Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

You can tell when there's something wrong at the club because the usual suspects are all over social media. Updating insta stories etc. 

Nothing this week bar Kelechi and Ndidi..  

I thought it was a coincidence but you're right. There was one strange answer in the press conference when he was asked about availability too.

Perez's Instagram post looks particularly stupid. Hed do well to take that down.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

Anyone else woken up still fuming 😡 their silence is deafening... I need to hear what they have to say for themselves 😡😡

Still fuming, more about the game than this incident tbh, whilst the two are separate entities they give a license to blame and excuse rightly or wrongly.

This overshadows the game and it’s a case of they’ve made their bed they’ve gotta lie in, although it seems there is no skin of their nose and it’s everyone else that has had to pay.

As for hearing what they have to say? It’s a case of wanting to hear what they have to say but I think that could just potentially wind people up further.

It’ll be hollow apologies anyway, a case of an apology for being caught rather than an apology for what they’ve actually done.

I don’t agree with lockdowns (unless like the first one they’re done properly), since the first lockdown (which I coped with very well) I’ve struggled mentally something I never thought I would say I guess it’s a case of ‘you never think it’ll happen to you’ although I think it has to be said most people have struggled mentally at some point in the last 12 months, I’m not saying this holier than thou but whilst I don’t agree with all the rules I’ve stuck to them because I can, because I do, I respect other people but it gets to the point where you think why should I bother? But you still carry on.

Not these ***** though. They’re footballers, above punishment - there’s not much that would really hurt them in that regard, above the law. 

No one wins in this situation, but the offenders certainly get away lightly.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Still laughably pathetic.

You'd say this is the only chance Perez and Hamza would likely get to potentially play Champions League football, and they're out jeopardizing it. Both can be sold this summer. 

Maddison just continues to try to sabotage his own success. 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

IF that's entirely true, what a stupid bunch of t******.

Indeed! I always thought JM was an articulate intelligent guy. So either I was wrong, or he just thought he could get away with it/doesn’t care.

31 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Like most things the devils in the detail here and I find it interesting that Wes also attended? He to me blurs the line between the players and the club. 

Has this been an honest mistake made by the players not understanding the rules? What was the reason for the party? Details of the party? (very much there is a difference between a get together and a swinging from the chandeliers type of party) We'd just lost to Man City and it's not Perez's birthday? 

This is exactly what keeps puzzling me.

Getting all Ted Hastings here, but Big Wes would be my first witness to grill. 

His involvement in the scenario also leads me to suspect there's been a genuine silly mistake made.

I'm sure there's a strong defence argument in all of this somewhere.  

• Like 1

I'm still annoyed today.

IF the story is true they are a disgrace. They were given clear instructions by their club and manager and they totally ignored that. They hid from the police too. The club captain is also apparently involved which is huge! It is so much more than just lads making a mistake. It's misconduct.  They disrupted the preparations for the match too and I should imagine have upset many inside the club who haven't seen friends and family for a long time and who have potentially lost loved ones. They have foreign team mates who haven't seem family in a long time. Brendan was poorly with covid and Cags currently has it! They let the club down massively. Its not a mistake, it's misconduct and disrespect. They cannot say they didn't know when the whole team was spoken too just before. I suspect they will be disciplined but that will be internally so we will not know about it. They have a lot of making up to do too I should imagine. I wouldn't want to be them walking into the training ground today!

• Like 1

Might be a good idea to move on now. What's done is done, nothing can change that.  We have an important game coming up and 7 cup finals thereafter.   They are idiots.  Make them donate a sizable lump of readies to all the NHS staff in Leicester Hospitals which have fought hard to save people from Covid-19.  Make some good come out of this.

Madders and Perez owe us all some top performances. Say sorry on the pitch and not on Instagram.

Is Cags back?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

What was the reason for the party? Details of the party? (very much there is a difference between a get together and a swinging from the chandeliers type of party)

I understand the point you're making but it's just entirely irrelevant.

We're in the middle of this Covid pandemic. It's against the law to go to other people's houses for an indoor party. Whether they were swinging from the chandeliers or if they all had afternoon tea and cake. It was entirely wrong of the players to meet at a party during this period in the club's history. A week before the biggest Premier League game of the season and two weeks before the biggest game of the season.

I know footballers are thick but I'm willing to bet every penny I own that they know full well you're not allowed to go around other peoples houses to have parties right now.

• Like 1

Barnes and Maddison have the club by the nuts, sell them to the detriment of the club.. clearly gifted players who improve us, but transfer list them and we could never command a fee that we'd deem their worth. 

Perez is a bit of a weird one, has his moments but don't think I'd lose too much sleep if he went.. in a fully fit squad he is largely a fringe player.

Hamza, he can go... doesn't do enough to justify him being here, and feels like we're doing him the favour.

Morgan being there is just a twist of the knife, the most senior player, club captain and the one who should be calling for these lads to go.... what was he thinking? And so late on in his career, we've given him a salary with minimal expectation. extremely disappointed in him.

• Like 1

How can Wes not be stripped of the captaincy? He was there, he could have told everyone to behave. Only possible reason is not create further drama and upheaval I imagine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

How can Wes not be stripped of the captaincy? He was there, he could have told everyone to behave. Only possible reason is not create further drama and upheaval I imagine.

It's nothing to do with behaviour of the players at the party. It's the mere fact that players were having a party. Wes being at the party makes him as bad as the rest.

Just now, AKCJ said:

It's nothing to do with behaviour of the players at the party. It's the mere fact that players were having a party. Wes being at the party makes him as bad as the rest.

Yes, my original point was poorly worded, but the fact he was complicit should mean he is stripped of the captaincy imo

I don't believe how many people miss the impact of this totally!

1/ They have shown a total disrespect for the club, the team, Manager and most of all the fans.

2/ Is could easy cost us a champions spot, If anyone ends up with covid19 and passes it on to other players it will end any hopes of a top 6.

Stupid idiots putting our whole season on the line makes my blood boil.

I know some people will be saying over reaction and making other such comments but I think they should be punished to the fullest allowed by the rules.

• Like 4