Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

I don't think whether someone plays professional sport or not should matter in this case. They've done wrong no doubt by breaking the law but so many people are going over the top with their reactions. People wanting them all sacked or sold are just doing so for effect when in reality they've done little more wrong than most people on here would of in the course of the last year. Let the police deal with it, remove them from the first team bubble for a few days and test them and take internal action. That's all that needs to happen. Also the Soyuncu case is different as he tested positive I'm pretty sure.

I can honestly say the Police have had no reason to visit my house during the last year, I also find it difficult to imagine they’ve had to visit most people on here. 

Argue a point by all means, but at least attempt to stay in touch with facts / reality? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Don't agree.

Maddison has a chronic hip problem and if we lost him it may actually suit the club. His wages are huge and he's spent half the season on the treatment table and has a long history of injuries. Quality wise he's right up there but say we spent 20m on the next Eze, with tielemans and wilf behind they'd be a very good player.

Barnes I'd be more bothered about. Goal scoring wingers are rare and his injury issues are rare. He'd be the actual one I'd be bothered about going and way harder to replace. From what's been said about him he seems a sound lad, if impressionable. I haven't heard him involved in too many incidents before and having met his dad a few times at games I know he'll give him both barrels for this. I get the impression he'll learn. I don't with maddison.

Choudhury is a repeat offender, he's also shit. So he can go.

I've defended perez so many times and not tried to get drawn into his terrible Instagram posts or whining on the pitch when the opposition touches him but this feels like he's done here - the fans already don't like him and as soon as fans are back he'll get booed unless he gets his arse in the gear. The club will struggle to shift him though - hes on decent wages and we paid a fair bit for him.

Morgan should be done at the club now - any exec role he was being lined up for is done. Several times the club have protected him too.

Maddison, choudhury and perez could raise us 85m so we could reinvest wisely. It's all about how they react but I'd be very suprises if they're all here next year. Rodgers won't forgot and I'm imagining several players won't be sad to see them go. We should be reassured its only 5 of them - we obviously have some decent characters in the squad.

For what it's worth, I think this assessment is spot on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

Sure I do. The difference is, unlike you, I know when I do. 

Based on what exactly? You don’t know me from Adam.

Like most people on here, I write the majority of my posts sat on a loo, I can’t say I put that much effort in. But if I’ve offended the grammar police I should be chastised along with the Leicester bad boys! 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Like most people on here, I write the majority of my posts sat on a loo, I can’t say I put that much effort in. But if I’ve offended the grammar police I should chastised along with the Leicester bad boys! 

Thanks for that image 😂

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Like most people on here, I write the majority of my posts sat on a loo, I can’t say I put that much effort in. But if I’ve offended the grammar police I should chastised along with the Leicester bad boys! 

Surely depends on whether you've had your recommended daily intake of fibre.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, brucey said:

The Sun doesn't say it was the police that informed Rodgers? Just that Rodgers texted the players saying he knew what was up, this happened some time before the police actually arrived. We aren't sure the two are linked. It'd be a bit odd for the police to be informing the employers of alleged partygoers about their misdemeanours prior to actually arriving and confirming the identities of said individuals. 

Ok then 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. what is the alternative to this!!!

Consider their future, but it doesn't mean get rid, there are no other options available to the manager.

The other option is he doesn’t even think about it again and goes on like nothing has happened, with their futures never being in doubt.

Or, if he considers this a very serious breach of his trust. Then he’s got some contemplating to do. The decision might be stay, and the outcome the same as him never thinking about it again, but it’s a different process. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They’d never admit to it though ........ 

and this is actually a bigger story than the story ....... wonder if the press will realise ......

... I think I get what you're all implying. I hadn't even thought of that possibility, tbf. That's shockingly unprofessional if so

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

This is so true lol 

Honestly, i was pissed off yesterday and still a little annoyed. It has subsided a bit because we have no choice now but to get over it. 

At least I know these are the tossers who care more about themselves then others. We all have family or neighbours that are the same. Better to know who they are.

As I tell my son.... bean in a tin can for a brain. Look at them, shake your head internally and then remember you are not that thick. Smile, nod and move on.

I remember when we led the football world in scandals - fire extinguishers going off like the Bellagio fountains, bevies of prostitutes bringing criminal charges etc now we’re reduced to hiding under the stairs like  naughty children fearing the disapproval of a parental authority figure . Where did it all go wrong?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Honestly, these twats hahahahhahahah. Someone please pretend to be one of them and get on there, when someone with a shit French accent fooled Stringer into think he was Tony K was gold.

Does anyone have a clip I really want to hear it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To do all this with the guidelines in place is bad enough.

To do it after being told by the manager to avoid it several hours before is even worse.

It is everything we don't need and the worst of all worlds for the manager.

1 hour ago, wigstonboues said:

How do we know Morgans involvement wasnt a case of him getting wind and going round to sort them out? 

Wes could have just called if that is the case?

I have been struggling with cognitive dissonance for Morgan's involvement most of all but it is not looking too clever at the moment- even if he felt in person appeal is more persuasive,  the risk of getting COVID from the party would have not worth it.  

Whatever the football consequences, these lads clearly broke the law and should be punished accordingly with a fine (which they can obviously afford) and a criminal record (which they should be ashamed of). If the police cannot now prove a breach of Covid rules, then the club should instruct the players to "hand themselves in" to face whatever sanctions are deemed appropriate. They should also be forced to publicy apologise to the club, the other squad players, the fans, but most importantly to the general public - the vast majority of whom (whether football fans or not) are STILL trying very hard to abide by the law until this pandemic is fully under control. They should see themselves as role models and, perhaps, they should also be instructed to carry out "community service" of some sort to demonstrate to young people in particular just how stupid they have been. If the police cannot now impose any sanctions, then the players should make substantial contributions to relevant charities (eg food banks and the like). 

Rant over.

Mike Oakley

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mike Oakley said:

Whatever the football consequences, these lads clearly broke the law and should be punished accordingly with a fine (which they can obviously afford) and a criminal record (which they should be ashamed of). If the police cannot now prove a breach of Covid rules, then the club should instruct the players to "hand themselves in" to face whatever sanctions are deemed appropriate. They should also be forced to publicy apologise to the club, the other squad players, the fans, but most importantly to the general public - the vast majority of whom (whether football fans or not) are STILL trying very hard to abide by the law until this pandemic is fully under control. They should see themselves as role models and, perhaps, they should also be instructed to carry out "community service" of some sort to demonstrate to young people in particular just how stupid they have been. If the police cannot now impose any sanctions, then the players should make substantial contributions to relevant charities (eg food banks and the like). 

Rant over.

Mike Oakley

There is no criminal record for such an offence Mike.