Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

He's surpassed Nige for me now. I love him and he built something special here but Rodgers has us as a genuine top six club and has won a major trophy. 

Achievements yes. I still don’t trust him for some reason but I’d give Nige my bank details lol 

Achievements:

1. Ranieri

2. Rodgers

3. Pearson

He is laying a platform, building a super club, leaving a legacy, we will have him for 2 more years that’s a given but after that he is destined to manage one of the Very Elite clubs and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was in Spain given his ability with the lingo 

but if we keep doing well he might stay for a long time, if we match his ambition then he will stay 

Edited by King of Gipsy Lane

14 hours ago, Unabomber said:

He is getting close to Pearson and Ranieri territory. Nice one Brendan!

Surpassed Pearson IMO. 

Ranieri 

Rodgers 

Pearson

In that order.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jim5000 said:

The one thing that worried me was in the Cup post match interview, he said the big 6 were expected to win trophies, whereas Leicester were aiming to just compete. He inferred there is another level of club above us, and that it was great we were competing with them but we weren't on their level.

He's just telling the truth, thats the reality at the moment.

• Like 1

Are we deluded or are these Ex-player pundits?

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former White Hart Lane number one claimed the 48-year-old “cannot turn down Spurs” as they are a “massive global superpower”.

Tottenham are increasingly confident of having Jose Mourinho’s successor in place at the end of the season after holding further talks in recent days.

However, Football Insider understands Rodgers is not looking to leave Leicester this year and, barring a shock U-turn, has been ruled out of the vacant position.

The Northern Irishman guided the Foxes to FA Cup glory on Saturday – his first major trophy in English football.

Robinson is adamant there is still hope for the London club in their pursuit of the Rodgers.

“Regardless of the FA Cup or whether Leicester are in the Champions League, I think Rodgers would be tempted to come to Spurs at the end of the season,” he told Football Insider.

“Spurs are a bigger club than Leicester.

“Yes, Leicester have performed better than them this season but the history, the stature, the infrastructure and the finances of Spurs are greater. Tottenham are a massive global superpower.

“Rodgers can sit in his press conferences and say he is not interested but if Spurs come and test the water in the summer I think his answer will be a little bit different. You cannot turn Spurs down for the opportunity that it gives you.”

I think we all know.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone know what postcards these were? 

They were postcards for the individual players, from closest family, nearest and dearest, wishing them luck, organised by Rodgers for a final motivational push

Here we go again...    :surrender:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Bottler.

Arrogant.

Stubborn.

No Plan B.

FA Cup Winner :scarf:

Christ you sounded rough this morning on Talksport. A 48 hour celebratory session is great going - especially someone the wrong side of 40. I did 12 on Saturday and still paying for it now.  Was definitely worth it though.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Christ you sounded rough this morning on Talksport. A 48 hour celebratory session is great going - especially someone the wrong side of 40. I dis 12 on Saturday and still apying for it now.  Was definitely worth it though.

We can tell! 

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

He doesn't get enough credit. I don't remember our fans ever singing his name? We used to sing Sven's ffs.

Hero.

To be fair we haven't been at the KP for 14 months. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

He doesn't get enough credit. I don't remember our fans ever singing his name? We used to sing Sven's ffs.

Hero.

Yeah it has been a slog to get folks to sing for him. Not sure why really but will never be the case again now.

26 minutes ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

Each player had a postcard waiting with their kit when they walked into the dressing room. They contained messages from family and friends.

Another example of small details being done right.

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

They were postcards for the individual players, from closest family, nearest and dearest, wishing them luck, organised by Rodgers for a final motivational push

That's class. Love that a lot. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

How lovely is that. The guy is immense. What a man manager he is. That must have meant so much to the players especially those from other countries who haven't seen their families in a very long time. 

Made me a little emotional 🥰

• Like 1

I read that he arranged for the dressing room to be made more homely for the players too with symbols and pictures etc. so it felt like home for them.  A class act! 

Glad we respected the occasion too with suits and ties.  So chuffed still! What a day! 

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hales said:

How lovely is that. The guy is immense. What a man manager he is. That must have meant so much to the players especially those from other countries who haven't seen their families in a very long time. 

Made me a little emotional 🥰

This weekend has been like hasn`t it! 

Why is there no crying like a baby emoticon?  lol

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Surpassed Pearson IMO. 

Ranieri 

Rodgers 

Pearson

In that order.

If you’d have told me 10 years ago MON wouldn’t be in our top 3 managers I don’t think anyone would have believed you.

Guess it shows how far we’ve come.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

If you’d have told me 10 years ago MON wouldn’t be in our top 3 managers I don’t think anyone would have believed you.

Guess it shows how far we’ve come.

Should Pearson be in it over MON. Promotion 2 cups and 4 top ten in the premier league. Was pretty damn good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, teblin said:

Should Pearson be in it over MON. Promotion 2 cups and 4 top ten in the premier league. Was pretty damn good.

I think we’re in danger of going off topic and hijacking this into another NP thread but we wouldn’t be where we are now without the foundations NP laid. He is the maker of our success and turnaround this football club has seen.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2