Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

42 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

We’ve just won the FA Cup against all odds. A juggernaut of a team and to a man we fought everything to win it.

An absolute wonder goal from one of the greatest we’ve ever had play for us and fight and determination from back to front.

The owners, the players, the manager, the staff  have all come together as one for a day we’ll all take to our grave.

Yet after all that, your more worried about trying to rub it in my face and @kiwiturk too for having opinions that differ from yours.

Just grow up and celebrate this fantastic day for god sakes! Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but ultimately everyone wants the end result and what we’ve seen today, not 1 person can not be in tears of joy after that!

Im so proud of everyone from the players, manager and owners!
No 💵💵 can ever take that moment away from me/us/Leicester City!

I love this club!! ❤️

Whipped 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thought he got it spot on today personally. Started with Perez and kept it tight. Even starting Evans even though he knew he might not make it gave us a foothold in the game and kept it tight when Söyüncü showed a few nervy moments early on. 

Albrighton for Evans was always on the cards and bringing on his energy, passion and a Premier league winner was invaluable. Maddison came on to help us keep possession, and Morgan and Choudhury on at the same time as Giroud meant we could match their areal presence when they started lumping it into the box. 

He might have his detractors at times but think he justified reign today. Got it spot on when it mattered most. Bottlers? Who are they?! 

• Like 3

Sometimes he frustrates me (but so did O’Neil and Pearson at times) and sometimes I question his decisions. However, what he has done so far this season is excellent. To have the injuries we’ve had and currently have (remember our entire left side has been carved out!) and to be still be competing for top 4 with a major trophy in the bag, is good management. Add to that, the progress we see in all of the players is excellent. Remember, we had a 19 year old left WB today. His progress has propelled due to Brendan giving him the chance to develop.

I hope this is the first of many trophies for him with us.

Did anyone notice he mentioned this was his 7th final and has won them all (a few times!) I genuinely think the "Brendan the bottler" has had an impact on him. How could it not?! So happy to see him start to prove those doubters wrong. Winning the FA Cup with Leicester, as the underdogs, is a huge success. Hopefully we can do the top 4 too and surely then, he can shake off those last lingering doubts a small few still have. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, majaco said:

Rodgers made big calls during the game.  Ricardo, Praet, Mendy and Amartey stayed on the bench while Morgan and Choudhury got on.   

Yep - and he didn't take the easy options, he took the right ones.

Brought on a 35-year-old who hadn't played for 5 months to calm/organise defence and an aggressive, occasionally rash midfielder as the best to close down opposition players all over the pitch.

Either of those decisions could have led him to get stick, if say Wes had made a gaffe or Hamza had scythed someone down. But he knew the best players to bring on and was brave enough to trust his judgment and trust those players.

Very bold and very right. :appl:

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

If it wasn't for VAR Morgan would have been the worst sub ever. I love VAR.

lol

I know what you mean, but I'm not sure he could've been blamed for his potential last-minute OG, after Soyuncu lashed the ball against him.

Anyway, if VAR hadn't ruled it out, Wes would just have scored an extra-time winner, as per his crucial goals at Old Trafford and v. Sevilla. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1