Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

You're missing the point..

These 3 morons have let their team mates down at an absolute pivotal moment in what's been a hard fought season.

They've disrespected the Club and us the fans.

Whether their availability would have made a difference to the scoreline yesterday is irrelevant.

C’mon. Obviously I get that. But we don’t need to lynch anyone.

The club have dealt with it internally, those available will be back in training and in the squad next weekend. No-one is being sacked or sold - our lot join a list of other idiot footballers who have done the same or similar, and none have been sacked or sold.

I hope the offenders receive or have received an appropriate level of outrage and bollocking from their teammates, I'm sure Kasper would be at the front of the queue, for letting themselves, the team, Brendan, the club, Top and us down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

C’mon. Obviously I get that. But we don’t need to lynch anyone.

Genuine question, why is it when there’s a general consensus on a topic that you go hellbent to try and disagree with it? Stop defending them, they’ve potentially fvcked our season and people are right to be annoyed. 

Just now, KFS said:

Have a word mate. One of the biggest games of the season and they’ve fvcked the prep completely and went out celebrating post a Man City game where we weren’t even in it. It’s not the rule breaking it’s the professionalism and impact on the squad. The fact they were asked by the manager not to do

it and then ignored him when he found out. They’ve completely shat on the manager, club and fans.

It was a week out from the West Ham game. If they were going to do something like that then that is the time to do it. Presumably because they had a day or two off after. The only real issue is the breaking of covid rules but as I say I don't know of anyone who hasn't broken those rules at some stage. What do people really expect of footballers? Train, play matches and then sit in a room on their own the rest of the time? Also I will say when the news broke this had happened a lot of people were defending them, it was only after we lost the match that peoples attitudes changed. It's all just an overreaction in my opinion. They are being held to a higher moral standard because they are footballers and aren't treated as people like the rest of us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It was a week out from the West Ham game. If they were going to do something like that then that is the time to do it. Presumably because they had a day or two off after. The only real issue is the breaking of covid rules but as I say I don't know of anyone who hasn't broken those rules at some stage. What do people really expect of footballers? Train, play matches and then sit in a room on their own the rest of the time? Also I will say when the news broke this had happened a lot of people were defending them, it was only after we lost the match that peoples attitudes changed. It's all just an overreaction in my opinion. They are being held to a higher moral standard because they are footballers and aren't treated as people like the rest of us. 

Yes they are. They were asked by their boss not to do something and they did it. If you or I did that it’s grounds for sacking not a fine and a telling off. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Genuine question, why is it when there’s a general consensus on a topic that you go hellbent to try and disagree with it? Stop defending them, they’ve potentially fvcked our season and people are right to be annoyed. 

What are you talking about? I’m not defending them. Grow up, man. 

Rodgers had a very mature take on the matter and he’s handling it. I think people are missing the fact that he said he thinks the players are good guys who acted (very) stupidly, they’re not horrible men. 

• Like 2

Just now, KFS said:

Yes they are. They were asked by their boss not to do something and they did it. If you or I did that it’s grounds for sacking not a fine and a telling off. 

So if my boss was to act me not to do something outside of working hours they could sack me if I did it? To be perfectly honest it's none of mine or anybodys employers business what happens outside of working hours in someones private time. Let the police deal with it and move on. If it was a serious crime then it would be a different story but an incident like this is really not that bad. 

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

I know plenty  of people who haven't, myself included.

People breaking the rules mean the rules last longer, anyone doing so, footballer or not is a selfish idiot.

If you can honestly say you haven't seen someone who you shouldn't have in the last year or been somewhere you shouldn't have been then I congratulate you. You will be in a tiny minority though. 

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

So if my boss was to act me not to do something outside of working hours they could sack me if I did it? To be perfectly honest it's none of mine or anybodys employers business what happens outside of working hours in someones private time. Let the police deal with it and move on. If it was a serious crime then it would be a different story but an incident like this is really not that bad. 

If it impedes your ability to do your work well and you are with colleagues then that is a serious problem.

I think you’re underestimating the act of defiance of the manager here and it’s ramifications. This is the way dressing rooms can break down. Have you read anything on dynamics in sports?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The_77 said:

What are you talking about? I’m not defending them. Grow up, man. 

Rodgers had a very mature take on the matter and he’s handling it. I think people are missing the fact that he said he thinks the players are good guys who acted (very) stupidly, they’re not horrible men. 

Who are you telling to grow up lol 

Great that he thinks they’re good guys. I’m sure they thought he’s a great guy enough to ignore him twice.

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

If it impedes your ability to do your work well and you are with colleagues then that is a serious problem.

I think you’re underestimating the act of defiance of the manager here and it’s ramifications. This is the way dressing rooms can break down. Have you read anything on dynamics in sports?

Having a drink doesn't impede there ability to work when they almost certainly would have had a day off the next day. As I say the only issue is the breaking of covid rules, it's very normal in normal times for footballers to do things like this. (I know a couple of footballers myself and the night after matches is when they do these things as they have days off after). From what I gather they got tested afterwards so they were able to rejoin the bubble if Rodgers let them so that wasn't an issue either. They shouldn't have broken covid restrictions but I do feel like the club and more so people on here are overreacting. Just let the police deal with it and get on with it. 

Edited by peach0000

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

If you can honestly say you haven't seen someone who you shouldn't have in the last year or been somewhere you shouldn't have been then I congratulate you. You will be in a tiny minority though. 

I can and because of idiots breaking the rules my 15+ month wait to actually see any family and friends continues.

• Like 2

The problem is these players are very well paid as athletes and in society there is now an expectation for them to look after and behave themselves.  I wonder how Frank Worthington would have handled all this money and fame?  Back in the 70's it didn't matter that your players got hammered the night before a game, people's expectations were lower and the top players were paid well compared to other professions, but it wasn't enough to retire on and have a good life afterwards.  I think that most people are sensible, but when they are struggling to put bread on the table, footballers who get paid £5 million a year, start breaking the rules during a pandemic just to have a party that could wait a few more weeks, it really p****s them off!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Who are you telling to grow up lol 

Great that he thinks they’re good guys. I’m sure they thought he’s a great guy enough to ignore him twice.

Bet they’d listen to you instead. :P