Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Just a game of Twister although Maddison went off injured due to a hip injury and Chowdhury got a red for going right through the back of another player

None of the girls respect Maddison because he goes down too easily 

• Haha 2

I'm not sure we should be making more of an example of Maddison, Choudhury and Perez than has already happened. Getting rid of some players instead of others 'as an example' is pure favouritism.

I think they've probably been punished enough (maybe a fine would've been appropriate too). But training separately, missing the most important game of the season so far and letting their teammates down as a result should be enough, you'd like to think. Plus they will have had all week knowing it will come out at the weekend and they'll be hammered in the press and on social media. I hope their teammates have properly dug them out in whatever conversations they have behind closed doors as well.

Also, I think Perez and Choudhury are fighting for their careers here anyway, so they may well go this summer regardless, but if they do it should be made clear that it isn't as a result of this, or it just wouldn't be fair as we're clearly going to want to keep hold of Maddison and Barnes going forward.

The most disappointing aspect is Morgan's involvement, I think. It isn't behaviour befitting of an executive of the club, unless you're attending the Mike Ashley school of executive behaviour. It certainly doesn't appear to be how Top and Susan Whelan would expect someone of their rank to behave. The importance of his role could well deem a more severe punishment and I could understand the offer of an executive role being withdrawn, which would be a massive shame for someone who's done so much for the club. I hope he stays, and maybe a more circuitous route to executive level would be sufficient punishment.

It'll be interesting to find out how Barnes will be treated as well, with him being injured and missing the West Ham game anyway. Once he's declared fully fit will Rodgers ban him from the next as well?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

yeah i get the frustrations I really do but its been dealt with. If all of the them were in the squad yesterday and the club had turned a blind eye then yeah that is the reason to be angry but they didn't. They took the right decision to put the fans first and show that the players are not above the rest of us even if it meant that we couldn't field our strongest team. 

I'm happy with how the club has dealt with it, but I can also understand the anger and frustration that people are expressing. Their will be LCFC who have lost love ones during tis pandemic or have lost their livelihoods due to restrictions who have every right to be disappointed with the behaviour of the players. 

12 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Just ask yourself this if a family member or close friend broke the lock down laws would you see it as a big issue? Yeah you probably would but would you move on from it after they had been punished? or would you cut them out of your life completely?  

I think comparing a work situation, which is what this is in reality and a family one isn't the best analogy.

Edited by coolhandfox

30 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

You reckon 4 premier league footballers and 18 young women are playing Jenga and sipping horlicks in their jammys at 1am during an illegal house party? 

Maybe they played a game of pass-the-Covid-19-test-swab, the winner being the first person to show any symptoms. The rules are simple: shove up your nose, rotate it a few times, then pass it on to the next person. Lovely!

Edited by String fellow

36 minutes ago, MPH said:

ive never said anything of the sort lol 

Go back to the original post you quoted, I said people were going over the top and overreacting,  talking of sacking players and you said people had a right to be angry (which I never said the didn’t) and that I was missing the point.

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Go back to the original post you quoted, I said people were going over the top and overreacting,  talking of sacking players and you said people had a right to be angry (which I never said the didn’t) and that I was missing the point.

And if you go back to my comments - to my first reply you’ll see I have only ever made one single point that you seem to be repeatedly missing.

but it’s ok, Enjoy your day, Strokes!

Edited by MPH

21 minutes ago, String fellow said:

It's a curious irony that Maddison was one of the few players to make a point of observing social distancing when he was celebrating a goal he'd just scored a few weeks ago. 

I suspect that Maddison enjoys being the centre of attention a tad more than being a goody two shoes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

The club's not sacking anyone, anyone suggesting such is on another planet, it's nothing but bluster.  

It's been handled and if the sun story is true then Rodgers will have a big black mark against there name, it's now up to them to sort their s*** out and prove to him they want to be here, they respect him and they want to be winners. Real winners don't do what they did, Rodgers will know that. So they either grow the f*** up, decide they want to get the very maximum from their short career and start acting like professionals, or they'll get swapped out for someone else if and when we can. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Am I alone in wanting an apology or is that a bit weird?

It's on the club, I imagine they will apologise if told to / allowed to. The club will probably want them to keep their gobs shot and to not add any fuel to the fire. 

22 minutes ago, String fellow said:

It's a curious irony that Maddison was one of the few players to make a point of observing social distancing when he was celebrating a goal he'd just scored a few weeks ago. 

Strange isn't it.

Jimmy seems to have forgotten, Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching.

• Like 1

Who told Rodgers about the soirée clandestine?  Others in the dressing room will be so peeved off with the trio and what example does it set with the club captain (if it is true) being involved!  I hope this galvanises the squad with a siege mentality rather than create problems and factions within the club!

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

I think the way that Brendan and the club have handled this issue is brilliant. Those players faced the internal consequence of separate training and missing a game along with a fine, however the external consequences they are left to deal with are the real punishments in my opinion. For Maddison, it could well have ended his hopes of going to the Euros and as a collective, the public disgrace and clear message that this isn't what Leicester City Football Club stands for is robust. Regardless of the result, our principles and morality are paramount and you simply don't belong with us if you can't adhere to those rules. They have faced their punishment and we can move on from here. 

I think posters who are trying to point out potential hypocrisy in the majority who are angry at these players for breaking lockdown rules are deflecting the issue. Breaking the rules to have a party is an issue of morality and commitment - when you have the privilege of representing a club and are paid handsomely to do so, ensuring you are respectful with your treatment of the unwavering loyalty and support of the thousands of people following is vital. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeskeyForever said:

I think the way that Brendan and the club have handled this issue is brilliant. Those players faced the internal consequence of separate training and missing a game along with a fine, however the external consequences they are left to deal with are the real punishments in my opinion.

Brendans words were chosen very carefully when asked if he could have just played them... "if you are soft"... It's a message to say don't think a fairly quiet and calm demeanour means I will accept your shit. 

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

So who tipped off Brendan, Was it Morgan or even the Police. ?

Maybe the party was organised by someone with links to West Ham or Southampton, as way of trying to disrupt City's preparations for these games!

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

So who tipped off Brendan, Was it Morgan or even the Police. ?

If 5 players are attending a party then no doubt they'd have asked others that either didn't want to go or couldn't make it.

4 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

they’ll have been told to stay off social media I’d imagine 

I'm just talking about a statement the club themselves put out. I'm not arsed in reading a screenshot of someones notes on their phone saying "sorry to let the club down, won't happen again. Onwards and upwards". Feel like we as fans deserve a proper statement to avoid just brushing it under the carpet. 

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

Is it really that bad? Yes they broke covid rules, but so has everyone else. I mean a lot of people are struggling with lockdown and these are young guys, some without families and it is natural to need social contact. They shouldn't have done it but the reaction of some people on here is really over the top for me. 

1 hour ago, ScrumpyJack said:

I imagine Perez in the corner longingly looking over at the group of girls while adjusting his Givenchy bum bag, Maddison on the balcony tearfully flicking through old photos of himself with Chilwell, Barnes telling a small disinterested group of girls that David Icke “Is an alright guy really”, and Choudhury sliding on his knees in three-quarter length jeans from Gap.

This is what I needed, thank you lol 

Probably looked like this:

898F17EA-748E-47D8-8E4A-F9A1538DB5C8.jpeg

Edited by KFS