Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Those who still aren’t Rodgers out seem to be of the opinion “it’s too late”.

On that basis I don’t think they can be turned, they’re a lost cause. 

We’re all being guilty of being apathetic - I have for years now, atleast I want pro active change to help that - not willing to be apathetic and just accept it without wanting change.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MickeyMouse said:

🤡 I backed him until yesterday. I'm selfaware, I turned out to be a cartoon like my username on this one. In my defence, for many months and phases including the losing run at the start, if Top had sacked him, I'd go fair enough, makes total sense.

After the poor start, this season, like the previous, felt like a write-off. I sympathised even though I was annoyed by Brendan's same excuses (anyone remember?) about the lack of transfers, we could've done with a tall Centreback then and not to mention a Right Winger for how many years? Even Lookman would've been fine!? Why isn't Soyuncu playing? We'll coz he won't renew and he's not Tieleman's tier in Brendan's book, so Amartey has to play because we don't have any other options. At the start of the season he couldn't have guessed how shit Ward would be, but then Rodgers recruitment saw the B player mentality and got him for 12m, no sympathy there..

I haven't been able to catch as many games this season, but the times we did we lost narrowly so many times.. the kind where it's ridiculous bad luck, look at Iversen's own goal yesterday, Faes was Liverpool's top scorer for a while.. we've dropped points right at the end where a lot of the responsibility would also be on players.. And injury situation has been unfortunate as well. Top's shown tremendous amounts of faith because of the luck & lack of transfers, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers being the **** he is makes snarky remarks after he departs. His PR nonsense and never taking responsibility for losses is second to none. Condescending mf!

When I said I backed him, I backed him to get us safe by end of the season but with each game was losing long term faith. So earlier in the season, why not sack Rodgers? The season is a write-off after being left behind, money is tight, let him keep us up we can replace him towards the end saving some more for transfers. I suppose, this is where Top and I had the similar idea but Brendan eventually dropped us in the bottom 3.

Since Top & I have thought alike here, I feel either Rodgers is sacked immediately, otherwise Top keeps him to the end of the season and then sacks him regardless of the outcome, like he'd been planning earlier. Nothing inbetween.

Thanks for this explanation. A brave admission on here. 

This gives me hope that the rest of the numpties will also change their tune. But still not enough hope that the board/top will, until we can unanimously tell him we want Rodgers to **** off, but unfortunately even then I have little faith.

I can hear the justifications now, we have a match Tuesday, that's more important. Can't be knee jerk. Mustn't ruin preparation for Tuesday. Without joining the dots that 2 weeks preparation resulted in yesterday's shite. 

30 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

As stupid as it sounds, you have to question whether they do want us in this league anymore.  The owners are doing absolutely nothing to stop the rot.  They are 100% letting this play out all the way to relegation.  I've never ever seen this from any club. You try anything, even if it ultimately fails, to try and dig yourself out of a mess.  LCFC are doing nothing.  It's extraordinary really. 

In Brendan THEY trust 

Crazy isn’t it! 

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think we seriously have to wonder if indeed this is self sabotage. 

The tepid tactics, the Ward and Soumare and Tete fiascos.... are a hair's breadth away from throwing a fight

In any work scenario you'll be called into to office and explain why your performance is going downwards.....seems like Rudkin and Whelan haven't the balls or Brendan's personality is to high for them to say anything negative to him. They must be chatting amongst themselves to pass the buck to Top to talk to him after the Villa game

• Like 1

Are the board blind we are going backwards and straight to the Championship if Rodgers is not sacked before the next match.

Just get it done the bloke is actually shit in every aspect of his job and doesn't even want to be here and is doing everything possible to take us down or get sacked.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Are the board blind we are going backwards and straight to the Championship if Rodgers is not sacked before the next match.

Just get it done the bloke is actually shit in every aspect of his job and doesn't even want to be here and is doing everything possible to take us down or get sacked.

He’s not deliberately taking us down - he won’t want that on his cv

he’s simply incapable of dealing with the situation we find ourselves in which is mainly down to him (not exclusively) 

32 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

As stupid as it sounds, you have to question whether they do want us in this league anymore.  The owners are doing absolutely nothing to stop the rot.  They are 100% letting this play out all the way to relegation.  I've never ever seen this from any club. You try anything, even if it ultimately fails, to try and dig yourself out of a mess.  LCFC are doing nothing.  It's extraordinary really. 

Someone on this forum claimed Top became very reluctant to deal with the club and all decisions were incredibly slow coming. He could have just delegated everything and remained hands off, much to the club's detriment, rather than, say, wanting to lose the Premier League money. From what I can gleam on here from people who seem vaguely linked to the club, since Vichai's passing away, the owner has become hand-off, director of football has become the decision maker and the manager has run amok.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this would be the boards temptation if they do sack him. 

I would genuinely be happy to let lars knudsen do it. We got better after he'd had a bit of time with the players at set pieces, then Brendan clocked back in and it turned to shit again. And let's be honest, set pieces are now the least of our problems.

Would be excited with O'Neil but a bit scared of ruining his legacy with this squad of fairies. They're hardly a team in his image. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Those who still aren’t Rodgers out seem to be of the opinion “it’s too late”.

On that basis I don’t think they can be turned, they’re a lost cause. 

We’re all being guilty of being apathetic - I have for years now, atleast I want pro active change to help that - not willing to be apathetic and just accept it without wanting change.

I remember having an argument with some berk behind me (either before or after the World Cup) who insisted we were a good side low on confidence and we shouldn’t sack Bodgers. Presumably he’d have also followed Hitler to the last when his bunker was surrounded, and perhaps also taken a cyanide tablet.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, chapero82 said:

He says it’s in our own hands when it’s clearly not.. We are in the relegation spaces now so we need others to lose lol 

Technically it is because if we win all ours it involves beating teams above us who would then drop below us. 

It is on our own hands, unfortunately, both our hands are like Jeremy Beadle's little one, and covered in butter. (one for the kids) 

Cannot believe this morning that Brendan is still here !!! May cost us a couple of bob to get rid but will cost us much much more if he takes us down. I would be happy to give MON a shot at keeping us up if he would give it a go, no blame from m if he failed to keep us up at this point, but at least he'd put some fire into this lot and we'd go down working our socks off and with a bit of fight.

6 minutes ago, ousefox said:

When we go down I actually hope we keep him. Make this 'elite' manager have to suffer with the rest of us. 

I haven't enjoyed watching us play for years now. 

Well this is the thing isn’t it, will these Rodgers apologists be ok with him walking away? Claim such an elite manager can’t work with a club like ours who finds ourself relegated? Seeing as it looks to me as if he isn’t allowed to be questioned and he seems faultless in their eyes.

Can’t understand anyone that remains Brendan IN. Should’ve been sacked months ago, but here we are. Sleep walking to relegation with the king of excuse making at the helm.

Can’t stand the sight or sound of him. Brendan Rodgers isn’t Leicester City, we the fans are. Get him gone before we are playing Reading again.

9 minutes ago, ousefox said:

When we go down I actually hope we keep him. Make this 'elite' manager have to suffer with the rest of us. 

Same here,

my problem is if we go down and that muppet is in charge then I will reluctantly have to give up my season ticket. Renewal will be coming up soon so what to do? 

14 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Not sure that would help us rebuild and gain promotion, having a manager here under sufferance whilst earning £10m is a strange concept.

I'm so heart broken, I have never cared so little about this club and it hurts, I'm actively starting to hate top as well, this can't just be made up by sacking Rodgers.

I'm so confident a new coach makes this team tick again because look at how he had us defending set pieces until we got the set piece coach, like night and day. 

• Like 4

Brendan, please, please, please…..just go. Ring in and say you cant be bothered anymore (which HAS actually been the case all season). Not only is he incapable of sorting this mess….he doesnt even want to!! ANY other club in this league (in fact, in any league) would have sacked him 3 times already this season. The board need to clear off too! All of them, hang your heads in shame! 

• Like 1