Sun 11/04/21 @ 14:05

Just now, jerry said:

Personally  I don't give a fu.. for qualifying for a tournament coming fourth . All about the money and thats what has spoilt the game , obscene wages and transfer fees sadly we have lost a sense of perspective.

The genie is out of the bottle ........and it’s only gonna get worse .....probably at our expense which makes qualification all the more important this season ....

23 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Should we make a final, surely we have more chance of beating Man city in a final (should they make it) than a relegated Wigan team did?

Manchester City are a slightly different proposition now than  when Wigan beat them!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Manchester City are a slightly different proposition now than  when Wigan beat them!

I know Saturday proved that 1st against a top 5 team over the last 18 months an it was men against boys, I do think the Quadruple will be over for them by that point when they go out to either Bayern or PSG in the semis tho.

2 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

West Ham are a big, solid, well organized team but we are a class above. We've been in the top 4 for the best part of two years, while West Ham have just made it for the first time. Time for us to put up or shut up!

Games like this you just hope the class lads we have like maddison + tielemans really grab by the stuff of the neck and show everyone how good they really are. 

The weeks rest will see us back to our best. Plenty of players looked leggy against Man City with the ridiculous International games some of them played, exaggerated by the fact we were playing the best team in the world.  I think we will be back to the level that battered Man Utd in the cup. 

• Like 2

West Ham have impressed me this season, they play a very efficient and at times devastating style of play but I'm rather pinning my hopes on their inexperience at being in the top 4 come the business end of the season and shitting it, like we did last season.

Their defence is there to be got at. Antonio is the one player I hate when we have to play against, Lingard loves a goal against us too but it's Antonio who bothers me.

13 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

West Ham are a big, solid, well organized team but we are a class above. We've been in the top 4 for the best part of two years, while West Ham have just made it for the first time. Time for us to put up or shut up!

Absolutely, but if we don't approach it in the right way and just sit back hoping just not to lose then we'll deserve what we get. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

West Ham have impressed me this season, they play a very efficient and at times devastating style of play but I'm rather pinning my hopes on their inexperience at being in the top 4 come the business end of the season and shitting it, like we did last season.

Their defence is there to be got at. Antonio is the one player I hate when we have to play against, Lingard loves a goal against us too but it's Antonio who bothers me.

Potentially both out for our game? I think we’ve got this. Five games to finish the season, I’m confident we will beat these.....

31 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

They looked a class above at our place this season. 

Wolves not doing us a favour has made this a massive, and season-defining game for both sides.

After witnessing us being dominated for 90mins by Manchester City, its taken the fragile belief out of my sails. Should be so confident to get a result but the demons of last season linger on, and I cannot shake that off. Just cannot see anything but a defeat and another collapse.

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Lingard bound to score if fit. Just off the very top of my head I can think of 3 goals hes scored v us there must be more

Community shield 

Last year home v utd last game 

Brighton at home losing 4-1 

For anyone that remotely cares about my memory 

We could lose at West Ham and Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs could also all lose so it wouldn't be as much of a disaster weekend.

Remember March 2016?

We "only" drew at home to WBA and we were written off. "If you can't beat them at home..." etc

Following night, the three closest rivals all lost so we were actually a point better off.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The_77 said:

They looked a class above at our place this season. 

As I said, they are a big, solid, well organized team and they caught us on an off day. Fair play to them. They deserved to win on the day. But one-off games are not a reliable indicator of which is the better team. Any team is capable of beating any other on a given day in the Premier League but over a season class will tell. I would argue that our record over the last two seasons suggests we are better than West Ham. A win at the weekend would further underline that claim and it would go a long way towards cementing our position in the top 4. Wouldn't you agree?