Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

There is something intangible about Brendan that just feels off. It’s his own fault in my opinion with his history of ‘tall tales’ and self promotion. He is a winner and wants success, but he has a slippery untrustworthy side too. In my opinion he needs to just knuckle down at Leicester and put those tendencies to bed. 

That being said our two greatest managers have to be. 

1. Ranieri

2. Rodgers. 

For me this guys has to be 3rd

3. O’Neill

4. Pearson. 

It’s about winning at the end of the day, trophies. It’s not about honourably competing. And we’ve won stuff. Happy fuching days. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I think we’re in danger of going off topic and hijacking this into another NP thread but we wouldn’t be where we are without the foundation NP laid. He is the maker of our success and turnaround of the football club.

I agree with that completely too! I was a massive Nigel fan when he was here.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think we’re in danger of going off topic and hijacking this into another NP thread but we wouldn’t be where we are now without the foundations NP laid. He is the maker of our success and turnaround this football club has seen.

Exactly this, It's very likely none of our recent success would have happened

if NP hadn't sorted out the Club and go it on the right track.

If people are talking about trophies then it has to be

Ranieri

Rodgers

Pearson.

Mon

Don't forget also it was Pearsons squad that Ranieri won the league with.

So does that move him back to the top of the list. 

For me it does as everything since has been built on his foundations.

With the set up we have now, it's made for Brendan to go on and have more success, And he deserves every credit for the Cup win and league position.

He has a great chance to now take us further.

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

There is something intangible about Brendan that just feels off. It’s his own fault in my opinion with his history of ‘tall tales’ and self promotion. He is a winner and wants success, but he has a slippery untrustworthy side too. In my opinion he needs to just knuckle down at Leicester and put those tendencies to bed. 

That being said our two greatest managers have to be. 

1. Ranieri

2. Rodgers. 

For me this guys has to be 3rd

3. O’Neill

4. Pearson. 

It’s about winning at the end of the day, trophies. It’s not about honourably competing. And we’ve won stuff. Happy fuching days. 

Well done for having your own opinion rather than following the crowd.

I do need to point out however that I think you are wrong.  Brendan has been a breath of fresh air for the most part.  He is not without mistakes but I can see he has bought in to the spirit of Leicester and is now as much a part of it as me and you.  One of the very best managers we have ever had and has always acted with dignity since he joined the club.  We would be so much poorer without him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Christ you sounded rough this morning on Talksport. A 48 hour celebratory session is great going - especially someone the wrong side of 40. I did 12 on Saturday and still paying for it now.  Was definitely worth it though.

After 7.30am if anyone wants to hear some croaking about LCFC

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1621227600/1621233000/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Much prefer Rodger's demeaner on the side lines compared to Tuchels. Even before the goal, Tuchel was visibly angry and berating some of his players. Be interesting to see how some of his players like this different side they are now seeing of him when things aren't so rosy 

• Like 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

Much prefer Rodger's demeaner on the side lines compared to Tuchels. Even before the goal, Tuchel was visibly angry and berating some of his players. Be interesting to see how some of his players like this different side they are now seeing of him when things aren't so rosy 

Not a different side at all, if you've been watching them he's often like that. He's incredibly demanding and that's why he's managed to turn them around into a well drilled team within 6 months. He took someone off 20 mins after bringing them on because they weren't doing the work he wanted from them. If any characters can't handle it then they'll be off in the summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Not a different side at all, if you've been watching them he's often like that. He's incredibly demanding and that's why he's managed to turn them around into a well drilled team within 6 months. He took someone off 20 mins after bringing them on because they weren't doing the work he wanted from them. If any characters can't handle it then they'll be off in the summer.

Abrahams is one apparently 

Still prefer the positive approach from Rodgers, especially with younger players 

39 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Well done for having your own opinion rather than following the crowd.

I do need to point out however that I think you are wrong.  Brendan has been a breath of fresh air for the most part.  He is not without mistakes but I can see he has bought in to the spirit of Leicester and is now as much a part of it as me and you.  One of the very best managers we have ever had and has always acted with dignity since he joined the club.  We would be so much poorer without him.

Told you it was intangible 🤣

But I see it lurking there, deep in his ferrety little eyes. 

On 16/05/2021 at 12:21, PhillippaT said:

This - we need consecutive European, if not CL, seasons to build up the war-chest to compete properly for being a 'big six (or seven!)' club - that's about economics more than league position, unfortunately.

..  League position gives us the finance in order to compete!!!

Top four finishes leads to Champions league which leads to money. 

He's always spoken of the history and heritage of Liverpool and Celtic but you really felt he understood our desire to win the FA Cup and was determined to do it. 

So much respect for that.

We have got press on quickly with the ground extension to 40,000 to enable us to cement our position as the Midlands top club. I can see Leeds and West Ham being major players in the next few years with their much bigger drawing power. We need to project the character of a big club. We have the training facilities and the ownership/ management team , the stadium is the last piece in the picture.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We have got press on quickly with the ground extension to 40,000 to enable us to cement our position as the Midlands top club. I can see Leeds and West Ham being major players in the next few years with their much bigger drawing power. We need to project the character of a big club. We have the training facilities and the ownership/ management team , the stadium is the last piece in the picture.

leeds could tank next season, look what happened to sheffield. they'd need a good few top 10 finishes before becoming attractive 

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

leeds could tank next season, look what happened to sheffield. they'd need a good few top 10 finishes before becoming attractive 

Leeds were getting well over 30,000 in the championship. Historically Leeds are a big club. West Ham have a massive supporter base in East London and Essex. The mystery is why they are not up there with Tottenham and Chelsea.

7 hours ago, davieG said:

Are we deluded or are these Ex-player pundits?

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former White Hart Lane number one claimed the 48-year-old “cannot turn down Spurs” as they are a “massive global superpower”.

Tottenham are increasingly confident of having Jose Mourinho’s successor in place at the end of the season after holding further talks in recent days.

However, Football Insider understands Rodgers is not looking to leave Leicester this year and, barring a shock U-turn, has been ruled out of the vacant position.

The Northern Irishman guided the Foxes to FA Cup glory on Saturday – his first major trophy in English football.

Robinson is adamant there is still hope for the London club in their pursuit of the Rodgers.

“Regardless of the FA Cup or whether Leicester are in the Champions League, I think Rodgers would be tempted to come to Spurs at the end of the season,” he told Football Insider.

“Spurs are a bigger club than Leicester.

“Yes, Leicester have performed better than them this season but the history, the stature, the infrastructure and the finances of Spurs are greater. Tottenham are a massive global superpower.

“Rodgers can sit in his press conferences and say he is not interested but if Spurs come and test the water in the summer I think his answer will be a little bit different. You cannot turn Spurs down for the opportunity that it gives you.”

I think we all know.

I know this is off-topic but what Paul and others fail to realise is that while Tottenham are bigger than us in terms of stature, there are many bigger than Tottenham too. Rodgers wants Chelsea or Man City for his next move, I reckon.

28 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

They certainly could but I doubt very much that they will. They appear to have a solid plan in place. I really don't think Sheffield ever had a plan in place.

• Like 1

Based on the quality of manager:

O Neil

Rodgers

Pearson

Ranieri

Based on what they achieved with the resources we had at their disposal:

O Neil

Pearson

Ranieri

Rodgers

Ranieri and Rodgers will always have won us our 2 best bits of silverware but never underestimate what O Neil and Pearson did for us with much inferior situations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1