Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Final pre match thread (Chelsea)

1 hour ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

After watching Kante run the show against Madrid last night can’t help but feel a little scared for our midfield as we have to confront the demon midfield destroyer Kante , he’s too good . We can beat him but if we were to win we have to have a plan centred around nullifying Kante .  

Queue agent n'didi. It's the FA cup final and half you lot are talking as though we've lost it already. Early goal, make them attack and then counter attack. We've already beat em 2-0 this season.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Love this club - the one event where colours are huge. They’ve picked a kit you can no longer buy and they don’t have any related merchandise of Maroon too. 

Even when there is a chance to be gimmicky and cash hungry, they fcuk it up. 

The folks producing the fakes on eBay are gonna make a packet 

If we win it will be an iconic kit, up there with the blue diagonal on black and green with yellow ind coope pinstripe. And as a result it will probably get rehashed to death.

11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If we win it will be an iconic kit, up there with the blue diagonal on black and green with yellow ind coope pinstripe. And as a result it will probably get rehashed to death.

Never understood this - are people aware that we never actually won a game in it?

Fortunate that we didn't make the FA Cup final last season - parading out in that ridiculous insipid salmon pink. To think for years I lampooned Cov fans for their ludicrous chocolate brown away strip. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Never understood this - are people aware that we never actually won a game in it?

Fortunate that we didn't make the FA Cup final last season - parading out in that ridiculous insipid salmon pink. To think for years I lampooned Cov fans for their ludicrous chocolate brown away strip. 

I actually quite liked that pink kit. Dammit I've been pulled into the colours conversation! 

23 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I can't believe people are banging on about the colours. Heyyy maaaannn..... We're in the FA cup final mannnnn! (Ranieri style) let's enjoy it - we'll all be singing Maroon 5 when we beat them 5-0! 

Then Another goose flies over and Vardy Slots in another one...

12 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I actually quite liked that pink kit. Dammit I've been pulled into the colours conversation! 

I first became conscious of it as a keeper thing. I remember being utterly aghast at the time that Norwich felt the need to send the unfortunate John Ruddy out in what looked like a king prawn fancy dress costume. Then, five years later...

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

I first became conscious of it as a keeper thing. I remember being utterly aghast at the time that Norwich felt the need to send the unfortunate John Ruddy out in what looked like a king prawn fancy dress costume. Then, five years later...

Eleven prawns in football....The Good ol' Octopus...then we have our very own  Shark,

A right royal-salad.

I really don't mind the maroon kit or that we'll be playing in it. 

In the grand scheme of things it's faulty inconsequential. The football and players does the talking on the pitch, not the colour of the kit dictating what happens. 

I think it looks beautiful anyway and will do so again when we walk out to play. 

33 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Before my time - got sucked into everyone else's nostalgia about that kit and 'the good old days' which didnt sound good at all ffslol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I really don't mind the maroon kit or that we'll be playing in it. 

In the grand scheme of things it's faulty inconsequential. The football and players does the talking on the pitch, not the colour of the kit dictating what happens. 

I think it looks beautiful anyway and will do so again when we walk out to play. 

We've never lost a Cup Final, when we've played in all maroon.    :)

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

How much are they flogging the programme for? The email link won’t load for me.

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

??

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Aye looks like the link in the email is duff.

£10.

I expected that tbf. Can't remember how much I paid for the Community Shield final programme at Wembley, I bet that was a tenner also. Probably a standard price for finals.

Edited by Fox92

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

How much are they flogging the programme for? The email link won’t load for me.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Aye looks like the link in the email is duff.

The link worked for me, it's £10.

https://shop.lcfc.com/fa-cup-final-programme-9148?utm_source=lcfc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FACupFinal_programme_280421

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It’s also funny how many people like that green and yellow ind coope kit now, as from what I can remember it was pretty unpopular at the time.