Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

2 hours ago, dnewty said:

Really ? I know a new contract means nothing but he's only one year in.

Thats what we do, sign them on a bigger contract to increase any potential amount we could gain from a transfer fee.

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

The difference is you aren’t working in a sport that has been given special dispensation to continue by the government due to rigorous and strict COVID-19 protocols. 

I think people are just completely missing the point that these players could have caused a COVID outbreak at the club at the crunch end of the season. Would you still be feeling the same way if we had to line up for the semi final on Sunday without half of the first team squad because they couldn’t get a negative test in time? 

I feel like that risk was really low with the testing that goes on in football. I've said they were wrong for doing it but the reaction on here is over the top. People wanting the lot of them sold, that's just not a sensible or proportionate option. Also people were way more relaxed about it before we lost to West Ham, when the news first broke people were way more sympathetic about the incident. I don't think the result should affect opinions on how bad the incident was. Out of interest are people bothered by Harvey Barnes' involvement as much as the other three?

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Just a game of Twister although Maddison went off injured due to a hip injury and Chowdhury got a red for going right through the back of another player

Don't forget Cluedo... apparently it was Professor Perez in the Billiard Room with his Spanner :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Yes because he Barnes is still a part of the squad bubble.Some on here just dont get it.These lads get very well paid to be ultra professional and these are a bunch of utterley stupid idiots selfish  behavior wanting to go out with random party crowd,Probably cost us yesterday and may well cost more by the end .many millions and prestige at stake I can only imagine what some of the senior players will be saying when they turn up at training it will not be pleasant and I would be at all surprised if it gets very messy.We could do with Wasyl to take em round the back of the changing rooms for a little chat

12 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

No idea what industry you work in but mine is very highly regulated. If my actions outside of work brought my employers reputation into disrepute I'd most certainly get my p45, no question whatsoever. In fact I've known of people have job offers withdrawn simply for having spurious links to content on their social media profile about certain subjects which our industry frowns heavily upon even though said person had no interest in said subject or ever engaged in any activity related to it. I therefore don't think it's unreasonable for an employer to have an interest in what I get up to in my spare time. If I did I could always find myself a different job with less scrutiny albeit on a far lower salary. 

This isn't entirely correct though is it? They could well have contracted the virus and be asymptomatic. In which case they would have tested negative but still be a vector for transmission into the wider group. 

You say people are overacting but how will you come the end of the season if we narrowly miss out on CL and player's like Youri decide that their futures are better served at a team with CL football? Likewise how will you feel if player's like Vardy and Schmeichel miss out on another venture into the CL because of the actions of these idiots having given their all throughout the season? 

This really does have the potential to cause serious damage to the club and the fabric of team as these individuals have broken the trust of their fellow colleagues and demonstrated that they simply can't be relied upon. 

I agree pretty much with all of this. Surely the bottom line is, were they in breach of contract? If so, then what are the appropriate sanctions as laid down in that contract? On the broader question of loyalty to one's employer, frankly I had almost none, other than regarding them as a means to an end i.e. to provide an income.

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I hope this experience will mature Maddison especially. He seems to have lost the most out of this. Won't hold my breath, though.

You could say he also has the most to lose. But it seems like he never gave it a second thought.

We could fine them drop them or deal with it how we like internally within their contract terms. What we can’t change is the fact that they have took the p.ss out of the management their teammates the club and us the fans. Their own professionalism comes into question. We get beaten at West Ham with a first half performance that suggests a club with internal issues currently and the press and others smell blood. This could be and probably will be a season changer for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

This isn't entirely correct though is it? They could well have contracted the virus and be asymptomatic. In which case they would have tested negative but still be a vector for transmission into the wider group. 

surely if you test negative, you don't have the virus. So being symptomatic or asymptomatic or being a vector for transmission is irrelevant?

Think we need to move on now, as Brendan said it's dealt with we go again next week, as fans lets not make it any worse.

Makes me laugh that a women I know who is outraged by this matter has regularly had friends inside her house since the last lockdown.

There are a lot of hipocrits around!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The difference is you aren’t working in a sport that has been given special dispensation to continue by the government due to rigorous and strict COVID-19 protocols. 

I think people are just completely missing the point that these players could have caused a COVID outbreak at the club at the crunch end of the season. Would you still be feeling the same way if we had to line up for the semi final on Sunday without half of the first team squad because they couldn’t get a negative test in time? 

It's hard to understand for some🥴

I know people who work for the club and they have gone to massive lengths to avoid exactly what you describe, some employees have made a huge commitments and worked from home in total isolation. The aim of it all is not only to stop people (not just the squad) becoming ill but to avoid a multi million pound business being de-railed by an outbreak. You're spot on.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

surely if you test negative, you don't have the virus. So being symptomatic or asymptomatic or being a vector for transmission is irrelevant?

I know you were mostly talking about symptomatic vs asymptomatic, but just one thing to clear up:

A negative test doesn't guarantee you don't have COVID. It takes time from after you've contracted the virus to the point where you'll test positive for it. So they could, in theory, test negative a few days after the party, and then later test positive. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200610094112.htm

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

It's hard to understand for some🥴

I know people who work for the club and they have gone to massive lengths to avoid exactly what you describe, some employees have made a huge commitments and worked from home in total isolation. The aim of it all is not only to stop people (not just the squad) becoming ill but to avoid a multi million pound business being de-railed by an outbreak. You're spot on.

All the office staff have been 100% work from home since the start iirc. Alright for some but it's not for everyone, like you say it's an effort across the whole club. 

I think there is some over-reactions in the thread.  I agree all were deservedly dropped yesterday and they should be fined the maximum possible.  Complete stupidity and if we lose out on a top 4 spot then this will now be on them.  Hopefully it will give them the biggest kick up the arse to make sure that does not happen.

However the slating of our players and telling them to get out the club is way over the top.  Anyone saying get rid of Maddison, who are we going to replace him with?  They have done wrong, now they need to have the chance to redeem themselves.  If any of them score a last minute winner on sunday who is seriously not going to celebrate and laud them?

I can cringe with embarrassment when I remember some of the stupid things I did at their age.  Hopefully the club see sense and make them all apologise on a video and that includes Morgan and Barnes if they were there.  We now need to move on.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Yes because he Barnes is still a part of the squad bubble.Some on here just dont get it.These lads get very well paid to be ultra professional and these are a bunch of utterley stupid idiots selfish  behavior wanting to go out with random party crowd,Probably cost us yesterday and may well cost more by the end .many millions and prestige at stake I can only imagine what some of the senior players will be saying when they turn up at training it will not be pleasant and I would be at all surprised if it gets very messy.We could do with Wasyl to take em round the back of the changing rooms for a little chat

They get paid to play football and for their performances on the pitch. Even if they aren't ultra professional all four of them are still decent players, Barnes and Maddison more so. Ultra professionalism will get you to a higher level but it isn't compulsory. Also apart from the obvious covid rule breaking I don't see anything wrong with the going to a house party and drinking when you consider the timing that it happened. (It wasn't before a game). 

The fact of the matter is these miscreants knew better so why did they think that what they did was acceptable given the current circumstances. Obviously they can afford to lose 2 weeks wage. Perhaps apologising to the Club, manager, players and the fans would help. Saying sorry is often the hardest word.

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Why isn't Barnes in the subject title? I appreciate that he wasn't available to play but is just as much an idiot as the other 3 (or more?). 

And club captain Wes Morgan, possibly the worst culprit for the image and message of professionalism for the club. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Why isn't Barnes in the subject title? I appreciate that he wasn't available to play but is just as much an idiot as the other 3 (or more?). 

Irresponsible from him no doubt but he was injured. 

If he was available to play the reaction towards him would have been a lot different.