Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Mentality issue

I’ve just said the same thing in my post ( on the post match forum ) it’s how it affects you mentally, I don’t think the 3 players misbehaving will of helped things either, we could of done with Maddison out there today ( great player , arrogant thou in my opinion ( he got banged up town in his first season at Leicester ) for disrespecting my friends girlfriend , who only wanted a photograph with him , anyway the team IMO have to ask themselves how much they want champions league football next season, get out there and make it happen, anything worth having is worth fighting for 

2 minutes ago, copunk said:

Brendan is not to blame at all for today, set up all week for a team which you would imagine featured at least Maddison, then to be let down by 3 prats who knew that they would get caught, completely changes his tactics, thing is it was a game made for Maddison today which is what has dissapointed me the most 

BR could at least try and adopt a positive approach from the team he selects ?

That was a real negative formation with no willingness anywhere to press the opposition today.. We deserved all we got..

Just now, Rigga said:

BR could at least try and adopt a positive approach from the team he selects ?

That was a real negative formation with no willingness anywhere to press the opposition today.. We deserved all we got..

Whilst I agree to a certain extent, he had to quickly find a solution to a big problem that was enforced on him by the 3 named players, sounds crazy but before the first goal I would say we shaded the opening exchanges, then before you know it we capitulate and gift them, you could argue, all 3 goals, thats not Brendans fault, I agree that we shouldnt have started with a back 5 but it wasnt going too bad until Lingard popped in the first 

8 minutes ago, Big Blue Maff said:

I’ve just said the same thing in my post ( on the post match forum ) it’s how it affects you mentally, I don’t think the 3 players misbehaving will of helped things either, we could of done with Maddison out there today ( great player , arrogant thou in my opinion ( he got banged up town in his first season at Leicester ) for disrespecting my friends girlfriend , who only wanted a photograph with him , anyway the team IMO have to ask themselves how much they want champions league football next season, get out there and make it happen, anything worth having is worth fighting for 

Only found this out today about his escapades on a night out, is this common knowledge? 

44 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

You should instead question the mentality of three idiots who threw the preparation for this incredibly important game out the window.

This! Totally ignored their managers specific instructions and let the whole team down!

41 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A side with mentality issue doesn't nearly come back from 3 goals down in the fashion we did. 

It could be better, but I don't think it's as bad as is being made out. 

A side with mentality issue doesn't recover from last seasons epic collapse and play like we have done up to now this season. A side with mentality issue collapses even more and doesn't stay in top 4 all season and get to an FA Cup semi final. 

This! I think the party idiots threw it all away today and messed up all the preparations for this game. Their mentality should be questioned not the whole team.

It’s common knowledge in my circle of friends yes ( we love Leicester city) and in no way would ever disrespect our team , that’s why we wouldn’t publicise it to all and sundry but after how he’s let us down today , why not ? Players are only human beings just like us , take the praise when your on top , take the Cristism when you fail , and he ( Maddison has let us down today , as IMO he’d of been a starter today 100% , James grow up mate your a footballer not a movie star 

There is nothing wrong with Rodgers mentality. He has done amazingly well wherever he has gone. Had he not been sacked at Liverpool and given the funds Klopp got, he would have won the league earlier IMO.

Today the players just weren't at it. It wasnt one player but most. A coach can only do so much and he will always look like a star once the players carry our the orders. However, if anyone is suggesting that his mentality led to some of that shocking defending then they need there heads tested,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, copunk said:

Whilst I agree to a certain extent, he had to quickly find a solution to a big problem that was enforced on him by the 3 named players, sounds crazy but before the first goal I would say we shaded the opening exchanges, then before you know it we capitulate and gift them, you could argue, all 3 goals, thats not Brendans fault, I agree that we shouldnt have started with a back 5 but it wasnt going too bad until Lingard popped in the first 

I thought it was dull as up until they scored...passing around at the back and going nowhere with possession..

when they had the ball we dropped off and invited them onto us.

they took advantage of our negative approach ..

time after time in his FT assessment BR mentions our slow starts...yet they are never addressed..

52 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I like the manager's mentality in axing the players. No nonsense.

"But don't worry, you'll be back and available in next week" ;)

Yes, yes, I know what else can he do, we need all the players due to a small squad.

I'm not criticising him just there seems to be no way of punishing what they've done, a real finger up to fans and everyone really.

On the naughty step, an insignificant fine given what they earn and have in the bank and forget about it.

Edited by Matt

I have read alot of research on mindfulness in sport...  how players are distracted by thoughts of previous failure or of the importance of a result.  These thoughts distract  from the current task... pass shot tackles or run.

Within a game a player who messes up in the first minute can  continue to be effected.

The practice of minfulness allows players to set aside thoughts that are not helpful. 

I honestly think Brendan should introduce this.  I have some research that shows sportsmen make better decisions are are quicker into their games if they are able to set aside such thoughts.

Even traditional sports psychologists will encourage athletes to tell themselves things dont matter so they avoid choking... but it can be that it does matter ...so a better tactic is to be able to notice such feelings and set them aside 

1 hour ago, Big Blue Maff said:

'who only wanted a photograph with him' - this can be tedious though, seriously tedious.

Whilst the situation doesn't require a retaliation of disrespect, it can be a challenging moment. 

Only Utd have more points from losing positions. 

Picked ourselves up after last season to put ourselves in contention again.

Fringe players have come in and performed after a season of injuries.

Sky Sports will say it's a mentality thing but I don't think it is. And we're still 3rd anyway.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

"But don't worry, you'll be back and available in next week" ;)

Yes, yes, I know what else can he do, we need all the players due to a small squad.

I'm not criticising him just there seems to be no way of punishing what they've done, a real finger up to fans and everyone really.

On the naughty step, an insignificant fine given what they earn and have in the bank and forget about it.

That's the problem when it's an internal issue.

The only people affected are ourselves.

The fact is we need all fit first-teamers available for every game from now, even the three who've done this. They need to work their bollocks off in training this week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

Well done anyone who can remember the context of this reference 

It just comes to my mind for some reason - Some young bucks with the potential to be Premier League stars blended with experienced veterans playing some dynamic, exciting football. Though not particularly blessed with strength in depth, tend to have a great first half of the season, staying within touching distance of the top 2, with the feeling that they might be credible title challengers in the near future. But then the wheels fall off down the stretch of the season and they finish several places lower than they should. 

Edited by Kendal Fox

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

We don't play with enough urgency and we don't have players that come crashing in putting their body on their line to score.

I see that too. For me, we played the football in the first half and got into their box on numerous occasions but lacked the will to turn those threatening moments into goals.  There's not enough determination to get that ball into the net at all costs.  It's as if it's enough to play pretty football to get into good positions in their box and there's no need to put in effort to convert.  I find it hard to explain, but all I know is that it frustrates the **** out of me.  We are capable of so much more and with Iheanacho's re-found potency when a chance comes his way there's no reason we shouldn't be scoring more.

We really need to find more positivity in our approach, and the best formation to support this.

• Like 1