Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

Irresponsible from him no doubt but he was injured. 

If he was available to play the reaction towards him would have been a lot different. 

Does that really matter? The knock on effect is still the same, what's the problem? The problem is going to a house party and picking up covid and giving it to other people as well as passing it on to our other players and causing a shit tonne of bother for us. As soon as the club found out they had no choice to make these players unavailable but had they not found out whether the player was able to play vs West Ham or not they could have been part of training with other players and put us in a terrible situation, games postponed etc. Although if we could replay that game yesterday then yes please 🤪

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

The UK could be weeks away from getting over the worst extremes of covid-19 but the fallout of all this could cast a shadow over the club for years. All avoidable on our part.

Was it worth it all for one lousy jolly up?

I can almost guarantee by this time next month, if not next week (If we beat Southampton) no one will care.

• Like 3

Peachy I think you may be missing the point big time .An infection however unlikely due to this piss up and we could loose half the team .Cags a case in point he would have been handy yesterday. Many months back when we were on booking in to pubs and 6 persons Barnes was in the boozer  with about 10 other lads splashing the cash and I thought at the time how are the club allowing this .They have to ask/instruct the players to be super careful for however long to protect the team and the club.Im going for a beer tonight with a friend but I have been vaccinated and I dont play professional sport.

Just now, peach0000 said:

I can almost guarantee by this time next month, if not next week (If we beat Southampton) no one will care.

... but if we don't? I actually think this fallout would be somewhat muted had the team got a result yesterday. If we miss out on a top 4 slot and not win the cup (or at least get to the final) then it will be remembered for a long time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Does that really matter? The knock on effect is still the same, what's the problem? The problem is going to a house party and picking up covid and giving it to other people as well as passing it on to our other players and causing a shit tonne of bother for us. As soon as the club found out they had no choice to make these players unavailable but had they not found out whether the player was able to play vs West Ham or not they could have been part of training with other players and put us in a terrible situation, games postponed etc. Although if we could replay that game yesterday then yes please 🤪

Exactly, imagine if they had been into training for a couple of days, passed covid on to say Nacho who, in the form of his life, then has to miss an FA Cup semifinal. Complete lack of respect for their teammates.

The three players are an absolute disgrace, and an insult to all of us that have sacrificed so much in the last 12 months. No football player is above the club, or the fans that support them all the way.

Brendan Rodgers has played this situation perfectly, but will have, not doubt, been in the minds of the players that took to the pitch yesterday. It certainly looked like it for the first hour, the entire team was woeful until Albrighton's introduction.

There will no doubt be an element of resentment and among fans and players now towards Maddison, Perez and Hamza, and it could not have come at a worse time.

But we need to draw a line under this, and quick, before this becomes a domino effect that derails our entire season that promised so much, but could end up delivering so little.

4 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Peachy I think you may be missing the point big time .An infection however unlikely due to this piss up and we could loose half the team .Cags a case in point he would have been handy yesterday. Many months back when we were on booking in to pubs and 6 persons Barnes was in the boozer  with about 10 other lads splashing the cash and I thought at the time how are the club allowing this .They have to ask/instruct the players to be super careful for however long to protect the team and the club.Im going for a beer tonight with a friend but I have been vaccinated and I dont play professional sport.

I don't think whether someone plays professional sport or not should matter in this case. They've done wrong no doubt by breaking the law but so many people are going over the top with their reactions. People wanting them all sacked or sold are just doing so for effect when in reality they've done little more wrong than most people on here would of in the course of the last year. Let the police deal with it, remove them from the first team bubble for a few days and test them and take internal action. That's all that needs to happen. Also the Soyuncu case is different as he tested positive I'm pretty sure.

Edited by peach0000

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd agree with that.

The main reason Maddison,Hamza and Perez are getting flak on here is because they were could have played yesterday.

I'm not excusing Barnes in all of this. It looks terrible for him too but he is injured. If he was fully fit his name would be on the topic headline too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

... but if we don't? I actually think this fallout would be somewhat muted had the team got a result yesterday. If we miss out on a top 4 slot and not win the cup (or at least get to the final) then it will be remembered for a long time. 

I'm not convinced I think it's an overreaction to the result of one game. If from here we don't go on to make top 4 then other factors will be way more to blame than this incident and I think it'll be remembered as such.

15 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

The UK could be weeks away from getting over the worst extremes of covid-19 but the fallout of all this could cast a shadow over the club for years. All avoidable on our part.

Was it worth it all for one lousy jolly up?

If we win the title next season it'll all be rosy again. 

5 minutes ago, The_77 said:

At least we can laugh at this. lol

DAE1F8DC-8AA2-4826-8959-628A9E8AD226.jpeg

E7D85F2D-09D1-4A16-8789-23424906A070.jpeg

I've always wondered why we need a social media channel to be the voice of the fans, until I saw this message and thought wow, it all makes sense now. We clearly need a twitter account to hold the players to account.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

18 minutes ago, enmac said:

How did Brendan find out? Seems he knew while they were at the party. Are there any super sleuths out there? 

Either they were stupid enough to talk about it in the team Whatsapp, bragged about it to a team-mate or... and this is very much a long shot, but much isn't mentioned about Morgan... perhaps his involvement wasn't so great and on finding out the full extent, he alerted Brendan?

Guess we'll never know.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

The three players are an absolute disgrace, and an insult to all of us that have sacrificed so much in the last 12 months. No football player is above the club, or the fans that support them all the way.

Brendan Rodgers has played this situation perfectly, but will have, not doubt, been in the minds of the players that took to the pitch yesterday. It certainly looked like it for the first hour, the entire team was woeful until Albrighton's introduction.

There will no doubt be an element of resentment and among fans and players now towards Maddison, Perez and Hamza, and it could not have come at a worse time.

But we need to draw a line under this, and quick, before this becomes a domino effect that derails our entire season that promised so much, but could end up delivering so little.

5 players.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

surely if you test negative, you don't have the virus. So being symptomatic or asymptomatic or being a vector for transmission is irrelevant?

My understanding from the studies that I've read is that PCR detects circa 57% of infections prior to onset when performed every other day hence why the general advice is to test upon displaying symptoms. Contrast that against around about 89% of people testing positive within 4 days following symptom onset, and you can see that nothing can be taken for granted. In this instance where testing is twice weekly, 2 of the rumoured 5 could be carriers without testing positive or displaying symptoms which is why I suspect they've had to train in isolation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

Either they were stupid enough to talk about it in the team Whatsapp, bragged about it to a team-mate or... and this is very much a long shot, but much isn't mentioned about Morgan... perhaps his involvement wasn't so great and on finding out the full extent, he alerted Brendan?

Guess we'll never know.

Read the report in the sun 👍

48 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

You could say he also has the most to lose. But it seems like he never gave it a second thought.

Yep. Maddison seems to talk a good game about where he wants to be in his career but his actions say otherwise. It comes from a weak mentality.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Honestly, these twats hahahahhahahah. Someone please pretend to be one of them and get on there, when someone with a shit French accent fooled Stringer into think he was Tony K was gold.

Does anyone know who can do a good Spanish accent? Or a Nottingham accent with lots of erms?