Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (A) Sun 11/04/21 @ 14:05

8 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

It's taken time and therapy, but I am now free from irrational hatred of Jon Moss.

He was probably right on all the big decisions that day. It didn't feel like it then, nor for some months after, but I'm reconciled to that now.

It wasn't irrational. The bloke was out to make a name for himself or let the occasion get to him. Either way given what was at stake there's nothing irrational about it.

They seem to concede a lot of goals late in the game. We tend to score most of our goals in the 2nd half. Stay in the game for 60 mins and then beat boss the last 30 mins. 

We are better away from home but they are strong at home... Its going to be a tough but should be a good game. 

Would take a draw but I think we can go there and win. 

• Like 1

More to gain here than lose.

Win and we go 7pts clear of West Ham with 7 to play which should put them to bed as far as we're concerned. It also sets us up nicely with 3 more points in the bag going into our next four games which we expect to yield a lot of points.

Lose and we're still a point ahead of West Ham and we're now still well positioned but in a proper dog fight for 3rd and 4th place with Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham and Tottenham. It also means we'll almost certainly need a few points from our last three games rather than coasting at that point.

Massive season defining game coming up for both clubs this Sunday.

• Like 4

Yeh agree with Gerard. Too much is riding on this game so it has to be a MUST win. Hearing news today that Antonia is likely out with hammy issues is great news also as he's a proper threat and we don't have Cags to man mark him. Fofana can do it but its asking a lot of our young man. Hammers still are dangerous and if we give them even an inch of space they will exploit it. We can't be allowing lyndicakes a free run like wolves did that is just suicide not sure what the hell wolves players were scared of not one of them putting a block in FFS. Anyway, take him out of the game and frustrate them while hitting them back with our own weapons. Like I said before we sure could use Barnes and JJ for this game as it would give their full backs nightmares. We can win this game but it will be hard fought down to the last minute. We need a Brendan masterclass setup for this one please.  

• Like 1

West Ham are very decent, but we're a better side imo. 

Doubt we'll defend like wolves, as they were an utter shambles in that 1st half, yet they still had some very good opportunities at the other end. 

Plenty to respect but nothing to fear🦊💙

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Doubt we'll defend like wolves, as they were an utter shambles in that 1st half, yet they still had some very good opportunities at the other end. 

That's the spirit!

7 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

This weekend will tell, if we are better.....!!

I actually Think Moyse & WH players have done a Great job this season....IMO We are Evenly matched...

What Brendan will probably play:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Amartey Evans Fofana Castagne 

Ndidi Tielemans

Maddison

Iheanacho Vardy

What I wish he'd play:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Fofana Evans Castagne

Ndidi Tielemans 

Praet Perez Maddison

Vardy

I know Iheanacho is everyone's favorite player right now, and that Vardy is in a drought, but this game is vital. Iheanacho is a luxury #10 we simply cannot afford in games against elite competition. The 3-4-1-2 against West Ham will make us very susceptible to counter attacks. Man City's second goal is the blueprint to how West Ham will look to beat us. 

If we go back to the 4-2-3-1, particularly with Praet and Maddison as "wingers," we will completely dominate the midfield. If we lose possession, West Ham will have 5 central midfielders to get through. West Ham will need to build possession slowly down the wings and overload us with numbers out wide. Doing so will make themselves susceptible to Leicester counter attacks through the middle or over the top to Vardy.

Without Iheanacho as his partner, Vardy will be forced into the mindset of scoring goals, which may very well be the best thing to get him out of his rut. 

Edited by Detroit Blues

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Literally asking for at least 1 dodgy decision with that combo

Just depends on which team they want to screw over more

Accch come on..!!!  2 negatives make a positive..innit.!!!

Quite relaxed about this.  Win, lose or draw, we are still 3rd.  When you look at the table, it very much looks like a bunch of teams battling for 4th spot.  West Ham would settle for a draw against us.  Their big game is the Chelsea game.  The team that loses that will have a mountain to climb.

I'm still looking up and want to finish 2nd.  May 11th at Old Trafford could be our season defining game.

5 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Quite relaxed about this.  Win, lose or draw, we are still 3rd.  When you look at the table, it very much looks like a bunch of teams battling for 4th spot.  West Ham would settle for a draw against us.  Their big game is the Chelsea game.  The team that loses that will have a mountain to climb.

I'm still looking up and want to finish 2nd.  May 11th at Old Trafford could be our season defining game.

I find it nonsensical people who put more value on 2nd at the risk of finishing 5th than being happy to be 3rd or 4th.

The options aren't mutually exclusive but risk/reward is obvious.

Will you be cheering on Tottenham versus Man United on Sunday?

10 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Quite relaxed about this.  Win, lose or draw, we are still 3rd.  When you look at the table, it very much looks like a bunch of teams battling for 4th spot.

That's how ESPN now see it.

1323972446_ESPN4thSpot.JPG.20b8467b7a1336cb2f6443d974d87112.JPG

30 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I find it nonsensical people who put more value on 2nd at the risk of finishing 5th than being happy to be 3rd or 4th.

The options aren't mutually exclusive but risk/reward is obvious.

Will you be cheering on Tottenham versus Man United on Sunday?

Our fate is in our hands.  I'd love to see all the teams around us lose, but it isn't going to happen.  Some weeks will be better than others.

Personally I'm more excited about chasing Utd down over the next 8 games and would rather do that then be sat praying that Crystal Palace might somehow get a result against Chelsea.

There is no more risk in trying to finish 2nd, in fact the nervousness around trying to cling to 4th is more risky.  If Spurs do beat Utd at the weekend, guess what? If we get 4 wins between now and the end of the season, Spurs will still probably have to go undefeated and even then might not catch us. And if we catch Utd, then for us to fall out of the top 4 it would take three teams going on unbelievable runs between now and the end of the season.

Aim for 2nd and be happy with 3rd.  Don't aim for 4th and complain about bottling it when we finish 5th.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Our fate is in our hands.  I'd love to see all the teams around us lose, but it isn't going to happen.  Some weeks will be better than others.

Personally I'm more excited about chasing Utd down over the next 8 games and would rather do that then be sat praying that Crystal Palace might somehow get a result against Chelsea.

There is no more risk in trying to finish 2nd, in fact the nervousness around trying to cling to 4th is more risky.  If Spurs do beat Utd at the weekend, guess what? If we get 4 wins between now and the end of the season, Spurs will still probably have to go undefeated and even then might not catch us. And if we catch Utd, then for us to fall out of the top 4 it would take three teams going on unbelievable runs between now and the end of the season.

Aim for 2nd and be happy with 3rd.  Don't aim for 4th and complain about bottling it when we finish 5th.

You just need to take one game at a time and see where you end up, it isn't necessarily a case of aiming for anything.

I'd much rather see Man Utd finish with 75pts and Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham all finish with 64 pts rather than all four of those teams finishing on 69pts. Would you not agree?

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

More to gain here than lose.

Win and we go 7pts clear of West Ham with 7 to play which should put them to bed as far as we're concerned. It also sets us up nicely with 3 more points in the bag going into our next four games which we expect to yield a lot of points.

Lose and we're still a point ahead of West Ham and we're now still well positioned but in a proper dog fight for 3rd and 4th place with Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham and Tottenham. It also means we'll almost certainly need a few points from our last three games rather than coasting at that point.

Massive season defining game coming up for both clubs this Sunday.

My sentiments. Win this and I think we will comfortably finish 3rd. Lose, and it could be last season all over again. 

• Like 1