Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

If you had to choose...

9 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Not quite half a century is it? 2000 was the last cup final we played in.

First Cup final for more than two decades then. Or do I literally have to spell out that I meant the Football Association Challenge Cup?

• Haha 2

This Team has Now reached a point, where its earnt .. "The due respect". From its so called fans....

We are going to get results from both games, we look the Devil in the eye ,turn our backs on nonsense choices...Bit

Grasp both challenges by the balls...and Spit past fate in the eye....Time to Act as fans who believe & support our arrogant Quest

to compete on all fronts available & Trust what we have achieved thus so far this season......

I see no reason Why we wont be Celebrating a Final & Top 3 position come end of May.....

In 2 Sundays time we will know more...at least prepared to fight another day....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tickler28 said:

See call me crazy but based on the fact we will inevitably lose to Man City should we make the final.....I'm going for a win tomorrow 

You're always so infectiously positive, aren't you... 🙄

Heart says next sunday as ive never seen us in an f.a cup final but i think playing the semis at wembley kind of takes some shine off it . 

Head says a win against west ham would be totally vital due to the run in of games we have and a spot in the champs league would be better . 

an f.a cup win would not bring in much cash which is vital for progression of the team especially with coronovirus damaging finances all over , progressing to the champs league would bring in some serious cash which can be used to stabilise finances and also invest in some more talent for brendan to bring on . 

if you ask it in a different way would the answer be different i wonder :- based on the fact investment is need next season to progress would you rather 

win the f.a cup and miss out on champs league and have to sell say ndidi and soyenchu 

or 

keep both and get champs league football but lose to southampton ?

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The sad thing is this is the one FA Cup ever you couldn't really tell the grandkids a great deal about.

Probably also not going to tell the grandkids about West Ham away at an empty London Stadium, especially if it doesn’t lead to locking up the Champions League spot. :P

Just now, The_77 said:

Probably also not going to tell the grandkids about West Ham away at an empty London Stadium, especially if it doesn’t lead to locking up the Champions League spot. :P

Oh absolutely, although to be honest West Ham is one away I'm not too upset to miss lol it's beyond awful.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tickler28 said:

See call me crazy but based on the fact we will inevitably lose to Man City should we make the final.....I'm going for a win tomorrow 

We’ve literally already beaten them this season, how can you think like this?!

Forfeiting an FA cup final to win a match that isn’t even make or break!!

I want to see my team walk out in a fa cup final, even though we cannot go.

I’ve waited all my life for this, when I was a kid my first memory of a cup final was Arsenal v Man Utd, amazing game, and the build up made it extra special.

I would love CL, and with our brilliant Chairman’s input and moving the club forward, we will get other chances over the years, but the fa cup is a once in a lifetime.

Edited by dayday

Although it's a tough one to call, for me as well as many others, so I'm not excluding myself from the following statement, it goes to show the state of modern football that were choosing effectively choosing between finishing 3rd or 4th and winning nothing and potentially having a shot at winning a trophy. 

We're that concerned with finishing in the top 4 and the financial gains of doing so that we can't decide if that's better or not than having a go at winning our 1st FA Cup in the clubs history. 

Both games are "must win" games but if I was to choose a win in one at the expense of the other, I'm not sure that I could. 

Of course there are many variables to the question, lose today and win next week, we could then go on to win all of our remaining games, FA Cup final included. 

Taking last season into account, if we lose today it's going to spark memories of what happened in the run in last summer, and the nerves could, and probably would get the better of us. If we didn't have the last 3 games that we have, it'd probably be an easier choice. 

But I can't give up an FA Cup final appearance, I've seen many things in my lifetime as a Leicester fan, I've been to Wembley 6 times, and although we probably won't get the chance to be there, I can't categorically say I'd want us to miss out on that occasion if it meant we finished top 4.

Today followed by a fourth place finish.

Finish in the top four will do far more for the development of this club than winning the FA cup. We can make a more serious approach to the FA cup when we have a deeper squad, but we won’t achieve this without CL football and everything that comes with it. I’m not really nostalgic about the FA cup, I would rather we go for something that will progress is as a club significantly, which CL football will. Next weekend is just a bonus in what has been so far, an excellent season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shen said:

What a terrible attitude...

It's not an attitude, its an opinion on football. 

I won't apologise for using previous experience of our performances under presssure to form an opinion on what might happen in similar circumstances in the future. 

Lose today and the gap is tiny. At least one team not currently in the top 4 will have a run, most likely Liverpool. 

If we win then great, obviously, but if we lose then the above applies