Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

I’ve woken up even angrier than I was. I hope those idiots read this forum - I bet they probably won’t but they need to see what it really means to us fans. They’ve let us all down and there is no doubt in my mind that we needed them yesterday. And we will need them next week but I don’t think they should get to play. It’s an FA Cup Semi-Final and they don’t deserve the reward of playing in such a prestigious fixture. And if we go out and lose again then so be it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Maddison was apparently out again last night in a Coventry pub when it reopened at midnight, just goes to show where he’s at. He acts like a likely lad who’s won the lottery, not a professional footballer who puts their career first. 

Sauce?

7 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

I don't believe how many people miss the impact of this totally!

1/ They have shown a total disrespect for the club, the team, Manager and most of all the fans.

2/ Is could easy cost us a champions spot, If anyone ends up with covid19 and passes it on to other players it will end any hopes of a top 6.

Stupid idiots putting our whole season on the line makes my blood boil.

I know some people will be saying over reaction and making other such comments but I think they should be punished to the fullest allowed by the rules.

Would any of them be really missed if they were transfer listed and sold?..

Perez...No 

Choudhury..No 

Maddison is the only one with a question mark, and even him I'm not sure .. time to cash in and get a more mature replacement and someone who respects our Club and fan base!

• Like 1

Wasn't there talk of a fall out last year too? Kasper and co not happy with the attitude of some of the players. It's at the business end of the season where these things have impact and needs 100% professionalism. 

In a dressing room you are going to get different personalities, some will make mistakes but fact is if you perform on the pitch, these will be forgotten. I'm still pretty confident this will blow over but probably relies on a positive result next week and in the next few league games. 

On the evidence of this thread, it's going to be weird when we look back in 10 years time at why plenty hate these guys. 

It won't happen but personally think we need to move on now and finish the job this season. Sort whatever needs sorting in the summer. Players should have the same goal. They don't have to look each other. 

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Maddison was apparently out again last night in a Coventry pub when it reopened at midnight, just goes to show where he’s at. He acts like a likely lad who’s won the lottery, not a professional footballer who puts their career first. 

It just sounds like you’re making up stuff now to further an already established agenda. There’s no mention of this anywhere on social media and considering the pub was full it’s unlikely  someone didn’t take a picture. Who’s your source? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm struggling to buy the silly misunderstanding given less than 24 hours earlier Rodgers had chaired a meeting with all the players ad a rallying cry for the final leg of the season amidst Soyuncu's covid issues. They are all unprofessional idiots.

I absolutely agree, that part of the story is conclusive and sorry to correct you, but they are actually professional idiots, no doubt.

From the details on this thread, they've been completely disrespectful and their punishment will serve as to how misunderstood they all were. 

Morgan in their defence is never going to work. 

I would have said a couple of years ago Maddison would kick on and become an England regular, but after this season with his injuries and falling behind Grealish, Foden & Mount et al perhaps he's reached his level, although I hope not and I still think he's an important cog in how we play .  I'm not part of the hang em flog em brigade but I wouldn't too bothered if we sold Perez & Hamza after this breach of standards and if the club decided to get rid of Maddison I wouldn't hold it against them. 

Not having read 35 other pages of total outrage lol

Not sure if anyone has mentioned what I believe to be something important!

This happened last Sunday, 7 days ago, and the first anyone has heard of this is just before Kick off, a week later... The dressing room leaks (Gray :ph34r:)  is clearly a thing of the past, and for this not to have leaked out, actually shows that the club as a whole have taken the matter seriously, irrespective of anything else. I am quite impressed, to me, this shows a unity, which can only be positive. I can only assume that there must be agreement with all personnel on the actions, hence the silence???

Also on Maddison playing golf rather than watch the game at home quietly, I can also understand. If I were to be hearing my name on national tv in a negative story, I would probably distract myself by going out and doing something I found enjoyable, he wasn't hurting anyone by playing golf. 

• Like 4

It's difficult to decide if the players' were deliberately acting in defiance of BR, or whether it was just thoughtlessness. If it was the former, that might have big implications for the remainder of the season. Tbh though, JV 's form is also a concern

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I suspect JM10 would have been moving on irrelevant of this; but that's another thread.

Really ? I know a new contract means nothing but he's only one year in.

17 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Bit like 90% of the world's greatest players then!

People keep saying Maddison is/should be sold but who to? Not done enough to get the big boys interest I wouldn't think. Spurs at a push. 

Its no excuse, and its been tough for everyone but I imagine someone like Maddison has struggled with not being able to do anything socially (I know some of you will say, but he has money etc etc but that only helps a little bit) and I'm sure the temptation has been there for a long time. Part of me has sympathy, as I do for lots of young people who have not been able to enjoy themselves. BUT that doesn't change the fact he (and the others) are idiots and they've done it for so long, they just needed to remain professional and restrained for a little longer. 

Maddison will always have troubles, it's the way he is. Wait until June when he's swanning around yachts when no ****er else can go on holiday lol 

• Like 1