Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Final pre match thread (Chelsea)

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Never understood this - are people aware that we never actually won a game in it?

Fortunate that we didn't make the FA Cup final last season - parading out in that ridiculous insipid salmon pink. To think for years I lampooned Cov fans for their ludicrous chocolate brown away strip. 

Won in the League Cup v Chelsea in it didn't we?

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The football and players does the talking on the pitch, not the colour of the kit dictating what happens. 

Disagree. Some of those pastel shades of the 1980s reduced teams to a laughing stock - and it hardly instilled confidence emerging from the tunnel at the Den in a puce, peach or lavender away strip. 

Sir Alex would also beg to differ. Remember the Man U debacle away to Saints in 1996?  

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Won in the League Cup v Chelsea in it didn't we?

That was what -1982 or 83 time? and it was at the Bridge, so yeah, we must have done I guess. In which case, we never won in the league wearing it. 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Love this club - the one event where colours are huge. They’ve picked a kit you can no longer buy and they don’t have any related merchandise of Maroon too. 

Even when there is a chance to be gimmicky and cash hungry, they fcuk it up. 

The folks producing the fakes on eBay are gonna make a packet 

If your small or extra small there’s still some.

However, if your larger you could by a couple and stitch them together. If your extra extra extra larger just by a few.

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Disagree. Some of those pastel shades of the 1980s reduced teams to a laughing stock - and it hardly instilled confidence emerging from the tunnel at the Den in a puce, peach or lavender away strip. 

Sir Alex would also beg to differ. Remember the Man U debacle away to Saints in 1996?  

That's a few examples dating back decades ago. 

And its not like our maroon kit is a laughing stock compared to the grey away of Man Utd or whatever clubs played in 30-40 years ago... 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's a few examples dating back decades ago. 

Yes that's right. What's your point?

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And its not like our maroon kit is a laughing stock compared to the grey away of Man Utd or whatever clubs played in 30-40 years ago... 

At no stage did I mention the maroon kit or suggested it was. I simply responded to this...

42 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The football and players does the talking on the pitch, not the colour of the kit dictating what happens. 

And as I said, Sir Alex Ferguson would beg to differ

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

£10.00 

Just ordered one.

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Link works for me. Pre-ordered mine! 

28 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Did "secure checkout" take an age to load up for you's or should I be trying on a different device?

9 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Yes that's right. What's your point?

At no stage did I mention the maroon kit or suggested it was. I simply responded to this...

And as I said, Sir Alex Ferguson would beg to differ

Okay not sure if it's me misreading the tone but I'm not looking for/wanting an argument lol (this ain't the COVID thread ;)).

When you said you disagreed and then proceeded to mention kits that were a laughing stock, I took that to mean you thought the maroon kit was.

6 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Did "secure checkout" take an age to load up for you's or should I be trying on a different device?

Nah was quite quick for me.

31 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

If they are the home team we should be playing in White.

No as maroon is our away kit and white is 3rd

edit : I may be wrong here. I’ve no idea

Edited by SystonFox
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Okay not sure if it's me misreading the tone but I'm not looking for/wanting an argument lol (this ain't the COVID thread ;)).

lol:thumbup:

45 minutes ago, StanSP said:

When you said you disagreed and then proceeded to mention kits that were a laughing stock, I took that to mean you thought the maroon kit was.

Ah - ok, no worries Stan. But I did as usual go off on one about the pink, which I detested. 

No, never even mentioned the maroon, that was another conversation. Not a fan personally - but I agree, it's not an issue. Of course I'd prefer us to turn out in all blue,  sorry, blue and white. (Don't get me started on the gold trim either).

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Yep. Just tried to order a scarf too wouldn't load. Will try later or tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yep. Just tried to order a scarf too wouldn't load. Will try later or tomorrow.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Nah was quite quick for me.

Sorted now

One for me, one for Granny, one for me Uncle who took me both Worthington Cup's aged 6('99) :scarf::scarf::thumbup:

• Like 2