Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

The last thing I want is to lose Maddison or Barnes as a result of this incident. If we lose the top 4 spot partly as a result of the omissions at the weekend it only makes it more likely that someone will leave .The manager seemed to be more realistic that this could happen of late which makes you wonder.

However in general the club has to look at the bigger picture. Leicester has been in the middle of this pandemic and all the team need to behave with the ethical values we would expect. I cannot believe given what happened with the women's team party and with Cags recently testing positive that the players would have not been fully briefed. 

Its going to be difficult but there is a need to refocus, remind players of the responsibilities to the team and society and see if something can still be achieved 

I remember in the late 90's ( though their was big money in the game then) feeling attached to the players like it really mattered their was a sense they were mostly normal lads who you could relate to.That is not the case now and not just because of age, Declan rice seems for example a very rounded young man, Milner has been a perfect pro. This  is a rarity though amongst modern players.

When you see Ben Marshall on the under the cosh podcast how he just chucked money up the wall and the way he laughed it off sums that up.Its interesting how many on that podcast have a ''its only a job '' attitude, stories of getting hammered on pre season tours when allowed is all to common. Imagine tom brady or le bron having that attitude, most footballers are just over grown children now because everything is done for them.

I remember the newcastle stories in hotels, all this ''lads will be lads'' stuff is bollocks when fans respond to it. I was a junior runner, . To many modern players get to rich to young ''ranger,emmanuel thomas''  they have no idea how to handle money. Then its only when their 31 and trying to get a game at dundee  on 600 a week that the penny ****ing drops.I was a junior runner I had anxiety issues, and always regret not getting the best out of my ability, but I never didn't due to lack of hard work or pissing it up the wall. 

It makes it hard to love the sport now, aside from how unfair and geared towards four or five clubs it is, so many players just do it for the cash now.I understand it can get boring and its ok for it to be a job, but you have to give everything still to being the best athlete you can be every week.That's why I admire the brady's at 43 at the top of their game he lives and breathes being the best of himself every single day

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

I don't believe how many people miss the impact of this totally!

1/ They have shown a total disrespect for the club, the team, Manager and most of all the fans.

2/ Is could easy cost us a champions spot, If anyone ends up with covid19 and passes it on to other players it will end any hopes of a top 6.

Stupid idiots putting our whole season on the line makes my blood boil.

I know some people will be saying over reaction and making other such comments but I think they should be punished to the fullest allowed by the rules.

Exactly they ain’t just some mates who have met for a drink. They’re supposed to be in the most strictest bubble to avoid catching COVID or avoid meeting someone who has it in order to continue in this billion pound industry! Entitled footballers who don’t give a toss as long as they don’t get caught!

17 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Would any of them be really missed if they were transfer listed and sold?..

Perez...No 

Choudhury..No 

Maddison is the only one with a question mark, and even him I'm not sure .. time to cash in and get a more mature replacement and someone who respects our Club and fan base!

Maybe we already have Maddisons replacement? Kelechi Iheanacho!

He could potentially slot in nicely playing behind the striker in our regular 4-2-3-1 system.

Obviously he’s a very different player to Maddison & we’d need to adapt tactics slightly but i’m confident Kelechi would hit double figures playing this role. 

We’d definitely need to sign a creative right winger to accommodate for the loss of Maddison. Matheus Pereira is the one we need.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Really? 

So every party they go to with other women there means they're automatically cheating? 

From what I've hard from a very decent source (A best friend of a player on the fringe of the first team, who now left) its was pretty rife a couple of season ago.

the sun not reporting wes was there, hoping wes' presence was more fleeting trying to avoid them doing anything stupid

really trying to find a way not to completely appalled by him; love the bloke to pieces, an absolute legend at leicester, cant understand how he could be so thick

clutching at straws to create rationale he was not being at moronic as the others

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Never a dull moment being a Leicester fan eh. At least there was no hookers or rim jobs involved this time I guess? lol

I'm just waiting to hear that Brendan Rodgers is actually Maddisons real dad and has left the club due to a disagreement about how they have handles it. 

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

This is exactly what keeps puzzling me.

Getting all Ted Hastings here, but Big Wes would be my first witness to grill. 

His involvement in the scenario also leads me to suspect there's been a genuine silly mistake made.

I'm sure there's a strong defence argument in all of this somewhere.  

Question is..

Who's in charge of the OCG?

And WTF is CHIS?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Never a dull moment being a Leicester fan eh. At least there was no hookers or rim jobs involved this time I guess? lol

Indeed. We’ve moved on as a club in the past few years, and this is reflected in the quality of our players’ indiscretions.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

The last thing I want is to lose Maddison or Barnes as a result of this incident. If we lose the top 4 spot partly as a result of the omissions at the weekend it only makes it more likely that someone will leave .The manager seemed to be more realistic that this could happen of late which makes you wonder.

However in general the club has to look at the bigger picture. Leicester has been in the middle of this pandemic and all the team need to behave with the ethical values we would expect. I cannot believe given what happened with the women's team party and with Cags recently testing positive that the players would have not been fully briefed. 

Its going to be difficult but there is a need to refocus, remind players of the responsibilities to the team and society and see if something can still be achieved 

Something like this could definitely cost us top 4, hence why the club are so angry about it, that's probably 50m or so it'll cost us, as well as a player leaving in order to fund transfer fees.

They were briefed on it according to the sources on here, yet they chose to disobey the orders hours later.

Interesting about Maddison, maybe we've found the player who is being sold in the summer? This has literally messed up the focus and the end of season plans, they really ought to be ashamed of themselves.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Interesting about Maddison, maybe we've found the player who is being sold in the summer? This has literally messed up the focus and the end of season plans, they really ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Wondered the same tbh, especially off the back of the seeming relenting of the no sales message from Brendan. This whole episode is beyond stupid, and the damage it may do to the collective could be extensive, but we do have some buggers, so hopefully....

Still, most disappointing, and it does show that these professional footballers, in some instances, feel they are both beyond the law of the everyday man/woman, and largely indifferent to punishment.

Money > Football = BIN

Personally happy with the way the club has dealt with it internally. Not that it will matter to most people but I think it would be worth the players in question issuing a public apology and then paying fines to the NHS or Charities of their choice.

They’ve had a party in a very sensitive time and been incredibly stupid. The timing is atrocious. But as long as they have given their heads the biggest wobble, I think the matter has been dealt with quickly by the club.

I’d rather they knuckle down and play instead of being banned from further games with the club paying their wages.