Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

To be fair, these clubs have been against their owners for years. United hate the Glazers (Why don't they just buy them out eh Rio?), Arsenal have hated Kronke for years and actively want him out. Man City love their owners, but they will because they spend billions and transformed them completely, Chelsea are similar, Roman changed the club completely. Spurs don't like Levy, they say he's a tight **** and then Liverpool have been against FSG for a few years too.

This has just made even more of their fans turn against their owners. I hope there's serious change to the ownership modelling in this country.

Newcastle fans have been putting up with it for years. I have huge sympathy for them.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Silva Fox said:

I think we could do with collectively distancing ourselves from any suggestion that we as a fanbase are in any way bitter about not being included in the Super League. That misses the point that the very concept of the SL completely undermines the domestic football pyramids in England, Italy and Spain. I for one don't want any part of this for our club, not now or ever. 

Completely agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheffield_fox said:

As far as I'm aware, the clubs don't even need to vote on expelling them. The 6 clubs are directly breaking a key rule of the premier league by playing in an unsanctioned tournament. The Premier League can, and should, expel them directly.

have they actually broken any rules as yet ??  if they haven't signed anything that commits them to playing then they may only be guilty of bringing the game and league into disrepute and that has limitations on sanctions 

• Like 1

I think the government involvement will kill this in England.

In comparison to the Italian and Spanish sides, the UK teams, with the exception of Levy at Spurs, are all foreign owned.

After all that's been thrown at them over the last year this is an open goal.

I would say, I really don't like all this call of "just ban them now" or "deduct points now" "kick them out"

I wan't these teams to stay in the league, I don't want a premier league with 6 new championship teams in it, kicking them out of the league now will just force the project to go ahead, ultimately if they want their cake and to eat it too then sure we can look at kicking them out of the league in future, but at this moment in time, greedy owners are going against the players and the fans of those clubs, United fans want to be in the premier league, not the super league. So we need open dialogue and to reach out the olive branch to these owners to give them a chance to come back to the table. Ultimately just pressing the button and kicking them out now solves absolutely nothing, and will likely have devastating financial impacts on the rest of the football league.

Edited by cityfanlee23

11 minutes ago, Halifax Fox said:

http://chng.it/jtyfrtcyH4

Petition to ban it.

There's already one going earlier in the thread, this just splits the "vote" 112,000 signed so far

https://www.change.org/p/all-persons-related-to-football-stop-the-introduction-of-the-european-super-league

Edited by norwichfox

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

have they actually broken any rules as yet ??  if they haven't signed anything that commits them to playing then they may only be guilty of bringing the game and league into disrepute and that has limitations on sanctions 

This is exactly what I'm wondering. There's all this talk of various punishments, but can they actually be dealt out for the clubs 'only' showing their intent? 

Just now, Livid said:

In comparison to the Italian and Spanish sides, the UK teams, with the exception of Levy at Spurs, are all foreign owned.

In a way they must be delighted. A sure fire way to win the majority of the UK over by putting his foot down and ****ing over the big 6.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Those laws apply to all, not just certain people.

The govt can make things awkward for a time but it won't necessarily stand up in court. 

The government makes the laws.  The PM has said today he wouldn't rule out legislative changes to stop this happening.

I genuinely feel like it's the beginning of the end of this thing today.  Cracks are forming.  Pressure is telling.

As Steve Parish spoke about last night, the ringleaders, Perez, FSG, the Glazers who are leading this thing have massively overplayed their hand.

• Like 2

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

This is exactly what I'm wondering. There's all this talk of various punishments, but can they actually be dealt out for the clubs 'only' showing their intent? 

If they've signed a contract as suggested by Perez, surely that goes beyond intent? 

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

I would say, I really don't like all this call of "just ban them now" or "deduct points now" "kick them out"

I wan't these teams to stay in the league, I don't want a premier league with 6 new championship in it, kicking them out of the league now will just force the project to go ahead, ultimately if they want their cake and to eat it too then sure we can look at kicking them out of the league, but at this moment in time, greedy owners are going against the players and the fans of those clubs, United fans want to be in the premier league, not the super league. So we need open dialogue and to reach out the olive branch to these owners to give them a chance to come back to the table. Ultimately just pressing the button and kicking them out now solves absolutely nothing, and will likely have devastating financial impacts on the rest of the football league.

Can we at least ban Liverpool indefinitely though

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I wan't these teams to stay in the league, I don't want a premier league with 6 new championship in it, kicking them out of the league now will just force the project to go ahead, ultimately if they want their cake and to eat it too then sure we can look at kicking them out of the league, but at this moment in time, greedy owners are going against the players and the fans of those clubs, United fans want to be in the premier league, not the super league. So we need open dialogue and to reach out the olive branch to these owners to give them a chance to come back to the table. Ultimately just pressing the button and kicking them out now solves absolutely nothing, and will likely have devastating financial impacts on the rest of the football league.

Kicking them out doesn't serve anyone anyhow. The PL brand and associated broadcast and sponsorship income is wiped out overnight. The remaining 14's financial situations would be ravaged and unsustainable 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Livid said:

Yep, we need European governments to come together here. They need to be completely united to kick this project out of existence. A simple solution could be to introduce new laws to tax them into oblivion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Man City will be shitting it with possibility of losing out on a CL final. 

Liverpool will give in, the power of the fans, Klopp and the players should win over. 

I think that's one thing the foreign owners seem to forget. The fans in the UK are some of the most passionate across the world. Liverpool last summer, Leicester in 2016. Newcastle have a protest almost monthly at times.

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yep, we need European governments to come together here. They need to be completely united to kick this project out of existence. A simple solution could be to introduce new laws to tax them into oblivion.

It only needs the British government. The whole concept would fold with the English teams out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

The government makes the laws.  The PM has said today he wouldn't rule out legislative changes to stop this happening.

I genuinely feel like it's the beginning of the end of this thing today.  Cracks are forming.  Pressure is telling.

As Steve Parish spoke about last night, the ringleaders, Perez, FSG, the Glazers who are leading this thing have massively overplayed their hand.

That's what I'm puzzled by - why didnt do this is the summer and more softly?