Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

14 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Apparently Kasper and Vards have given the guilty parties a proper dressing down. Anyone confirm?

Could of done with them showing that kind of authority and leadership yesterday, neither of them seemed to get the players mentalities right, looked as though we were just going to crumble

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It was a week out from the West Ham game. If they were going to do something like that then that is the time to do it. Presumably because they had a day or two off after. The only real issue is the breaking of covid rules but as I say I don't know of anyone who hasn't broken those rules at some stage. What do people really expect of footballers? Train, play matches and then sit in a room on their own the rest of the time? Also I will say when the news broke this had happened a lot of people were defending them, it was only after we lost the match that peoples attitudes changed. It's all just an overreaction in my opinion. They are being held to a higher moral standard because they are footballers and aren't treated as people like the rest of us. 

Social media has been around long enough, and yes they are held to a higher moral standard due to its prevalence, but it comes with the territory of being a professional footballer. This isn’t some lads playing Sunday league, they ARE figures of aspiration, they therefore hold influence, and if you think they have not been repeatedly made aware of this element of their role, I suspect you are mistaken.

2 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Could of done with them showing that kind of authority and leadership yesterday, neither of them seemed to get the players mentalities right, looked as though we were just going to crumble

Until the 2nd half... 

21 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Having a drink doesn't impede there ability to work when they almost certainly would have had a day off the next day. As I say the only issue is the breaking of covid rules, it's very normal in normal times for footballers to do things like this. (I know a couple of footballers myself and the night after matches is when they do these things as they have days off after). From what I gather they got tested afterwards so they were able to rejoin the bubble if Rodgers let them so that wasn't an issue either. They shouldn't have broken covid restrictions but I do feel like the club and more so people on here are overreacting. Just let the police deal with it and get on with it. 

If you set standards and rules and do not react when someone breaks those standards and rules then you set a precedent that it ok.

Chances are they will break other standards and rules which you have set.  

It's about leadership. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Social media has been around long enough, and yes they are held to a higher moral standard due to its prevalence, but it comes with the territory of being a professional footballer. This isn’t some lads playing Sunday league, they ARE figures of aspiration, they therefore hold influence, and if you think they have not been repeatedly made aware of this element of their role, I suspect you are mistaken.

My point (not made very clearly) is that I don't think they should be held to a higher moral standard. They are just people and should be treated as such. If I was to go to a house party and got caught by the police and my employer found out I doubt they would do or say anything, I struggle to see the difference other than they are footballers.

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I suspect JM10 would have been moving on irrelevant of this; but that's another thread.

Well if he’s moving on his value will have nosedived somewhat and other clubs less likely to take a punt because of his injuries and attitude. 

Just now, mazarron fox said:

Well if he’s moving on his value will have nosedived somewhat and other clubs less likely to take a punt because of his injuries and attitude. 

Clubs won't think twice about this incident if he delivers on the pitch.

Injuries are a fair point but he won't be short of interest if he wanted to sell him.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

My point (not made very clearly) is that I don't think they should be held to a higher moral standard. They are just people and should be treated as such. If I was to go to a house party and got caught by the police and my employer found out I doubt they would do or say anything, I struggle to see the difference other than they are footballers.

Not for a second saying it’s right (or healthy) but the reach of footballers is now so great (social media) that they are held to higher standards, as every misstep is available for consumption (and mimicking)

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not for a second saying it’s right (or healthy) but the reach of footballers is now so great (social media) that they are held to higher standards, as every misstep is available for consumption (and mimicking)

If my next door neighbour or even my best mate did what they did I'd think they were pricks.  There's no holding them to a higher standard here. 

People are angry, lots on here have sacrificed a lot of the last few months and they're allowed to be. I know people whove had ill relatives and not seem them for months. I think they're getting off lightly to be honest - if they come back and fire us to Europe they'll be forgiven.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If my next door neighbour or even my best mate did what they did I'd think they were pricks.  There's no holding them to a higher standard here. 

People are angry, lots on here have sacrificed a lot of the last few months and they're allowed to be. I know people whove had ill relatives and not seem them for months. I think they're getting off lightly to be honest - if they come back and fire us to Europe they'll be forgiven.

Yeah but your next door neighbours misdemeanour would not be a topic on a news site, discussed by lots of interested parties, so not strictly the same.

32 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Apparently Kasper and Vards have given the guilty parties a proper dressing down. Anyone confirm?

Imagine, been made to train away from the rest of the squad as to not put anyone at risk . Then Kasper and Vardy decide to risk it all just to give them a bollocking .:dunno:

11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The difference is you aren’t working in a sport that has been given special dispensation to continue by the government due to rigorous and strict COVID-19 protocols. 

I think people are just completely missing the point that these players could have caused a COVID outbreak at the club at the crunch end of the season. Would you still be feeling the same way if we had to line up for the semi final on Sunday without half of the first team squad because they couldn’t get a negative test in time? 

• Like 4