Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Final pre match thread (Chelsea)

10 minutes ago, Sid1979 said:

Is there any pubs in leicestershire showing the fa cup final as Im struggling I don't really want to watch it on my own

There will be mate. I'll start to find out when I've got some time and post places in here. What sort of area of Leicestershire are you based/wanting to watch it in?

Hope you're OK pal?

• Like 2

I do think the club are going overboard with their bombardment of videos and articles about breaking records re us getting to the FA Cup Final.

As Rodgers rightly says you need to win it and for us even more than most because if the players feel like the job is done the only record we will have is playing and losing 5 FA Cup finals

• Like 1

Still feels surreal. The FA Cup Final isn’t for the likes of us... well that’s what it was like growing up in the 90s and into the 00s. The best I’d seen was a 1-0 Quarter Final defeat at Blackburn in that gold kit (05/06?).

Hopefully we can get over the line, and then remarkably as someone in their mid 30s I would have witnessed us winning every major honour in English football - quite amazing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

If we are the away team then I’m guessing that we’ll wear white as I don’t think we have a version of the maroon kit with King Power on and we wear King Power in the cups. Might be wrong though.

Maroon would be too close to the solid blue of Chelsea too from a TV perspective  I expect. Although there have been some shocking kit clashes in recent years.

8 minutes ago, Ricey said:

If we are the away team then I’m guessing that we’ll wear white as I don’t think we have a version of the maroon kit with King Power on and we wear King Power in the cups. Might be wrong though.

I'm sure we will have special shirts for the final with some embroided logo around the badge that states Wembley 2021 v Chelsea, so I suppose they can use which ever colour is required, including maroon.

6 minutes ago, thegaffer9 said:

Maroon would be too close to the solid blue of Chelsea too from a TV perspective  I expect. Although there have been some shocking kit clashes in recent years.

We played in maroon at Goodson in jan ......of course their shorts are white but I suspect we will manage to get some shirts arranged with king power on them ......

23 hours ago, Foxxed said:

There's a story about Vichai and Chelsea. Vichai had long decided he wanted to a buy a stake in an English football club. He and Top bought a directors box to watch Chelsea play. But they suffered massive disrespect from the Chelsea staff. Vichai vowed he'd buy a club that would one day beat Chelsea. We can fulfill that vow in the final.

As I understood it, they had a box at Chelsea, were looking to buy a club and Abramavic told them to buy Leicester.

On 20/04/2021 at 17:48, bovril said:

When we won the league I half-thought 'whatever happens to LCFC now I'll be happy'. But **** it, I desperately want to see us lift a trophy again. I crave that feeling I had in 2016. 

This squad is special so I hope they win something. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

We are the home team. We will play in blue and Chelsea in white.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2021 at 21:32, thegaffer9 said:

I hope we don't play in maroon. It's a terrible colour for colourblind viewers when the other team plays in blue. Nowhere near enough contrast.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I hope we don't play in maroon. It's a terrible colour for colourblind viewers when the other team plays in blue. Nowhere near enough contrast.

Your colourblindness is on another scale if you struggle between our dk maroon and royal blue.  However, there is a general point here that not nearly enough attention is given to colour blind viewers (of which there are many hundreds of thousands on every TV game, when clubs decide on second/third strips.

On 22/04/2021 at 17:53, Always Next Year said:

Away and playing in maroon

Then when we win...We take them off ,put the blue-strip on.....Then collect the trophy..!!!

Chelsea plastics, turning in late to Watch   the celebrations...will be celebrating..

then will be Really pssed-off ,realising its the LCFC-royalblue-Boys

are the ones  Running around with the silverware...!!:scarf:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1