Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Moshiri (Everton majority owner) saying on radio just now that he wants a points deduction for the 6 

50 points this season for Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs, 50 points next season for Man United, Man City and Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Cat is out of the bag now, these clubs must never be forgiven regardless of the backtracking that will happen.

Yep. As Neville said yesterday, remember these names.

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Agreed. Bringing the league into disrepute alone is enough for sanctions IMO 

Exactly. Deduct all 30 points. That way City can’t win the league either. And ban them from the CL too. They simply can’t be allowed to carry on as normal after this. 

Docking Arsenal 30 off points would pretty much relegate them!! Which would be hilarious watching “Arsenal fan TV”

Edited by Pliskin
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't see how it can be successful to be honest. It'll become glorified friendlies, people will lose interest quite quickly I think. It really is an absolutely awful idea lol

If they're there on a 4 year contract on 400 thousand a week. How itchy will they be to leave? 

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm interesting to know what the reaction has been amongst any American fans about this? Are they looking at the reaction here and thinking what's the problem? 

A system they are used too, similar to ICC cup they have per season but with a bit more of a competitive edge. This will be NFL, and football in this country becomes the equivalent of college sports in America. 

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

I would have thought that most American football fans actually follow European football because of how it’s structured with the excitement of relegation etc.

I was going to write the same thing.

Americans I know who follow Association Football like it precisely because of the differences. No ad breaks, relegation and promotion, clubs more rooted in the communities.

I enjoy the absurdities of American sports. I wouldn't want them to change for an international audience. 

• Like 1

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

If they're there on a 4 year contract on 400 thousand a week. How itchy will they be to leave? 

We'll have to wait and see I suppose. Some will love it I'm sure. I'm not convinved that the best of the best will go for it though. I think they're gonna end up paying someone like Moise Kean 250k p/w to be in their teams. Chupo Moting on 200k a week turning up to play in USA. It'll be hilarious.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

People always talk about money but most players want to play for the love of the game.

If it was all about money then players like Shearer, Gerrard etc would have left the clubs they loved.

Guest bennytwohats
5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Cat is out of the bag now, these clubs must never be forgiven regardless of the backtracking that will happen.

The owners must never be forgiven, but at this point it would be unfair to hold players, managers or fans accountable for it.

I think what will be really interesting is once people start getting the choice to opt in. Like a player or manager decides now to join one of these clubs, they’ve basically at that point said they’re fine with it and to me that’s when they should be held accountable.

Make damn sure that none of those players or managers who opted in ever join are club, make that a deterrent. Have a mass of washed up managers and players who couldn’t cut it in the mercenary league and now can’t play anywhere. They might have the financial might but we have the numbers. How many players and managers would sacrifice 95% of possible future employers for a shot at a super league team? The moment we start welcoming these people without consequence then the game is up

2 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Benfica who were rumoured to be keen on joining now officially ruled themsleves out, saying the previous leak was nonsense. Great stuff

Hence the hung out to dry bit, I bet all the clubs who signed up for it were told which other clubs would join, who are now saying they won’t. It’s be funny if this was all about a reversal of European clubs power by clubs saying they’d join and sneakily not. I mean at the moment, Bayern and PSG have just become the top European sides.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We'll have to wait and see I suppose. Some will love it I'm sure. I'm not convinved that the best of the best will go for it though. I think they're gonna end up paying someone like Moise Kean 250k p/w to be in their teams. Chupo Moting on 200k a week turning up to play in USA. It'll be hilarious.

It's going to be interesting for sure how they try lure the very top players away. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Exactly. Deduct all 30 points. That way City can’t win the league either. And ban them from the CL too. They simply can’t be allowed to carry on as normal after this. 

I doubt it would be that severe as 30, as I can only hypothesise that The Premier league will not want to lose the brands.

30 this season would relegate Arsenal, probably risk Tottenham also.

I think 15 to 20 is more likely. This would mean Manchester City would still win the league in all likelihood. I assume you could punish teams for further seasons?

You could withhold payments due.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I firmly expect UEFA and the FA to both bottle it btw, they'll end up caving to the big clubs, especially UEFA. They were threatening to ban them from EL/CL yesterday, but by Thursday they'll be saying nothing will be done this season, watch this space.

Definitely. Failure to come down on these clubs adequately will lead to this idea popping up again. Kill it now 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

People always talk about money but most players want to play for the love of the game.

If it was all about money then players like Shearer, Gerrard etc would have left the clubs they loved.

If it was just about money then China would have attracted more than the bunch of ragamuffins it managed eh. 

• Like 1

I really don’t think point deductions go far enough. One season punishment then they’ll be back acting like twats. Kick them out the premier league. Football league refuses to let them join. Let them start from the 5th tier. That seems more proportionate to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiments it's not like Gerrard wasn't playing at the top in his prime on the top money of the time. It's also known he did want to leave for Chelsea but things behind the scenes happened forcing his hand to stay. 

I do agree with you though, most do play because they love the game but there's also players that it's just a job for so we'll see what money they throw into players pockets. 

Just now, peach0000 said:

I really don’t think point deductions go far enough. One season punishment then they’ll be back acting like twats. Kick them out the premier league. Football league refuses to let them join. Let them start from the 5th tier. That seems more proportionate to me.

Seems unfair on the conference clubs. They can start at step 8/9 where most new teams start :D