Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

If you had to choose...

12 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

See call me crazy but based on the fact we will inevitably lose to Man City should we make the final.....I'm going for a win tomorrow 

So you're giving up an FA Cup final because you think we might lose it? Why don't we just withdraw from football then? Wonder if Wigan thought that. Also, you're amusing Chelsea won't beat Manchester City in the other semi?

Also if we can't beat Manchester City, in a one off final, then we ain't gonna do much in Europe.

• Like 3

I'd put more value on a SF FA Cup win if the other tie wasn't Man City vs Chelsea. If it was Everton vs Sheffield Utd instead then I'd be more up for it.

We can certainly win the FA Cup but I'd rather beat West Ham tomorrow than Southampton next week.

Crap question anyway as they aren't mutually exclusive and we could easily win both or lose both.

1 hour ago, tickler28 said:

See call me crazy but based on the fact we will inevitably lose to Man City should we make the final.....I'm going for a win tomorrow 

Bit defeatest.

They just lost at home to Leeds who were down to ten men.

lose next Sunday and we certainly won’t even have a chance...

I can’t believe the answers to this question.

We can lose tomorrow and still qualify for the Champions League. We can’t lose next Sunday and still win the FA Cup.

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I can’t believe the answers to this question.

We can lose tomorrow and still qualify for the Champions League. We can’t lose next Sunday and still win the FA Cup.

We can't then accuse the club of lacking ambition to win trophies if we'd prefer to lose semi-finals, too.

To be honest rather a win next sunday, we lose tomorrow we at least have seven games to turn it round plus we can win tomorrow and still not finish top four. I'd much rather take a chance of going to a cup final than waiting around for a top four finish. Be painful to end the season in the semis of the fa cup and finish outside the top four. Winning the fa cup and finishing outside the top four, would be slightly disappointing but at least we have a cup to add to our records.

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Win a routine league game or make our first Cup final for more than half a century. Hmmmm, tough one ennit... :rolleyes:

But Voll, that sweet money, that ability to laud our turnover over other clubs if we get into the UCL. 

Surely that means more than winning a trophy that our father, grandfather's and great grandfathers have wanted to see us win over the last century??

I'm not entirely sure why anyone who would sacrifice next week wanted us to enter the FA Cup in the first place, but as I said the last time we had this debate I'll gladly take your cup final ticket off you and give it to someone who actually wants us to see us win a trophy.

• Like 1