Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

But the teams don't want to leave the premier league. they want their super league to run alongside their participation in the premier league. The additional income they would receive just from participating in the super league would enable them to strengthen their squads to far beyond what any other team could achieve. Ensuring that those 6 clubs always finish in the top 6 positions. The pyramid will still be in place but the best any of the rest of us would be able to hope for is to finish 7th in the Premier League. 

If you can't see why that is a problem then theres something very wrong with you

If they get to stay in the league I'm done with the pro game. I've already said that. If they're booted from the domestic league I see no problem. The only people I feel sorry for are the proper fans of the 12 clubs who've had their club ripped away from them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Because there's supposedly a competition above the highest competition the other 86 can't reach as they have no access to it. The whole principle of sport is that we all have a chance of reaching the highest heights, be it Man City, Leicester City, Middlesbrough, Peterborough, or Port Vale. Or even Notts County. It might be further off for some than others, some might have an advantage due to financial clout, but at the end of the day there is nothing stopping Notts County reaching the very top of the game. This new league does stop that, this creates a "competition" that no matter how well you do, you have little or no chance of gaining access.

We can't enter the world cup or the african champions league or the norweigian premier league. It's nothing to do with us as a tournament. 

Maybe this is the difference in thought. I wouldn't see it as something I would want to be involved in or care about being involved in.

Just now, filbertway said:

If they get to stay in the league I'm done with the pro game. I've already said that. If they're booted from the domestic league I see no problem. The only people I feel sorry for are the proper fans of the 12 clubs who've had their club ripped away from them.

They want both, it either happens like that or it doesn't happen at all.  That is the truth of it.  They believe they are so powerful the premier league will not be able to afford to kick them out, so they can push this through.

• Like 2

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

They want both, it either happens like that or it doesn't happen at all.  That is the truth of it.  They believe they are so powerful the premier league will not be able to afford to kick them out, so they can push this through.

We'll see, I highly doubt that'll happen. I'll be more disappointed in the premier league if they bend to the will of these 6 clubs. If they do then the game is done at the top level anyway. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Wolves announce themselves Champions for 2018-19 Premier League season, after coming 7th behind all six clubs that have signed up to the European Super lol:thumbup:

WOves.JPG

For all those dicks who said we bottled it last season, turns out we won the bloody league!!

Leicester City 19/20 Premier League Champions!

• Like 3

If they stayed in the premier league then I'd be done with top level football for good. If they're kicked out and want to pursue this closed league with no competitive element then fair play. I couldn't care less once they stop being a part of the league and I don't understand why people care.

UEFA, Sky, BT and the Premier league members are only concerned because it's going to hit their pockets.

I agree whole heartedly that should they not breakaway that the punishments need to be extremely severe or it will just happen all over again in a few years and continue to keep happening with them gaining more power and more control each time. 

As I said earlier in the thread, I hope they're thrown down the football pyramid, preferably further than the championship, where they then start the next season with a 40 point deduction. They have to be made an example of. 

However it doesn't change the fact that if they go ahead with it and 'the best players' do all flock after the money (that I do beleive will implode it anyway) that clubs like us will never be afforded the chance to compete at any point. 

I spent almost my entire teenage years dreaming we'd get back the prem one day and that we'd go one further and win the league, maybe even the champions league. Its something that fans of these so called super clubs would laugh and goad me about. But in 15/16 we did it. We actually won the league, we'd competed at the top domestically and won for the first time ever. 

I still hold hope that we can bridge the gap again and one step further this time and find success I'm europe. That we can have the best players and that we can have a real amount of time in the sun.  Maybe I'm stupid and naive but I'd rather live in a world where I can have this naivety than one that excludes any kids dream of seeing their team dine at the top table of football. 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

We can't enter the world cup or the african champions league or the norweigian premier league. It's nothing to do with us as a tournament. 

Maybe this is the difference in thought. I wouldn't see it as something I would want to be involved in or care about being involved in.

We can't enter them because we're not an international team, African or Norwegian.We are a European team.

We strive to qualify for the highest competition for the associations we compete in. This will be connected to our association, will involve teams we compete directly with but will be a competition we have no access too.

We’re getting a mention in quite a lot of anti super league related posts/videos/online content. Really hope we ourselves can use this super league bullshit as us V them motivation to ensure we finish top four and win the cup ahead of Spurs Liverpool Chelsea. Can imagine the old school boys, the likes of Kasper Vardy Albrighton especially really not agreeing to it. 

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Did you see his tweet yesterday lol

Was absolute bollocks all round 

Blokes an absolute chancer. I’ll never forget that time when he basically got called out by Everton over the Zaha deal he was pushing! lol 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

I agree whole heartedly that should they not breakaway that the punishments need to be extremely severe or it will just happen all over again in a few years and continue to keep happening with them gaining more power and more control each time. 

As I said earlier in the thread, I hope they're thrown down the football pyramid, preferably further than the championship, where they then start the next season with a 40 point deduction. They have to be made an example of. 

However it doesn't change the fact that if they go ahead with it and 'the best players' do all flock after the money (that I do beleive will implode it anyway) that clubs like us will never be afforded the chance to compete at any point. 

I spent almost my entire teenage years dreaming we'd get back the prem one day and that we'd go one further and win the league, maybe even the champions league. Its something that fans of these so called super clubs would laugh and goad me about. But in 15/16 we did it. We actually won the league, we'd competed at the top domestically and won for the first time ever. 

I still hold hope that we can bridge the gap again and one step further this time and find success I'm europe. That we can have the best players and that we can have a real amount of time in the sun.  Maybe I'm stupid and naive but I'd rather live in a world where I can have this naivety than one that excludes any kids dream of seeing their team dine at the top table of football. 

If they stayed in this league and picked up £350 million on top of the normal premier league money then it'd be pointless even playing in the league.

It'd be weird because 7-10th would get champions league qualification lol

If they're kicked out of english football then I don't see the problem other than players will potentially need to be paid less if tv deals are reduced, which for me is a massive win anyway.

if they get kicked out i'm happy, if they stay I'm done with top level football. They're my options :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Because there's supposedly a competition above the highest competition the other 86 can't reach as they have no access to it. The whole principle of sport is that we all have a chance of reaching the highest heights, be it Man City, Leicester City, Middlesbrough, Peterborough, or Port Vale. Or even Notts County. It might be further off for some than others, some might have an advantage due to financial clout, but at the end of the day there is nothing stopping Notts County reaching the very top of the game. This new league does stop that, this creates a "competition" that no matter how well you do, you have little or no chance of gaining access.

In case our resident Notts County fan doesn't respond..... :D

That sort of happened in the 70s/80s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notts_County_F.C.#Two_golden_ages_1945–1987

"The Magpies struggled during the 1960s, being on the brink of financial ruin and striving to avoid the indignity of having to apply for re-election to the league. This situation continued until Jack Dunnett, a local member of parliament, took control of the club. He appointed Jimmy Sirrel, a charismatic Scot who had once played for Celtic, as manager in November 1969. In the 1970–71 season, County clinched the Fourth Division title in record-breaking style, remaining unbeaten at Meadow Lane. Two seasons later, Notts County were again promoted, this time to Division Two. Sirrel departed for Sheffield Utd in October 1975 but returned two years later. He completed the remarkable transformation of Notts County in May 1981. He had turned The Magpies from Fourth Division strugglers to a top division side in little over a decade, ending an absence of 55 years from the top flight. This achievement was with the same chairman (Jack Dunnett) and trainer (Jack Wheeler) throughout the decade".

They only lasted a couple of seasons in the top tier and didn't get into Europe (might have coincided with the ban on English clubs anyway).

If they stayed in this league and picked up £350 million on top of the normal premier league money then it'd be pointless even playing in the league.

It'd be weird because 7-10th would get champions league qualification lol

If they're kicked out of english football then I don't see the problem other than players will potentially need to be paid less if tv deals are reduced, which for me is a massive win anyway.

if they get kicked out i'm happy, if they stay I'm done with top level football. They're my options :D

If they go and are kicked out then yea great, but then everything and anything needs to be done by everyone to ensure it's not a success. Because it doesn't change the fact that if its an overwhelming success and the world's best flock to it. We'll never be allowed to compete at the top table. No club should denied the right to compete at the top Purley because for the last 10 years their name didn't fit. 

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

We can't enter them because we're not an international team, African or Norwegian.We are a European team.

We strive to qualify for the highest competition for the associations we compete in. This will be connected to our association, will involve teams we compete directly with but will be a competition we have no access too.

I suppose this is the difference, people are assuming they stay in and I'm assuming they'll be kicked out.

If they were to stay in the league then the Prem have bottled it and I'm done.

12 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I echo this.

On the social side - I think the saddest thing of all is that we've had trips to Prague, Wembley, a great cup run and some memorable victories etc and none of us have got to experience it as a fanbase. I was always against the idea of having a campaign without fans because of that possibility. We have been robbed of this season and that is unforgivable in itself.

...there are no guarantees in life, what we are going through is nothing like a five year war!!!

No one asked for  this and "being robbed" is a tad self-indulgent. 

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Why would not having those 6 teams in the league prevent us from becoming the champions of England or Europe?

It would be silly to have the CL and the SL running in parallel if those SL teams are still in the PL as they want to be. 

The final PL table would be a complete Dogs Dinner with 6 teams automatically going into the SL and the 4 highest placed teams into the CL which could conceivably be the teams finishing 7,8, 9 and 10. Then of course you have the chance that one or more teams could be selected as one of the 5+ teams

It would be complete farce.

We'd either accept have to the SL as a direct replacement for the CL and stick with the Euro & Conference Leagues or Kick out the 6 from the PL which is not what they want.