Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (A) Sun 11/04/21 @ 14:05

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I’d go for a midfield diamond in this, Maddison behind the 2 strikers Praet and Tielemans either side of Wilf

if Caglar is unavailable which is likely that formation at least gets our best players on the pitch.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SixtiesFox said:

As I said, they are a big, solid, well organized team and they caught us on an off day. Fair play to them. They deserved to win on the day. But one-off games are not a reliable indicator of which is the better team. Any team is capable of beating any other on a given day in the Premier League but over a season class will tell. I would argue that our record over the last two seasons suggests we are better than West Ham. A win at the weekend would further underline that claim and it would go a long way towards cementing our position in the top 4. Wouldn't you agree?

I’d say West Ham’s project is a bit behind ours but that there isn’t a giant gulf between the two sides; they are a quality team this season. A win this weekend would be massive, no doubt about that, but I think it’s too early to tell what that does for our long-term status. 

10 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Should we make a final, surely we have more chance of beating Man city in a final (should they make it) than a relegated Wigan team did?

Hi, sorry, I think you missed this, but Leicester City and Manchester City already received their bye's into the 2021 FA Cup final.

The semi final's were decided by their football forum's optimism, arrogance and rep points. 

It is a City vs City lockout. 

People already have tickets and everything, yeah it's an actual thing. 

Due to the way things have worked out and the run Westham are on, this is the most important game of the season if we lose this or even draw it will leave us with a hell of a lot of work to be done to achieve top 4..

We need to get atleast 12 points from our next 4 games while taking 3 of those from Westham

Going to be one of those nervous games. I dont think top 4 is decided whether we win, lose or draw. However, a defeat adds pressure especially if Liverpool win (i think they'll be 4 points behind us). If we win, it sets us up nicely for the next four games which, on paper are definitely winnable. 

8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I’d go for a midfield diamond in this, Maddison behind the 2 strikers Praet and Tielemans either side of Wilf

I was thinking exactly the same or stick with 3 at the back and sit back for the first half hour and hope they don’t score but knacker themselves out trying lol

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Lingard and Soucek are OK but Antonio is being assessed for another hamstring strain. 

I'd much rather all 3 were out for this game.

Rice is already confirmed as missing isn't he?

Hoping Antonio misses the game tbh. Out of all West Hams players I think its him I'm most wary of.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Ironic that we play West Ham in a pivotal game on 11th of April, reminds me of another West Ham game on the 17th of April 2016.

It ended 2-2 and seemed like the end of the world, dropped points, star striker suspended for 3 games, just remember whatever the result on Sunday, its not the end of the story....... 

Still doesn't stop me hating Moss

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Due to the way things have worked out and the run Westham are on, this is the most important game of the season if we lose this or even draw it will leave us with a hell of a lot of work to be done to achieve top 4..

We need to get atleast 12 points from our next 4 games while taking 3 of those from Westham

At least 12 from our next 4, be a bit hard to get any more!

Truth is 12 from our last 8 games will make it very difficult for the rest of the league to catch us.

• Like 1

Sorry but if we don't win this we don't deserve to be in the Champions League. A game away against a team in great form trying to be where we are. This is a game where a proper side asks "what have you got on us?" and not only gets a result but puts in a performance that really gives West Ham a footballing lesson. Big, big mental test for our lads come Sunday.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Sorry but if we don't win this we don't deserve to be in the Champions League. A game away against a team in great form trying to be where we are. This is a game where a proper side asks "what have you got on us?" and not only gets a result but puts in a performance that really gives West Ham a footballing lesson. Big, big mental test for our lads come Sunday.

It’s 11.30am on a Tuesday and you’re hammered mate 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, foxfan92 said:

Still doesn't stop me hating Moss

It's taken time and therapy, but I am now free from irrational hatred of Jon Moss.

He was probably right on all the big decisions that day. It didn't feel like it then, nor for some months after, but I'm reconciled to that now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1