Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Final pre match thread (Chelsea)

1 hour ago, Raj said:

I'd rather win the FA Cup mate than even get Top 10!!!

Given what’s going on, this season could be our last ever chance of making a champions league campaign .....  then again, with a weakened squad, we would likely never reach an fa cup final again either ! 

1 hour ago, Raj said:

I'd rather win the FA Cup mate than even get Top 10!!!

I wasn't choosing between the two. Just suggesting we park the cup final and get top 4. I like everybody else want both.

Edited by Andrew

7 minutes ago, Nick said:

Chelsea will be booted out of the FA Cup competition before May 15th - maybe we’ve won it already.

I don’t think so. I think there may be a case for the three clubs to be kicked out of the CL semis. I also think players of the 6 won’t be able to play in the Euros. This will be enough to topple this ESL idea as it currently is. I don’t think there will be any domestic league or cup sanctions for this current campaign 

• Like 1

On the BBC Sport website we are still down to play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge at 3pm on the 15th May and then at Wembley at 530pm! 
I think the only free midweek Chelsea have is the 18/19th May to play the league fixture. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Given what’s going on, this season could be our last ever chance of making a champions league campaign .....  then again, with a weakened squad, we would likely never reach an fa cup final again either ! 

Could be the last ever 'proper' FA Cup final.

7 hours ago, Koke said:

I'd rather do both.

Well obviously so Einstein!!!

But out the two I'd personally have the Cup.

We all moan about the big 6 in the Super league  and then WE want the money making champions league over the greatest cup compe6 in the world which weve never won.

Double standards

Edited by Raj
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Raj said:

Well obviously so Einstein!!!

But out the two I'd personally have the Cup.

We all moan about the big 6 in the Super league  and then WE want the money making champions league over the greatest cup compe6 in the world which weve never won.

Double standards

I'm in my 5th decade of supporting this wonderful football club, and I've dreamt of us lifting the FA Cup throughout. (Every day we've not been eliminated from the competition). But in order to continue to evolve as a football club we need champions league football to attract the players to take us to the next level and keep players like Youri and Ricardo satisfied. Those players we're so lucky to have will want our ambitions to match their own, and this means playing at the highest level in Europe. 

This is actually compounded by our failure to hold on to champions league last season. A repeat this season and people will question our ability to maintain our position in the top four in any future season and this will affect the players we hold on to, and those we can attract.

For this reason, I understand how important our league performance is.

But we're a handful of games away from doing both this season. One game from winning in the cup. So be positive and believe both is possible! 

This will hopefully be a year everyone talks about for years to come, along with the 15/16 season. Its a great time to be a Leicester City fan. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dynamark said:

I really would love to see the Nigerian suits with dark glasses for us as pic posted by someone earlier.Saw a clip recently of Gazza having won the semi and all he talk about was getting measured for his final suit.

image.png.aa31c5a13bd3dbeee680857b1d304cff.pngAs long as we don't go for the Henley Regatta nob look that Liverpool pulled off 25 years ago

So many reasons to want to beat these:

1. For us to win the FA Cup after waiting so long to do so.

2. To exact revenge for their continually knocking us out of the FA Cup in the last 20 years or so. I still haven't forgiven them for cheating to beat us in a 5th round replay in 1997. Younger fans should look up the footage of the Erland Johnsen dive, which caused a real storm at the time, including questions in the House of Commons about the use of video technology.

3. The fact that they keep poaching our players, with the Kanté one being particularly galling.

4. Their involvement in this Super League crap.

5. Their racist fans.

6. The way they have bought success, having been a West Ham playing in blue before Abramovic bank rolled them.

Yes, I don't like them at all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ShadowKing said:

Does anyone know why the finals are on May 15 and not after the Premier is over?

I thought the FA Cup was played after the season was over.

I would imagine that due to the EURO's being at Wembley, they need 3/4 weeks to prep everything, hence 15th May was the last possible date for a final.

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

So many reasons to want to beat these:

1. For us to win the FA Cup after waiting so long to do so.

2. To exact revenge for their continually knocking us out of the FA Cup in the last 20 years or so. I still haven't forgiven them for cheating to beat us in a 5th round replay in 1997. Younger fans should look up the footage of the Erland Johnsen dive, which caused a real storm at the time, including questions in the House of Commons about the use of video technology.

3. The fact that they keep poaching our players, with the Kanté one being particularly galling.

4. Their involvement in this Super League crap.

5. Their racist fans.

6. The way they have bought success, having been a West Ham playing in blue before Abramovic bank rolled them.

Yes, I don't like them at all. 

Lange was off to Chelsea before he signed for us..There was no poaching..!!

15 hours ago, Nick said:

Chelsea will be booted out of the FA Cup competition before May 15th - maybe we’ve won it already.

A friend of mine has just sent me a copy of a tweet by. Our friend Sean from Enderby that we will be confirmed as Cup winners by early next week.....Not on twitter myself to see if there is anymore on this but he has been spot on with him team releases.....