Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Honestly, these twats hahahahhahahah. Someone please pretend to be one of them and get on there, when someone with a shit French accent fooled Stringer into think he was Tony K was gold.

That was the greatest moment in radio history 😂

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Honestly, these twats hahahahhahahah. Someone please pretend to be one of them and get on there, when someone with a shit French accent fooled Stringer into think he was Tony K was gold.

surely its worth someone setting up a fake twitter account and say that you were at the party as a guest. They will fall for it surely! 

36 minutes ago, enmac said:

How did Brendan find out? Seems he knew while they were at the party. Are there any super sleuths out there? 

I think it's most likely one of Perez's neighbours who heard music and saw cars from 9pm, knowing a staff member at the club and it got forwarded on to Brendan? 

I can't imagine them putting anything on the team whatsapp group where Kasper would have tore into them immediately. They'll have invited others, JJ is very likely as he's close to the Barnes/Hamza duo, but I'm not sure he would have grassed. 

11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I can almost guarantee by this time next month, if not next week (If we beat Southampton) no one will care.

Sure, but isn't that way away from the principle being discussed here? We might be ebullient if we won this game, but we know now that Maddison, Perez and Choudhury hold their own enjoyment above the well-being of their colleagues, the team-spirit, respect for their boss and their team mates and the rules they were given.

There are ramifications to breaking those rules and you should know what they are. I and many others who've commented on how angry and disappointed they are know them implicitly and understand the damage which can arise from irresponsible behaviour.

The fact that they were warned about not going to the party, by their manager, and did so anyway - sneaking like overgrown schoolboys - shows arrogance and stupidity.

I admired Mahrez as a player, but as a bloke all he was interested in was himself and now Maddison, who was considered to be a a good role model for a young professional and for those young professionals he works with.

He now has got himself a rep. which will adhere to him like a burr - far more strongly than all the plaudits he has heretofore gained. It takes a long time to build up a reputation and one crass mistake to lose it. When  I look at Thomas and Barnes I see model young footballers who realise the dedication it takes to get to the top and stay there. Partying is okay in small measure but all the crap that comes with living up to an image has seen many a good player fall by the wayside.

In these circumstances maybe the Club needs to move them on and spend the money on lads who will devote their energies to their own improvement and the Club's success.

Don't you think that they knew what would happen if they were found out? If they didn't then they are thick and if they did then they knew their actions could be deleterious to the team.

Maybe we coddle these kids too much. It's interesting that our best footballer so far, Jamie Vardy, has emerged the hard way, taken his chance and showed a remarkable loyalty to Leicester City. He'll be remembered far longer than any of those three.

3 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Maybe we coddle these kids too much. It's interesting that our best footballer so far, Jamie Vardy, has emerged the hard way, taken his chance and showed a remarkable loyalty to Leicester City. He'll be remembered far longer than any of those three.

He wasn’t always a saint. Surely these players are worthy of second chances too. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

He wasn’t always a saint. Surely these players are worthy of second chances too. 

Quite, their time in the stocks is done, lets get behind all the team for the run in.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, brucey said:

I think it's most likely one of Perez's neighbours who heard music and saw cars from 9pm, knowing a staff member at the club and it got forwarded on to Brendan? 

I can't imagine them putting anything on the team whatsapp group where Kasper would have tore into them immediately. They'll have invited others, JJ is very likely as he's close to the Barnes/Hamza duo, but I'm not sure he would have grassed. 

Yep. That sounds very plausible. I'm guessing Ayoze will be moving house soon. Somewhere more secluded? 

16 minutes ago, brucey said:

The police got wind of it and informed Rodgers, according to a paper. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_77 said:

I agree completely. I suspect he's been a bit of a scally in his time. However, I think he's always given 100% to this club and I beleive he would be angry that they thought it was a good idea to forget the club.

And they are worthy of a second chance. I'm disappointed with Maddison more than anything and my reaction is old-fashioned, because I was brought up in a different era - which was very judgmental and punitive. I was equally feckless at that age, but I wasn't paid thousands a week and I didn't have their skill or the chance of prizes and fame they could win. It's important that they act like men and not schoolboys - by taking on board that their actions do have effects. Maddison and Perez could have made a difference yesterday, but they chose to ignore that possibility.

• Like 1

We need Maddison to get us over the line for top 4 in my opinion. Without him, we won't. 

I'm as disappointed by his and the other players' actions as everyone here. It shows a complete lack of respect. But there really is no point cutting your nose off to spite your face. Us fans can be incredibly fickle at times and that also means forgiving. If Maddison makes a valuable contribution to the remainder of the season, who knows even scores the winner in the cup final, all of the anger on here will have evaporated. Think Beckham/ Simeone.

A few have also stated that the players need to have a good hard think about what it means to represent pur great football club and how they need to make amends. I'm sorry but they're not invested like we are. I'm not saying they don't care, but 100% they care less than we do.

That inevitably means that a few will be setting their sights on "bigger" clubs like Chilwell and Maguire have. It wouldn't surprise me if Maddison moved to Anfield or Old Trafford next season, these things happen as Rodgers is keen to remind us.

But in the here and now, Maddison is a City player and has a potentially vital role to play in our success, or otherwise, this season.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Until the 2nd half... 

really... we created a couple chances second half which I’d expect against West Ham and luckily Kel took 2 really well, don’t think it had anything to do with kasper or vards taking control and if it was they left it a bit late 

Had we won yesterday this wouldn't be quite as galling for some fans, and with every failure over the remainder of the season will this become even more of a despicable act for some of our fans.

Ultimately this is something tangible to pin out anger to if and when we fall apart in our pursuit of CL and the elusive FA Cup.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Considering this group of players is the second best the club has ever had, they're ****ing difficult to love.

How dare you. Seniorman has gone from pantomime villain to everyone’s favourite player. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bert said:

The police got wind of it and informed Rodgers, according to a paper. 

The Sun doesn't say it was the police that informed Rodgers? Just that Rodgers texted the players saying he knew what was up, this happened some time before the police actually arrived. We aren't sure the two are linked. It'd be a bit odd for the police to be informing the employers of alleged partygoers about their misdemeanours prior to actually arriving and confirming the identities of said individuals. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

I'd very much like to give them the benefit of doubt. Eg. Lads met up for a few beers in the garden, a couple of people too many turned up and people went inside when the shouldn't. Whilst still stupid as a pro athlete, I'm not going to go too mad about it.

If it's 18 people and they knew it was going to be big and IF they ignored the mangers instructions to pack up and then went somewhere else to carry on (That's a big IF, the Sun will gladly twist things, use half truths etc). Then they deserve all the scorn coming their way, if they honestly did that, as the manager I'd very seriously consider their futures, doesn't mean get rid. But you'd be questioning their commitment to you and the club and wondering if that's really what you want about. 

.. what is the alternative to this!!!

Consider their future, but it doesn't mean get rid, there are no other options available to the manager.

20 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Know how you feel really the year I’ve been through at work working on ICU, then a positive this year of negativity seeing our great club do amazing things in the league and FA Cup we could be going for a top 3 finish maybe also an FA cup win too who knows?

What is it with some people who think they’re immortal and can break rules to have a party, we’d all love to meet up and have a party with our mates and loved ones but we’re following the rules

I can’t even go for a pint Tomorrow with the wife now we actually can go to a pub at last, unfortunately I’ve got to self isolate due contracting the dreaded Virus 🦠 The week I get my 2nd jab I end up getting the bloody Virus just my luck I’d probably win the lottery but lose the ticket!😱

Hoping we can come above this and continue to keep our 3rd position in the league !

Good luck with it.  Hope you get over it very quickly.

• Thanks 1