Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (A) Sun 11/04/21 @ 14:05

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Declan Rice out for a few weeks at least.

I don't personally rate him but he does seem to work for West Ham. Could be a key miss for them this weekend!

Yes I agree . Another one in the same mould as Dier , Mount etc with zero credentials as an international footballer who are ever presents for Southgate . 

He has had a good season this year though and is a crucial component of the way W Ham play so if he is unavailable that will balance the loss of Cags to a certain extent 

Think top 4 pretty much rests on this one. Psychologically if we lose the pressure will be huge.  

Liverpools fixtures are very kind, Chelseas are about the same. Won’t feel confident without a 9 point gap coming into the last 3 

8 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

I think Inter Milan currently play a 3/5 atb with 2 up top, and they’re not doing too badly in fairness. And I think Real Madrid have played with a back 3 at times this season as well. Not sure I can think of many others off the top of my head.

Edit: Actually Atalanta are another that play 3/5 atb 

And Atleti play 3-4-3 too with both of the wing backs being traditional full back players, so that’s two of the four big 4 league leaders using a system which has 3 atb 

22 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Think top 4 pretty much rests on this one. Psychologically if we lose the pressure will be huge.  

Liverpools fixtures are very kind, Chelseas are about the same. Won’t feel confident without a 9 point gap coming into the last 3 

Sort of feel it's a mustn't lose game, rather than a must win game, particularly if West Ham drop points tonight. There are 4 very winnable games coming up in the league after this one and then potentially 3 difficult ones, although I'm hoping Man U have secured a Champions League place when we meet , Chelsea are still in the Champions League when we play them and Spurs have nothing to play for on the last day. I'm still hopeful of 5 wins, 2 draws and one defeat, however if we roll over like we did last year it could be the other way round.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Chelsea have a tough run in?

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Chelsea have a tough run in?

About the same level of games as us. 

they still play west ham, arsenal , ourselves and man city. 

compared to us having them, west ham, united and Spurs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

About the same level of games as us. 

they still play west ham, arsenal , ourselves and man city. 

compared to us having them, west ham, united and Spurs. 

Sorry I'd read it that Chelsea had a similar easy run in to Liverpool. 

The more I look at it, regardless of Liverpool's oponents they were always the most capable of clawing back a load of points as the majority of this team have been used to winning 10+ games on the spin for the last few seasons. Every other team below us would have to go on a run they've seldom ever gone on to really put us in trouble.

if we wanted to play our best available 11 (for me) the solution would need to be 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 diamond

Kasper

Castagne

Fofana

Evans

Ricardo

Ndidi

Tielmans

Maddison

Perez

Vardy

Nacho

with Praet able to come on for either Maddison or Perez, Perez for Albrighton another option also

Rice out and maybe the subbed Antonio is great news for us. Whilst we don't need to worry about the others and concentrate on our own game, it is helpful when important players are out. I`d still fancy Fofana v Lingard and Cags v Antonio, but if Cags is missing, I`d be worried about Amartey against them down our right hand side.

On 04/04/2021 at 18:08, weller54 said:

I honestly cannot see any plan working towards beating Manchester City in the final (if we get there)... they're superior to us in every position and their squad is ridiculous!!

Should we make a final, surely we have more chance of beating Man city in a final (should they make it) than a relegated Wigan team did?

Personally  I don't give a fu.. for qualifying for a tournament coming fourth . All about the money and thats what has spoilt the game , obscene wages and transfer fees sadly we have lost a sense of perspective.